Started Feb 4th updates and questions

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Wizbit89
    on

Hi All,

So I started this WOE on Saturday, I loved it and on Monday I weighed and was 2 lb down which was amazing! I am a bit of a scale addict which I am well aware of but stepped on the scales this morning and they say 3lb on!! Did anyone else fluctuate a lot at the beginning, trying my best to stick to plan and not get disheartened but that is a big gain ๐Ÿ™

Also if anyone has any amazing meal suggestions of variations of the reciepes on this page I would love to see them ๐Ÿ™‚

x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Wizbit89 – hang in there, it will come right. I weigh daily as well, as I find it helps me to stay focused, but I know what you mean about the potential to become disheartened. However, remember there are many things that can cause fluctuations – fluid retention, constipation etc. – the secret is not to panic. Stick with the 800cals, stay well hydrated, keep an eye on the carbs and you will see good results, but don’t expect loss to be linier – there will be ups and downs along the way. There might well be stalls and plateaux at times too, when nothing seems to be happening at all, but if you stay positive and focused you will eventually see the results you are aiming for. Be sure to keep us posted on progress and shout if you need advise or support – there are lots of lovely folks here who will respond. Good luck with your quest!

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Like SunnyB says, don’t get disheartened & stick with it, plenty of good advice.
    I’m a daily weigher – never used to be but the book advised daily weighing (apparently people who do that lose more….not my experience I have to say!) but plenty of people weigh themselves weekly, and some not at all. The problem with daily weighing is that it will highlight the daily fluctuations which leads to frustration because you think you are failing. My weight loss chart looks like a mountain range! ๐Ÿ™‚

I think the reasoning behind daily weighing is that of providing discipline, to keep you focussed on the path of BSD-ness. I have noticed in quite a few posts people mentioning that in the day before their weekly weigh-in they are “extra good” – personally, I don’t think that makes a blind bit of difference, but if people believe it helps…
    If weighing daily, then I find it helps to pick out your weight on every 7th day – hopefully you will see a nice decline.

Be patient – not everyone is a rapid loser. Last year, when I was in the full swing of things, my average weekly weight loss was just over 1lb a week. But the point is, it came off.
    Good luck.

• posted by Wizbit89
    on

Thank you both ๐Ÿ™‚

I think I have failed so much in the past and when I told my OH about this he said to me “oh another diet” so I feel a lot of pressure to prove him wrong. I was so ridiculously happy with the initial 2lb I think it was a bit of a smack in the teeth to now be heavier then when I started on Saturday.
    I am going to stick with it and be careful on cals and carbs. So far I have had no carbs apart from veg and no sugar and yesterday I felt terrible, feeling a bit better today, but hungry so going to swap lunch out to a ploughman’s so I have some cheese etc for the fats and dairy

Hoping I am not pushing myself over with coffee as I cant stand it black but will keep you posted x

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

I weigh every day but actually use a seven day average which can iron out the wrinkles, if somewhat dampening the drops.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like you have a plan going forward, Wizbit89. You can expect to feel a bit cr+ppy in the first week, some people even report flu like symptoms. This is your body adjusting to the withdrawal of carbs and will pass. The population of the forum are proof this way of eating succeeds. Don’t think of it as a diet, but rather a healthy lifestyle change, which will adjust your weight.

Keep us posted on your progress and shout if you need anymore support, we’re all here to help each other along.

• posted by topcac
    on

These suggestions are great – I weigh once a week now as I am maintaining but did weigh every other day (sometimes daily if I was feeling a little out of control). However, was very strict with myself and only logged my weight once a week which was my only ‘official’ weigh in. My weight did fluctuate day to day, depending on the volume of food I’d had the night before and when I’d eaten it, how much water I’d drunk, what part of my ‘cycle’ I was in (sorry lads) how much exercise I’d done. I hit my target on 21 December but, ‘officially’, not until 9th January – imagine!!!

It does work and it will work for you (the carb flu you are experiencing is evidence of that) but you will have to take the rough with the smooth – I’m sure that, after a week, your body will have given up the water, and probably a bit of fat too. If all else fails – drink more water, like it’s your second job ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Wizbit89
    on

I cant pretend I am surprised by the carb / sugar flu , my diet was so bad and I was really reliant on carbs, something I am finding with how much I am having to think “out of the box” for alternatives!
    out for lunch with a colleague today and instead of the usual plate of deep fried grease and bread I would normally get through I had a chicken cesar and really enjoyed it ๐Ÿ™‚ so not going to let myself down x

• posted by Wizbit89
    on

SCALES HAVE MOVED BACK DOWN!!!!!

-3 since Saturday yaaay

x

• posted by Inka13
    on

๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by topcac
    on

WOO HOO!!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Way to go!! Keep at it and let us know where you are at the next weekly weigh-in, I’m sure it will be good news!

• posted by Wizbit89
    on

So first proper weigh in is tomorrow! But so far 4lb down!
    Had my first moment of feeling like I was going to pass out and had to eat at work this morning, grabbed the only thing which ingredients looks sort of safe which was some veg crisps! literally veg and oil but it was root veg so not as good as I had hoped for.
    Ate them and feel a ridiculous amount better but then looked at the dietary info and crazy amount of carb and sugar! I am gutted but my first slip up in a week so not going to be too hard on myself! Aiming rest of day on plan and to try and still finish on 800 cals!

wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed I don’t now have a 3lb gain ๐Ÿ™ x

• posted by Rhi1990
    on

I’m sure it won’t be too bad wizbit, remember there are going to be times when you can’t be perfect!

I started the diet on Monday so am 5 days in, this is the first day I haven’t been ravenously hungry, all day long. Fingers crossed this is how it stays.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Don’t panic wizbiz, I’m sure it is going to be okay. We are in this for the long haul, so there will be days over and days under the 800 – it will all balance out in the end. Just make sure to keep on track in the days to come. Looking forward to reading you weigh-in results.

Rhi1990 – you are probably through the worst hunger-pang-wise. Remember to include fat in your meals, to help you feel sated and to stay feeling full for longer.

Good luck on weekly weigh-in day everyone!

• posted by Wizbit89
    on

So really chuffed, Day 7 was on Saturday and 5lb off! I stayed on plan Saturday but Sunday was a little bit messy. Was down 6lb by Sunday but ended up on an impromptu day and evening out with the OH a few naughty cookies and dinner (although a good choice) . weighed this morning and seems to only be 1lb back on so fingers crossed it will stay that way!…
    One day with some sugar and minimal carbs though and getting out of bed was horrific this morning so lethargic! lesion learnt
    xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.