Smoothies…….good or bad?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by PhotoJacs
    on

Just ordered my BSD and recipe books so I’m a newbie, but understand the basic principles. What is the view about smoothies in BSD?…I do like apple/pear and berry combinations mostly. Can see this diet is going to be great…..I know I’m addicted to sugar and my willpower will be tricky at weak moments so need to keep focussed and stay on the motivation wagon. Thank you BSD Buddies. Jx

• posted by Patsy
    on

There are some smoothie/drink recipes in the BSD book, so presumably they’re fine.

I’m avoiding them, because they wouldn’t feel like a meal to me, so I’d have them as well as, not instead of, something else.

• posted by RedRooster
    on

I’m avoiding them, they take all the goodness of eating fruit and turn it into a sugary drink that crams in a load of sugar and will lead to spikes (in my case) – I am in particular thinking of the shop brought ones that also contain lots of tropical fruits. Not saying there aren’t some that are ok but I believe you’re always better of eating fruit in its normal form

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I make my smoothies with spinach and berry fruits, almond milk or yoghurt. As long as it is all whizzed together it is okay, the problems are when you get juicers that take all the pulp goodness out and just leave you with pure juice. Spinach smoothie with green tea and blueberries and yoghurt is fab. Did I just use that word, must think I am back in the 60’s.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

It sounds groovy!

Please log in or register to post a reply.