Skinless chicken?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by readytochange
    on

Having just started the BSD after following slimming world I just need to check if you still remove chicken skin. I’m using my fitness pal to log calories at but wasn’t too sure about this. Any advice would be gratefully received.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It depends on if you like chicken skin and if you have enough allowance left in your calorie allowance for the day. As long a the extra calories are accounted for, go ahead – and the extra fat will help you to feel fuller for longer.

I’m guessing you are going to come across a lot of anomalies like this, as the BSD is a completely different mindset – fats good, carbs bad. So, instead of rejecting foods on fat content, you’ll now need to avoid those that read high in carbs instead.

Use the forum for advise and support and to search for particular topics, use the search box in the top right corner. Hope things go well for you and you will soon be reporting great results. Good luck.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Just a little nice crunchy skin will do no harm but take care with the calories and some fats are better than others, like olive oil vs chicken skin.

Please log in or register to post a reply.