Started on the 11/12/16 (2 weeks before Santa)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yorkshirebloke
    on

Male 42.
    Yorkshire UK
    Weight 321lb. 22 stone 9 pound.

Non diabetic.

Hi Everyone. Hope you’re all ok.

Day two of the BS diet and I’m doing OK. I use the my fitness pal app which is very useful. Felt a bit moody today. I’ve eaten just over 900 calories which I’m fine with. Drank plenty of water, about 4 litres. I’m really determined and the thought of Christmas looming hasn’t deterred me one bit.

Feeling positive and raring to smash the life out of this weight loss.

COME ON!!!

Peace and love. X

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hey up

Some potential good news 22 stone 9lbs is actually 317lb – so that’s four pounds gone already.

I also do an average of around 900 calories and less than 50g of carbs coupled with a lot of tea and water and have lopped off 64lbs (I started at 329lbs) since mid August so just keep the faith.

on

Ey up,

That’s some going. Massive well done. Do you have any tips?

I’ve reworked the stones to pounds and it still comes out at 321. 14/321 = 22.9.

Any tips and advice will be thankfully received.

Mucho thanks.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

The only tip is to just to keep at it. There are periods when the weight will drop rapidly but also long periods when the scales don’t budge (the dreaded plateaus), but just keep the faith and it’ll go in the end. If you do have a bad day, then just put it behind you and start again the next day.

Your maths is right but the .9 is .9 of a stone, not 9lbs, so it’s actually about 12-13lbs. Either way. it’ll soon be dropping!

• posted by SuzieT13
    on

Starting tomorrow. So not far behind you. I have 2.5 – 3st too lose, but you’d think it was a 15 stone hurdle, the way I let it ruin my life. I WILL have a carefree slim summer next year. Good luck, keep it up. Suzanne x

on

You are correct. Ive reworked It and 23 Stone 9 Pound Is 317 Pounds not 321. Doh!

Good luck to you too Suzanne.

I’ve been up since 3:20 this morning. I presume that was caused by the diet.

I also got weighed this morning and I’ve lost 6lb in two days. I wasn’t expecting any water loss as I came onto the BS diet straight from a natural produce diet. Really quiet gobsmacked with such a dramatic loss.

I also love the fact that this diet uses Mindfulness. I’ve read loads of books on the subject. Eckhart Tolle and Deepak Chopra are my favorite authors on this.

Have a great day. X

• posted by Mint_Tsaurus
    on

Greetings Yorkshirebloke –

I’m at the opposite end of the country (Dorset) but in a similar situation. A month ago I tipped the scales at over 300lb and had just been diagnosed with Type II diabetes. Pleased to report that I’ve just completed 4 weeks of BSD, have lost 25lb and am not only finding the regime sustainable, but positively enjoying it. I’m sleeping better, my blood pressure is down, I am more alert and – for possibly the first time ever! – feeling like I want to get out and exercise more.

I honestly believe that 90% of any weight loss program is in the head. The keys for me so far have been:
    1) Making the Diet Change POSITIVE. Treating the diet not as an exercise in cutting things out and depriving myself, but as an opportunity to add new ingredients and experiment with different techniques. Not everything has worked, but it’s been fun trying.
    2) Telling People. Previously, because I’m quite self-conscious about my weight, I had been embarrassed and resisted telling people I was on a diet. This time I’ve told people including those I don’t really like, If I feel tempted by some forbidden food, I imagine the smug I-knew-you-couldn’t-stick-to-it look on their face – it works a treat. Seriously, making myself accountable is important – even writing on this forum is part of that.
    3) My Dog. He’s a combination of personal trainer (ensuring I do my 10K steps per day), psychotherapist and good friend – priceless.

I know it’s still very early days for me, there will be challenges ahead and only time will tell where this will ultimately take me. But I can testify to the fact that it is possible to experience significant positive changes in just a few weeks.

Good Luck to you Yorkshirebloke and anyone else reading this thread – onwards and upwards.

on

Hi Mint Tsaurus.

Massive well done on your 25 pound drop. That’s a great achievement. I like your key points especially number 1.

The hunger I experience now is different to normal. I don’t crave any bad foods and the addictive aspect of junk seems to of completely disappeared. Early days yet but all is going well.

on

Loads of energy today. Hunger pangs have gone. I feel light, sharp and energetic.

Hope you all have a positive day.

on

11 pound off in the first week of the BSDiet. I’m quite surprised with the amount as I’d previously lost 12 pounds over 4 weeks on another diet before coming onto this one.

Next weigh in is Christmas day.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

it is a little miracle, no other diets do what this one can.

on

3lb off on Christmas day. 1lb on new years day. 2 pound off over the Xmas period. Loads of walking. Over 2 hours a day.

Had a terrible day today. Need to get back on track.

Hope you’re all OK and doing well.

• posted by Mint_Tsaurus
    on

Well done on keeping it up over the festive period, Yorkshirebloke and as for the two hours walking! – that’s impressive.

Lost a couple of pounds myself over Christmas, so still heading in the right direction … my initial 8 week period finishes next week and with 1 week to go I have lost 35lb. More importantly for me, it really feels like eating like this is sustainable beyond the first 8 weeks … I don’t really crave many of the things that I have cut out.

I invested in some ‘weightwatchers’ scales which give you a measure of %age body fat and BMI … all a bit scary but I thought it would be worth tracking those things as well as weight.

All the best for 2017 to everyone reading this thread – Mint_Tsaurus

Please log in or register to post a reply.