Reversing Type2

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Alisonhood
    on

Hi, looking for some advice, I have been to my GP and am in day 5 of BSD. Feeling ok and keen to see what the 8 weeks can do for me. Have arranged to have my bloods taken at 6.5 weeks but GP has advised that there maybe little change with my HB1ac? As this is the measure they use. Will be really disappointed after all this that there is no change!! Anyone able to advise? Since my diagnosis 2.5 yrs ago I have not eaten chocolate, cakes or sweets, this is my last ditch at reversing which I am desperate to do!!! I am just in the diabetic range, the nurses lowest 1% of patients, 1 met for in tablet twice a day, any advice greatfully received ! Thanks

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Alisonhood, I am assuming you are not also not eating any white carbs like potato, rice, pasta, bread and breakfast cereal. I am also assuming you are going to go for the BSD Fast 800. If you stick to the plan you should see some improvement even in only 6.5 weeks. When is started this my HbA1c was 8.4 and in 6 week was down to 6.9 so quite a difference. You have to be serious about this though, no white carbs and stick to the 800 calories and you will see results. If you are doing any other plans like 5:2 or the Med you will still get results but slower – it is good to give it a big push at the start and get the visceral fat moving. Good luck and let us know how it is going and, eventually, your results.

• posted by Alisonhood
    on

Hi, thanks Sunshine-girl, I can confirm I am doing BSD 800 and no potatoes, rice, pasta, bread – just porridge. HB1ac is currently 6.2. Fingers crossed !

• posted by Jenni from the Block
    on

Hi Alison, the reason you may not see a huge improvement if tested for an HbA1c at 6.5 weeks is that it measures 12-13 weeks of BGLs. There should be some improvement if following the BSD, but waiting to 12 weeks would be a truer indication. Best wishes.

• posted by Alisonhood
    on

Thanks Jenni, oh I do hope to see some change! I will be so disheartened if I don’t, plus I will be away for 2.5 weeks on hols after that so following the BSD will be really tough.

Please log in or register to post a reply.