Starting again, exhausted this time?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ihatesugar2
    on

Hi can anyone help with the most energising meals/ snacks as I’m working long shifts and outside. I’m not hungry after a week but zero energy to lift a cup. Hate feeling lazy 🥺 Thanks in advance

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, funny that you say people think you are skinny as UK people are getting bigger. We notice it when we come back to UK for holidays and especially after nearly 2 years away. When my family were here (France) in the summer my grandson, after wandering around the supermarket with me, asked why there arent any fat people in France. Pretty well true but lets not get complaicent, the French are getting bigger and there are more KFC’s and McDo’s so there might be a connection.

Anyway, you ask about filling snacks. I always find a protein is the best thing to have for a snack, especially if it is one that contains some fat. So, cheese, cold meat, chicken or a boiled egg. Dont skimp on real fats so you will feel fuller if you use full fat millk, cheese or cream in meals. One to set me up for the morning is 2 eggs scrambled in butter with a sprinkle of chilli flakes (optional) and an ounce of a good strong cheese like cheddar stirred in to melt at the end. On the fat subject, never ever eat anything that claims to be skinny, low or lo fat. To take the fat out the food has to go through a process and to add flavour they add things like rice or potato flour. Low fat but high carb or sugar. If something claims to be low sugar it will had other things added too. I honestly believe that it was eating everything low fat in the past that gave me the medical problems I have – high cholesterol and diabetes. You think you are eating healthy food but you are being conned.

Hope that helps.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

An odd thing happened to me when I first started BSD. I started craving steak, something I’d only eaten once or twice in my 60 plus years. I worked out it was the protein I craved, so I agree with s-g. When you’re only eating 800 cals you need to make sure every mouthful counts. So my tip would be to make sure you get plenty of good protein; chicken, eggs, steak or red meat etc – the other tip from my experience would be to listen to any cravings you’re having – apart from the bad ones of course!
    Best wishes and do give us a shout out if you have any other questions or join in any of the threads for support.
    Jennie xx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Also, forgot to say don’t hate feeling lazy – it’s a big shift while your body is adjusting. My advice would be to coddle yourself as much as you can during these first couple of weeks, you’ll come out rested and full of energy at the end of it. xx

• posted by Namita Nadar
    on

This is a wonderful article and i have book marked it

• posted by Deepak05
    on

Also, forgot to say don’t hate feeling lazy – it’s a big shift while your body is adjusting.

Please log in or register to post a reply.