Shocked myself

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by oceano80
    on

Hi i would like to start and say I havent got diabetes but after reading the book I thought i had better start doing something now to look after myself. when i measured my waist and it said 39 inches i was shocked I didnt think it was that bad. Plus feeling tired most of the time plus being in my late 40’s if I dont help myself then who will. Good luck to everyone doing this plan.

• posted by Melanie
    on

Hi there,
    46″ when i measured on day 1 – so too scared to see a doctor but suspect I am prediabetic at least.
    I lost 2 inches very quickly but have slowed – dont let that put you off. I have had a week off and have been quite sedentary and lapsed a couple of times….but I have made some juices and soup to start me back on track. Watch this space & good luck!!

• posted by oceano80
    on

Your doing the right thing by following the plan. Most people are too scared to see a doctor and to be honest. We have just been told the wrong health info for so long its hard to re educate ourselves.

• posted by Melanie
    on

I completely agree. I have turned a little evangelical about the book (boring my friends and family silly) which is i am sure not quite the reaction Michael wants. They are hugely supportive but a little cynical and do argue with the science – latest eye brow raised was about weighing myself daily. I have been stuck on same weight for a week so it is a bit disappointing but I am sure my hectic working week will start things off again.

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

I always weigh myself every day. It’s taught me that sometimes my weight goes up or down a pound or two unexpectedly (fluid loss/retention/loo etc) and that it’s quite natural and nothing to worry about.
    If you only weigh yourself once a week, then that weigh-in assumes undue importance, and can cause both undue optimism or despair.

• posted by Shrinkydinkyman
    on

I weigh myself every morning before breakfast and find that seeing positive results spurs me on knowing I am on track and doing the right things. If I do have a plateau where I don’t lose I can make adjustments that day to get back to loosing weight, butci don’t beat myself up about it.
    The meals I am having are delicious and don’t leave me feeling hungry in between.
    The only thing that does bother me is the increased urinating. I find it worse after lunch as I generally have veg soup as well as lots of water. Luckily I work close to the loo. But sometimes I do have to rush to go. I know the book say’s your urine output will increase, but this does bother me. I know about dehydration, so as soon as I see my urine changing from straw coloured to darker yellow i increase my fluids.
    Interested in others experience.

• posted by Shrinkydinkyman
    on

I weigh myself every morning before breakfast and find that seeing positive results spurs me on knowing I am on track and doing the right things. If I do have a plateau where I don’t lose I can make adjustments that day to get back to loosing weight, but i don’t beat myself up about it.
    The meals I am having are delicious and don’t leave me feeling hungry in between.
    The only thing that does bother me is the increased urinating. I find it worse after lunch as I generally have veg soup as well as lots of water. Luckily I work close to the loo. But sometimes I do have to rush to go. I know the book say’s your urine output will increase, but this does bother me. I know about dehydration, so as soon as I see my urine changing from straw coloured to darker yellow i increase my fluids.
    Interested in others experience.

• posted by AnnaJennings
    on

I also weigh each day before breakfast, it gives me an indicator of whether the current plan is working or if I need to adjust things slightly. Maybe more excercise, or stick to the lower calories meals for a day ? I think I would go off track if I weighed once a week as we were always advised to !

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Stringbreaker
    I totally agree. I weigh myself every day and waist measure.
    What’s the theory behind the sacredness of only weighing once a week? For me it makes the disappointment much worse. With daily weighing you know what’s going on.
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Shrinky
    I had the opposite experience, which is even more alarming, drinking litres of water but not seeming to urinate more! So I got some herb tea that is diuretic- hawthorn tea- now I’m ok.
    Must be very inconvenient for you if you have to rush like that but maybe it’ll settle down?
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Melanie
    Interesting that people argue with the science- it seems cast iron to me!
    Penny

Please log in or register to post a reply.