shopping list

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by lynadvictoria
    on

Hi all,
    i am in the process of getting ready to start the fast 800. I cannot find a shopping list anywhere, have bought the books , alas no shopping list. I also am a one person household and many of the recipes are for two or more.
    I just discovered the site where you pay $175.00 to get all sorts of support etc.
    is this site worth the money ?
    Does it actually give you shopping lists and recipes for one person ?
    Would love some further detailed information as to what the site actually provides. as i dont wish to continually keep spending money without getting the information i require to proceed.
    p.s i wonder if any of you live in South Gippsland as i would love a walking partner.

thank you
    regards
    Lynda

• posted by KKatie
    on

Hi Lynda,
    I think you need to choose which recipes you want to cook and then write your own shopping list. You’ve probably already got some of the ingredients in your cupboard. How would the book’s author know what you need to buy?!
    I wouldn’t pay extra for online support until you’ve tried and failed on your own.
    Maybe you could just eat half the meal and keep the other half in the freezer? Or use half the quantities in the recipes.

• posted by lynadvictoria
    on

Hi Katie,
    i am going to follow their recommend eating plan weekly so yes they would know what i am eating as its their plan .
    thanks for your response though, i do agree about the online support seems alot to pay when i have already purchased two of the books. have a great day .
    regards
    Lynda

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Or tried and succeeded on your own – lets be positive about this – everyone on this site are doing without the paid support because we give each other excellent support. I could tell you what is on my shopping list but you might not like the same things. As Lynda says, look at the recipes, decide what you are going to eat and shop accordingly. For me it is courgettes, mushrooms, red peppers, chicken breasts (not pre-cooked or processed meat), lean mince, occasional pork chop or steak, Greek full fat yoghurts, full fat crème fraiche are always on my list. Not to forget lots of other great veg like celeriac, aubergine, cauliflower, leeks and so on.

• posted by KKatie
    on

Sunshine, I’m not being negative; if she tries and succeeds on her own she won’t need to pay someone else $175 to write her shopping list, will she? Win win.

• posted by Tululah
    on

lynadvictoria what do you eat at present? What kind of meals do you normally make if any?

Do you make spagetti bolgnaisse?
    Do yoy make a sunday roast?
    Do you eat steak?
    Do you use a slow cooker? Pulled pork/whole chicken/slow cooked beef brisket
    Do you eat fish? Fry in a pan with butter and have with salad and veg.
    eggs, bacon, avocado?
    omlette?
    buy low carb bread if you think it will help.
    buy ready made courgette noodles
    Can you buy ready made salads from supermarket and add things like a tin of tuna and throw in some feta, I do this at work.
    bit if dark choclate

Keep it as simple as you can!! For dinners, add in cauliflower rice in place of normal rice or frozen veg packs like broccoli & cauli. You dont have to become a chef to do this. Lots of the recipies in the book are way over complicated for my tastes. Im not sure if you have lots of time to cook but I dont always. Take what you already know and try and adapt that. Plan 3 days of food, make double and eat the same the following 3 days. Make another couple of things on day 3 for the following week and freeze…and so on…
    Does that make sense?
    Keep it simple!
    Good luck chick, Tullulah xxx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Lynda, two suggestions….. make double/ triple portions and freeze. Also the dietdoctor website has recipes that you can change for 1,2,3 or as many portions as you want.
    Enjoy the journey!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Katie, just seemed you were saying if you try and fail. We dont expect her to fail, do we?

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

As well as Dietdoctor, there is the CafeDelite low carb recipe site which i think SunnyB flagged, at least to me, months ago. Lots of lovely suggestions. Oven roasting broccoli or sprouts; pan frying sprouts or sweetheart cabbage (with lardons and cream, touch of mustard!) or oven roasting cauliflower florets, just lightly tossed in olive or rapeseed oil, bit of ground cumin and turmeric. They are all so easy and delicious. Celeriac mash is to my mind better than potato . I cook for one, most recipes do for lovely suppers for 2/3 nights, because they are so delish; there is no hardship in eating for consecutive suppers. All best!

• posted by KKatie
    on

Sunshine – of course I don’t expect or wish anyone to fail. But if she does then it might be worth considering paying money to try something different.

Please log in or register to post a reply.