Starting 31st July- Newbie

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by IML99
    on

Hi everyone,
    I’ve been putting off starting this diet for far too long and enough is enough! I am 20 years old and extremely unhappy with my body image and i am determined to make a difference about it. Looking for other people who are planning on starting the diet around the same time or even those who are in the process of the BSD and could provide some extra support, the more the merrier!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi IML, I am 57, which must seem ancient to you. I think a lot of us on here will be concerned to hear you say that at 20 you are extremely unhappy with your body image. Why? I think i will not be alone in wanting to know more, and to support you, in being a healthy and lovely you.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi IML – I have six years on sixturkeys and like her, I’m wondering what you concerns and goals are. Hope you will feel able to share a little more of your story, so that we can offer the best advice and support.

• posted by IML99
    on

Hi sixturkeys and SunnyB,
    Thank you for both replying. In my early teens I gained weight and gained approx. 16st. I joined a slimming group when I was 17 and managed to lose and maintain my lose of 2st. I am very proud of this but since losing this weight I seem to be stuck and even when continuing my previous diet I was unable to lose more weight or fluctuated between a lb or two.

Even though I have lost weight I am still not comfortable with my body. To me it doesn’t matter what I weight it’s more about how I feel when I look at myself in the mirror.
    I am going on holiday next year and I really want to feel confident in swimwear which currently is far out of my comfort zone.

I really appreciate the replies.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi IML, it is lovely that you have a holiday to look forward to! And you should be justly proud of seeing off those 2 stones. Can you give us an idea of what your previous diet was/is? Do you cook for yourself or are you away say at uni? Or at home with your family? There are many threads on here; some are busier than others. You don’t have to post just now on any of them, just when you feel you want to, or have a question or just want to bounce an idea around. There is new monthly one just started for August, as well as a regular weekly one. Maybe one of those will appeal? When you look in the mirror, do not be hard on yourself – we can often have a very distorted view of ourselves. However this forum can help, whatever you’d like to ask now, just shout out. Take care!

Please log in or register to post a reply.