So Angry

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lemu
    on

I feel so angry that for years we’ve been told that a low fat diet is best and for diabetes the advice has been to eat carbs. I won’t go into rant mode although I feel like it, instead I’ll put my energy into trying to reverse my diabetes. This is day 3 of the rest of my life, 3lb lost ( yes I know it’s probably fluid but it’s still motivating) sugar level down by 0.6 and this is all from just cutting out carbs.
    I’ve been a yo yo dieter for 40 years but no more, I need to lose 5 stone 8 lbs ( I can’t believe I’ve gone into print with that!) I can’t pussyfoot around any longer. I don’t want to have an unhealthy old age so as this is something within my power I’m going for it. Wish me luck.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Agree with you. Time for us to start a diabetic revolution! If the powers that be can’t help us then we must resort to DIY!

• posted by Pam1954
    on

It doesn’t look like the powers that be are going to help us. I have noticed a change, though. At one time my doctor or practice nurse would pooh-pooh anything other than the low-fat, high-carb diet, but not anymore. I told the nurse this week that I was on the BSD and she immediately offered a full blood test and asked if I found the BSD better than the 5:2. Things are slowly changing.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Lemu. I’m 65 and been on and off duets since I was 11.

I started the BSD on 19th December with between 6 and 6.5 stones to lose. I have completed 16 weeks on BSD and have lost just over 3 stone to date.

You’ve made a great start. Keep posting to let us know your progress.

• posted by Trees
    on

Hi lemu
    You are about to start on a exciting 8weeks.
    I stumbled upon BSD book while I was waiting for my husband to come out of a meeting and I took refuge in a library to warm up and have a sit down and as I walked in it was on display by the door. I found a chair and read it for an hour and it just made so much sence — on the way home I found a copy of the book in sainsburys and it was the best £2.45 I have ever spent.
    I’m on week 13 and have lost 3 stone 4lbs and have about another 2 1/2 stone to go — but after years of yo yo dieting I now feel I understand food for the first time— I am now in control of my food not the other way round.
    Keep posting your progress.

• posted by Lemu
    on

That’s fantastic captainlynne, keep up the great work. Your achievements are very motivating.

Please log in or register to post a reply.