Right for me?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by gerrystamp
    on

Hi all. Have followed Michael for years and always thought how much good sense he made. On the back of reading his book, I had a dexa scan done Jan 2016 and it was so bad they said they had to tell my GP! Now I’m a 5’2″ woman and I weigh 13 st 9llb – heaviest I have ever weighed (roughly same as young killer whale). I have decided to start the 5/2 diet tomorrow and think I might need to do this on line diet. I’ve also read a lot of Patrick Holford books and am torn between low GL or this diet. I did do the “dust” diet (4 pks of vlcd) 5 years ago and lost over 3 stone but I know the science behind just doesn’t stack up – this needs to be sustainable for me long term. I’ve recently given up drinking alcohol completely and this is the next massive challenge. Thank God I’m not diabetic but I will be if this carries on and I know I must have dangerous amounts of visceral fat. I’d love to chat to anyone who might be in the same position as me but everyone/anyone would be great!

Please log in or register to post a reply.