Simple food plan following the BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by leeha
    on

Does anybody know if there is a simple food list to use when following the BSD.
    and when following this list, we get the necessary nutrients etc
    I think the menus in the book are too complicated.
    I would very much like a simple list to create our own daily simple meals.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I don’t follow the recipes in the book (although I do have a copy now, and may try a few of those that have been particularly highly recommended) all you need to do in essence is cut out any sugar other than that in a limited amount of fruit and vegetables and full fat dairy, cut out all of the ‘white stuff’ which is white rice, pasta, potatoes and bread, and also non wholemeal wheat flour for me. The only other thing you have to do is count everything. It has been relatively easy to make a small repertoire of familiar dishes over to the BSD style using my usual freestyle cooking technique. Cottage pie (with mashed cauli), chilli con carne and cauli or broccoli (or both) rice or mash, are just two of our regular meals that I BSDised and are now favourites of my OH as well as me.

• posted by Daisiesmum
    on

Hi leeha, I don’t follow the recipes in the book either. I tend to favour stir fries (in butter) as they are quick and easy. It took a short time to get used to thinking in terms of low carb high fat as opposed to low fat, but my goodness how much tastier everything is! Some people find low carb replacements for starchy things, I just go without.

In the colour section of 8 Week BSD diet book there is a picture entitled Blood Sugar Diet favourite ingredients, you might find it useful for reference.
    All the best to you!

• posted by leeha
    on

Thanks a lot for your help.
    I will try to put together my own simplified bsd.
    (Have to re-read my book ;-))

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Verano put together a list of foods and their carb rating, I have a print on my fridge of all the low carb and high carb veg. Look at http://www.thedietdoctor.com and search for low carb foods.

Please log in or register to post a reply.