Snacks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by mammaK
    on

Im allergic to peanuts but find I can have some seeds and noticed a packet of Suma Roasted Spicy Chickpeas

Nutritional Values:

Typical composition per 100g
    ….energy kJ………………… 1933 kJ
    ….energy kCal…………….. 462 kCal
    ….protein…………………….. 20.60g
    ….carbohydrates………… 58.10g
    ……..of which sugars….. 3.00g
    ….fat…………………………….. 14.40g
    ……..of which saturates. 1.40g
    ….fibre…………………………. 8.80g
    ….sodium…………………….. 0.532g
    ….salt…………………………… 1.33g

small handful suitable as a snack or added to a salad for crunch or not??

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi MammaK
    they are quite high carb, not so bad on calories – how much would a small handful weigh?

How are you with nuts other than peanuts?
    By contrast, Brazil nuts are higher in calories; 700, but lots fewer Carbs, 2.9g for 100g – just steer clear of the ones covered in chocolate 🙂

I have chickpeas occasionally, but as part of a meal

• posted by shalimar
    on

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/suma-spiced-roast-chick-peas-205495497?v2=false

i just googled it ….. because i don’t understand the content of kJ etc.

It seems from myfitnesspal.com …. you have 340 calories and 56 g. of total carbs for 100 grams serving. and 24 grams of dietary fibre.

If you are having 100 grams that’s likely too much especially for just a snack.

Chickpeas are a healthy carb …. but still high calorie.

Just my opinion.

• posted by mammaK
    on

i thought they seemed high. cant have any nuts really, oh well. sometime you just want a salty crunch!

• posted by shalimar
    on

I looked up roasted salted sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds … and they’re pretty caloric and carby too. I found some very low calorie, low carb, salty seaweed products … you might try looking for that. Alas the store i bought them at doesn’t have them anymore. The garlic flavored ones were good … the other flavor tasted like sardines in oil … but i like sardines in oil! …. they were salty and strange but quite addictive for like 5 calories per sheet … they crunched and then melted like cotton candy in the mouth!!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Itsu seaweed thins, I have some! Waitrose had three flavours if I remember correctly, and my favourites were wasabi. They were nice crumbled into soup as well. I am not eating them while on 800 days, but used to regularly have a pack on my higher calorie days. I have also started nibbling Dulse seaweed, which is much more chewy but nicely salty.

Please log in or register to post a reply.