Starting BSD today :) Want to check a couple of foodie things!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Violet1811
    on

Hi All,

Starting BSD today, I had porridge for breakfast (weighed with a tsp of cinnamon), poached eggs, mushrooms and tomato for lunch. I’m planning to use the recipe book, which arrived yesterday from Amazon, but just wanted to check where Polenta lies. I’m presuming it’s something to stir clear of while on the BSD diet?

My husband is from Italy and every so often I will cook with Polenta…

Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ™‚ x

• posted by Timetochange
    on

Hi Violet1811 welcome to BSD! I’m no expert, but I’d say avoid polenta as it’s made from corn meal flour; however there may be others who have successfully incorporated it?
    I’m 11 days in to the diet and 12 lbs down, so my experience is that it works. I love porridge but have ditched it for now as it’s too startchy. The raspberry and spinach drink in the book is lovely for breakfast and I often eat eggs (any way you like) and yoghurt with nuts and a few berries. At the weekends I might have a small amount of bacon on one day. I hope yiu like the diet, I think it’s mostly as case of mind over matter. Having said that, I’m about to go away fir the weekend so let’s hope my mind stays on the matter of BSD!! Good luck and thus forum is great for advice and support.

• posted by Violet1811
    on

Hi Timetochange,

Thank you for your reply; I to have a feeling polenta will have to be ditched ๐Ÿ™

I will have to give the breakfast drinks ago, I really enjoy porridge, and it keeps me full so a little wary about giving it up…but I need to lose weight, so I’ll see what else I can change to. Well done on being 12lbs down that is amazing, you must be so happy. I really hope the diet works for me,

Take care ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Cecily
    on

Porridge is still high in carbs, which on the 800 cal diet is not advised. Polenta is off limits too.
    Maybe try full fat Greek yogurt, or poached eggs on a grilled portobello mushroom? They both fill me up really well.

• posted by Violet1811
    on

Hi Cecily, Porridge is in the recipe book so that’s why I had it the first day, this morning I had the smoothie, and tomorrow I am planning to have poached eggs.

• posted by Cecily
    on

Cool! Just keep an eye on your daily carbs when you have it.
    Loads of luck on your BSD journey
    (I’m only 12 days in and my best advice so far is planning ahead. My only hard days have been the ones I haven’t planned for)

Please log in or register to post a reply.