Starting May 6 Australia

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jacquerina
    on

Hello Everybody,

Starting May 6. Anybody starting this time and wants to compare notes? I have 10 weeks on BSD and would like to lose as much as I can on 800 calories a day and 10,000 steps. Big ask for me as I am a sedentary professional. My favourite pastime, now children are grown and left home, is to watch TV, or read, on couch with a packet of Tim Tams (Ozzy Choc biscuits).
    I’ve stocked up on vegetables, Chicken, Chilli and Lemons and chucked out the biscuits. My starting weight is 95 kilos. Aiming for 75 and then will try and lose a further 5 on the 5-2 diet.

Have an ace week everybody!!!!
    Jacquerina

• posted by Cafh23
    on

Hi Jacquerina

I am starting this today too and so happy to compare notes if you would like to? I am trying not to think about the weeks ahead but one day at a time. I have done breakfast and lunch and am planning dinner for tonight.

I have a really hectic job and find myself staying in different hotels all of the time with an allowance to eat but not very healthy meals. This I think will be my biggest challenge and so I will have to do a lot of planning.

I have both of the recipe books for the diet and I think they are great, my particular favourite is the stir-fry chicken with lime and coconut milk which I might have for dinner.

My starting weight is 98 kilos and I would like eventually to get down to 69 but as I said one day at a time for me 🙂

• posted by Jacquerina
    on

Me too re hotels and allowance. Heading to Hotel for work in two days and I have been thinking about what to do. I reckon diet shakes for some meal replacements – and BSD book says this is OK if you need to replace meals or frozen calorie controlled that can be heated in a Microwave. I just think I need to know exactly how many calories and what I’m eating otherwise tendency is for me to eat everything and drink wine too. Ask for boiled egg/s for breakfast? then shakes if you can or salad and grilled chicken? I’ve been researching best protein shakes online and there are a few. Im going to buy some tomorrow for next conference. And avoid lunch buffets/sandwiches and all that – my job means catering is always offering morning, lunch and afternoon tea, plus dinner when on business travel. Good luck!! I think we have a similar amount to lose and know we will feel heaps better when it’s gone.
    Great to hear from you.

• posted by Lornamac
    on

hi Jacqerina
    I’m up in Darwin. I don’t actually have that much to lose but all my life have gone for sugar/carbs. I did 3 weeks in Feb, felt great and went to Vietnam in March which was ok with small meals and walking. Since home have slipped again. Planning to do BSD strictly until end of month. Good luck

Please log in or register to post a reply.