Starting BSD Fast 800. (I hope I succeed!)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JustStickWithThis
    on

Hi there, everyone.

I start BSD Fast 800 today. Right around Christmas, I might go off track a bit, but I intend not to let it get too crazy. Actually, I am hoping nobody will notice that I am eating so little and just leave me to my diet while we visit and stay with the in-laws.

I am moderately fit-ish. I’d say I am carrying about 15-20lbs more weight than I’d like. I’m vegan. I wasn’t always, but ever since making the switch, I feel better about my choices overall. So that is a lifestyle, and it remains in place for the rest of my life. 🙂

It’s exciting to be here with you all! It’s not the first time I have “planned to start” BSD. I really never stuck with it before, one thing lead to another and you know the rest of that old story. So, umm, any motivation, insight, and stories of how you tried and kept at it till it worked would be most welcome!

I’ll roam through the forums to see what you’ve all been saying to each other. I just wanted to post a little something here too.

(Oh do you guys use a calorie counter? Or simply monitor it in your head? Or on paper, the old-fashioned way?)

Cheers!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome, JustStickWithThis – well done on taking the decision to make this change, especially with the festive season looming. There is no ideal time to make a start though and we all have to learn to make this way of eating fit in with our life styles, no matter what situations arise.

Some people use an online or app based calorie tracker/counter, some like me use a spreadsheet. I’d suggest vague calculations in your head is probably not the ideal way to go, as this could be a bit hit and miss.

Top tips are, keep well hydrated and if in doubt down more water; keep an eye on the carbs also, record everything consumed as well your vital statistics, so that you build an overall big picture of what you are doing daily and the progress being made. Finally, make good use of the forum, as there is a wealth of information, advice, support and encouragement on here, so share your successes and vent when things go wrong and someone will be sure to celebrate or encourage as necessary.

Best of luck to you – look forward to reading of your success.

on

12072017: Day 1 was a success! I attribute that to eating an obscene amount of food yesterday. Today I didn’t experience much hunger at all. Still, it was a win! Im hoping these good 800cal days continue effortlessly until it’s time to transition.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi JSWT, I didn’t use a calorie counter as such as I followed the menus from the book. It did annoy me that he didn’t put the calories on the menu planner so I had to go to each recipe page and write it down, although the days menus came out around 800 I wanted to swap things around. Now it is all written in a book. When I come across something new I just type into the top line of my computer spinach nutritional information and hey presto it comes up on screen – so the product and those 2 magic words nutr….. in fact the computer will give you that name before you finish typing. If you want to log and keep your daily intake then there are plenty of sites that do this after you set up a profile i.e. MyFatSecret – I personally use Sparkpeople.com as it is one I have used for many years.

Good luck and keep on keeping on…

• posted by Milalin
    on

Hi JSWT I’m not far ahead of you and loving the recipes… my new hobby! Best wishes. I have Christmas Day in mind as we are having family Christmas at a buffet. I already know I won’t go crazy but will allow myself a few extras I like if I see them. I’m still thinking nuts etc rather than pudding! Well that’s the plan anyway. Best wishes for success everyday in no matter how big or small but in some way forward😊

on

Why, thanks everyone! 🙂
    Well, the first day was great, but then I had around 1600 calories yesterday and woke up rather hungry for breakfast today. In a way, I am pleased! I never used to feel hunger in the mornings so maybe that’s a good thing?

Talking it over with my fiance, we agreed that the 800 calorie days might be hard for me to achieve every day. I ride my bike a lot, about 10 miles a day 4-5 days a week on average. And I’ve always been accustomed to a good amount of food.

So, all this is to say, I will try some version of the BSD. Likely the 5:2 approach or maybe even 4:3. Anyone out there doing this now? I noticed a section of the forum dedicated to 5:2, so I will pay it a visit!

Cheers.

Please log in or register to post a reply.