Road Trip From Easter to Summer 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Well done Jennie! 😁😁 You are almost there! You’ll soon be back in your exercise routine.
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Thanks Kazzee – and also, I was dashing before but wanted to say what a great NSV being able to bend over further when drying your hair. That made me smile.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi Jennie wow that is amazing hun. I can’t believe I haven’t posted here in a while😳. I am below 15stone now and I was able to wear a dress to the ball and feel amazing! Even though it was not the one I really wanted to wear. I seriously think that the sizing is wrong as all my other 18’s are big on me! My next target is to try and get to 13 stone by the the 12th of August. This is a total discard of 12lbs! A bit big I know but like you say a brand new unsullied month and have 6 weeks so it is doable if I can discard 2lbs a week. Fingers crossed. Jennie don’t worry about your gym and classes as I haven’t even started going yet🤣. I keep saying I am going to take up swimming and Pilates but I have done nothing! I have also been on shorter walks with my dogs so I know has made me stall a little as I am not getting my step count up! This is changing from today.! I have two dog walks to do today.💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Kazzee that is great news too. I loved your comment about your besties OH on the other thread! Men can be a bit grrrr sometimes and he can keep his sugar fixes as you will have the last laugh when he goes from round to ballon😉🤗❤️💞🦜

• posted by KazzUK
    on

LOL, thanks Jennie, Birdy! Yep, I’ll have last laugh. Having said that, I do worry about his BGLs. His whole family and sis in law and her partner, are totally and utterly reliant on him. And he’s 64 now. He’s cook, sorter outer and taxi service as no one else drivers. Scary!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Birdy, I’m so pleased you felt amazing at the Ball, and just think how fantastic you’ll feel when you do wear the dress you really want to wear. It’s making me happy just thinking about it! Woohoo! And as for the weight discard, can she do it, yes she can!
    Jennie xx

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

HI Jennie, Birdy, Kazz and everyone else on here.

Well done Jennie! That’s inspiring. We have the same target weight and date so heres’s hoping! My weight is zigging around at the moment but I got down into the 135s over the weekend then up in the 137s again today. I know my 133 target by July 12th is unlikely – given the length of time it has taken me to get this far – but one can still hope!

Good luck to everyone else still on this thread and here’s hoping for some more losses and NSVs as we approach the finishing line for this road trip X

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Thanks DCT – that goal is so tantalisingly close isn’t it and yet it always seems to takes so long to lose those last few pounds. You’re going to get to that target soon, and to be honest, at 135 or 137 you really are already a winner xx

Have a good day everyone. I’m really trying hard to get back into my exercise/activity routine so I’m off for another walk.

Jennie xx

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi Birdy, Jennie, Kazz, Cathy, DCT and all,
    I haven’t posted for a while but feel inspired again by some of your latest posts.
    Birdy well done on being able to wear a lovely gown to the ball and for getting under 15 stone. I was just under 16.5 stone at my heaviest pre BSD and managed to get down to about 14.5 stone in 2017, but my weight has been creeping up again, especially in recent months and I’m now over 15 stone again. It’s my birthday in just under 3 months so I’m determined to get back to 14.5 stone by then.
    I bought the new Fast 800 recipe book last week and am looking forward to trying some of the meals. It seems to be more lenient/relaxed than BSD as you can have the odd banana/apple/slice of bread with meals. I’m a sucker for recipe books and love trying new things so I’m hoping the book will inspire me over the next few months.
    Today I had an old favourite from the original 8 week BSD book for lunch, the no carb ploughman’s lunch, together with a cup of veggie soup. I had some apple and cinammon porridge for breakfast, another old favourite.
    I’m very envious of those of you who are in the 133-137 pound range – at this stage i would be ecstatic to get under 200!
    This certainly hasn’t been a successful road trip for me, but never mind I know I have the tools and the experience to continue the trip 🙂

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Jennie thank you for your lovely comments, you did make my heart glow ❤️💜. I am in a very weird place carb wise after the weekend! I have been craving them badly but I haven’t had any! I WILL get my body back to not craving them again. You are doing well too and I hope you enjoy all your extra walking. Birdy 💞🦜

on

Hi SueBlue great to see you back on here. I see you’ve also joined the Judicious July thread as have I: if I don’t get to target by the end of this road trip then am really hoping to hit the end of this month!

Your meals sound wonderful and I’m glad you’re heading in the right direction again. Even though you feel this road trip has not been successful, the very fact that you are back with a renewed determination shows that it has achieved a good result. I do hope that you are fully recovered now from your shoulder injury and that everything else has settled down too? Good luck on your reboot.

Hope everyone else is having a good week? Are you still resisting those carbs Birdy? And how is the exercise coming on Jennie? Am looking forward to getting into a better routine once I finish work next week. Cathy hope things are going well for you?

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Birdy, I remember doing something similar to your carb breakout one weekend fairly early on and within hours my fingers started aching really badly. They were really painful for quite a while and I felt rubbish. The positive for me was it made me realise how the low carb/BSD had stopped my hands from aching so much. I very rarely get any aches nowadays. I’m guessing it’s the reduced inflammation, but whatever it is I’m really grateful for it. Hope this weekend is going better for you and the tonsillitis is on the way out.

SueBlue and DCT – I’ve also joined the Judicious July thread so I’ll look out for you over there xx

DCT – my exercise has gone well so far this week after making it my challenge on Verano’s thread, although I’m still having trouble in the Pilates class (was there this morning) as I still can’t hear the instructor – not helpful. Need to re-think. Hope you go well this week. Like you say if you don’t reach your target by the end of the road trip, there’s still the rest of July. Best wishes for leaving work this week, always a bit of a funny time I think.

SueBlue – I hope those recipe books are inspiring you. I like recipe books too, and TV cookery shows. I used to be one of those statistics – people who watch the shows but don’t cook! – yet another area of my life I’m trying to change!. Btw, I think we might share the same star sign as my birthday is coming up in just under 3 months, too. xx

Hope everyone else is doing well. Have a good weekend all.
    Jennie xx

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

DCT- just wanted to wish you well for your last working day on Friday this week. I hope they give you a wonderful send off at work and you enjoy skipping out of work- a new lighter you! Fantastic work and commitment! So happy for you!

I know that this thread finishes this week and I personally did not achieve what I wanted to but I am still trying and my goal is to be back at my target weight for my second BSD anniversary in November. I think I will always be plodding! I had a further set back with my health over the last couple of weeks and also a bereavement to deal with so my focus shifted from being 100% BSD. I got the “life’s too short” attitude but now I am feeling better about things again and so will be back to full BSD mindset!

It has been lovely sharing our journey together and I hope to share the rest of my journey with you all on another thread.

Hope everyone on this thread is doing well. My new goal = I am DETERMINED to be 133 lbs by November 1st.
    Lots of work to pull things back and clothes are getting tight so prompt action required!

My black funeral dress which is needed next week is skin tight- eeek! Might do a 42 hour fast over the weekend!

Keep plodding!

on

Hi Cathy – lovely to hear from you. I’m so sorry to hear about your health issues and bereavement though, and am sending you hugs and good vibes. I hope that you are getting the treatment that you need and will soon be feeling better. You’re right – sometimes life intervenes and we can’t give BSD our full focus. But I reckon that even at those times we have the good habits so firmly in place that we still do most things right most of the time: and sometimes that just has to be enough.

Thanks for thinking of me as I leave work this week. I’m a teacher and my last day with the children is actually today, with a staff day tomorrow. I’ll also need to go in a few times over summer to tie up loose ends: so it will be a phasing out but today is the main ending I guess. There is a bit of a leaving do after work today as four of us are going. Sadly I’m not at 133lb yet, which was my goal for this road trip. I got as far as 135 a couple of weeks ago but now back at 137 again. So I will be continuing and yes, hope to see you on another thread. I’m currently on Judicious July but haven’t contributed much as I’ve been too busy, so hopefully that will all change after this week! It’s a very busy thread though, so if anyone is interested in yet another road trip thread I’d be happy to join that too!

Best wishes to everyone and hope we are all nearing our goals whatever life throws our way X

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone – I was away for a few days last week – well, got back Friday evening. I forgot about the end date of the Road Trip, so I’m reporting in now.

I’m now 9st 6lbs so I’ve reached my weight target for this road trip. I’m now in the healthy BMI range at 5ft 3ins, (although a lot of the calculators say I should go lower – one said 8st the other day – no way, Jose) I might try to get to 9st again at some point.
    But at the moment I want to focus on my lifestyle, building up my exercise routine again, and maybe trying to build in some regular fasting. I reckon that’ll be a challenge.

Cathy – I’m also sorry to hear about your bereavement and health issues. Hope the funeral goes as well as these things can go and that your health issues are manageable. Your 2 year BSD anniversary target in November is a lovely time to aim for – it’s also a nice length of time. I know for me sometimes having a too close target date can send me into an unsustainable eating style.

DCT – hope you’re managing to wind down a bit after last week and have a good rest over the next few weeks. xx

Birdy, SueBlue, Kazz and everyone else – hope you’re all going well. I’ll see you all on other threads, I’m sure.

Best wishes
    Jennie xx
    DCT – another road trip is tempting, but I’m thinking after Judicious July I might just float for a while, but good luck to everyone if you do decide to go for one.

on

Hi Jennie and we’ll done for achieving your goal! That’s fantastic news and very inspiring.

I know what you mean though about “is it enough”? Although I’m gradually (very gradually!!) approaching my long term goal, I still suspect there is a bit more belly fat in particular that may not miraculously disappear even when I do finally manage to shed these last few pounds.

So, like you, I want to focus on exercise and building up body strength, and see where we go from there. I feel that although I have maintained reasonably well weight-wise during this road trip, I have let myself go physically and now feel pretty unfit. So here’s hoping we can all get into new lifestyle and exercise routines that work for us wherever we’re at X

Please log in or register to post a reply.