starting again

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by FreshStart
    on

hey all

are these boards still active? i need to do the 8-week diet (again) to kickstart my health plan for 2020. anyone else starting it?

• posted by Mother_Ridler
    on

I’m starting 1st of Jan. A bit clichéd but in my head get Christmas done etc.
    So, you’ve done this before freshstart? Any tips? I’m dreading the carb withdrawal flu.
    When are you planning to start?

• posted by Verano
    on

Not everyone suffers from carb flu so don’t panic! Best of luck.

• posted by Fattofitgal
    on

Why wait til the first.. im starting again today.. this time thou i am using the forums to keep me on focused.

• posted by FreshStart
    on

mother_ridler i guess I’ve already started, like, yesterday, Saturday, i figure why wait till the first (eh, fatofitgal), but i get the getting the xmas and new year treats out of the way first and then do the fast diet.
    I tried it a year ago but my weight fluctuates throughout the year and if i don’t do something about it now, it will jst keep getting worse. so i’m trying this (again)
    I love carbs so it will be a challenge. i didn’t give up all carbs, but i tried to find better replacements

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi, Just dropping by to wish you every success with the new start. And congratulations for starting NOW rather than waiting till 1 Jan! I am not planning for an 8 week stint, but certainly for a judicious January, and will be cheering you on!

• posted by FreshStart
    on

thank you caronl!

• posted by AngS
    on

Caronl, I like your idea of a judicious January! I think I ought to do that to get me back on track. Two years ago I did the 8-week diet, lost a stone and reversed my Type 2 diabetes! Since then I have been doing the 5:2 Diet, apart from holidays abroad. And that’s where the trouble lies…
    Last September (2019), a group of us went to the South of France for 10 days. We all ate out every night and, instead of me sticking to gin and slimline tonic and no desserts, I drank copious amounts of red wine and had a dessert every evening. (I knew it was wrong, but in a way, it was a test. I wanted to see what happened if I ate and drank what I wanted). Consequently, my November HbA1c was 48, with the GP recommending Metformin again. I said no, because I know how to control my blood sugar now, so fingers crossed my next check-up in the next month or so, will be OK again. Christmas and New Year hasn’t helped, which is why I think a Judicious January is a good idea. Will-power and the determined mind-set is vital! Good luck everyone doing this!

Please log in or register to post a reply.