Shopping list basics

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Yesterday I was told I will die soon unless I change my life.

I have mobility issues and due to problems
    In nhs I have gained weight over the years

I need to loose weight I friend is on a his diet and I’m trying it.. Have ordered my book but is there anything I need to get?? I already eat veg and lean meat

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Welcome! I wouldn’t get hung up on ingredients. Frozen veg often cheaper than fresh and no wastage. Ditto berries. Lidl and Aldi have many things at good prices. Main thing is to read these forums avidly as they will provide loads of support and there are additional recipes here too. Good luck and hope to be hearing great news from you soon. I have lost over 10 kg with the fast800 BSD and would have been more if I hadn’t had a few slips along the way. Have not been this weight for almost 10 years despite many attempts at losing weight.

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Thank you.

Just can’t wait for the book to arrive . I’m eat fairly good but I think I found my problem. I drink Pepsi max and ok no sugar but according to hospital it’s worse as apparently I’m drinking crack cocaine of the sugar world . I do like sweet stuff so hope there is something .

I really hope it works as 1 friend has lost a stone in 4 weeks!!!!! Other one is doing really well.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

I think you will find the sweet tooth lessens considerably after a week or so of the diet. Mine hasn’t disappeared but I now find Pepsi max too sweet and prefer fizzy water with lemon in it. Never thought I’d hear myself saying that 😃

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Did you get a withdrawal?? As I don’t know if I get dips of low sugar but I shake and shake badly… I was told it’s either low sugar or more likely going Cold turkey . Apart from Pepsi we eat veg and meat.

I have to change… So I have to do what ever it takes . I am nearly 29 stone!!

• posted by TrishaDawn
    on

Hi, diet soft drink addictions can be really hard to overcome. My vices were Coke Zero and diet tonic water. I tried to cut it out but always gave in after a day or two. What got me off it was a 7 week holiday where I just didn’t have access to a constant supply and as I was travelling a lot, I was grateful at times to be able to fill my water bottle from taps in public rest rooms. Something I never thought I’d be able to do.

Now I’ve learned to love water, and may allow myself a fizzy drink once every couple of weeks. I’m careful not to fall back into old habits. Sorry that you’re going to have to tough it out the hard way, but it can be done. I really enjoy my water now.

Good luck, this is the first diet I’ve been able to stick to for any length of time, and it does work even if you can’t do the exercise part. Just follow the diet and do what you can.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I used to drink lots of Diet Coke/Pepsi and Pepsi Max. Then less of that more of other sugar-free soft drinks.

While I was away last week the only sugar-free drink available was Diet Coke. I had one and that was ok. I had the second, that was ok. But the third made me feel ill. So the only alternative was water. I do prefer fizzy drinks to still ones, do now I’m drinking lots of sparkling water straight from the fridge.

Please log in or register to post a reply.