Restarting the diet – for the last time!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Clare07866
    on

Happy New Year everyone. So over the last 6-7 years I’ve done diets lost weight, regained the weight. Last year I did 8 weeks of this way of eating and found it easy and manageable but then my old bad habits crept back in and here I am another new year weighing back where I started!

So this is me committing to not just 8 weeks but a change for life.

I am going to try and stick to the 800 calories until Easter which gives me 12 weeks to make a serious dent (hopefully) in the weight I need to lose. Then the plan is to stick with the general principals but without being too strict with the calorie counting.

Any help and support would be very welcome and I love reading everyone’s success stories as it really spurs me on. So get boasting about your success and help cheer me along, Thank you

• posted by Squidge
    on

Hi, Clare.

We’ve just started. Our plan is to stick with the Fast800 until we’re target weights and then experiment to see what we can eat and still maintain a healthy weight.

• posted by Clare07866
    on

Yes I think I will need to still lose more after 12 weeks but it will be a much more manageable amount of weight to lose. The maintaining bit is normally where I fall down, life long bad habits take a lot of changing!
    Good luck with your weight loss journey ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Claire07866 – the is a Reboot thread, populated by lots of folk who have gained, or want to lose a bit more, or who are new to the BSD. The one thing we all have in common, is we are looking to take on the BSD 800 seriously again and will be supporting each other along the way. Please join the thread and we will hopefully be able to help you get to where you want to be and maintain once there.

For info, there is also a maintenance thread – After reaching Target weight – which is very helpful when you are trying to get to grips with the next steps after weight loss.

Best of luck to you

• posted by Clare07866
    on

thanks SunnyB will take a look ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lizzibeth
    on

Hi Clare
    I could have written your first post! I’ve done this before, it worked! I know that this way of eating suits me and my body reacts well to it so I’m determined to get back on track. I was very distracted last year by health and work issues but now I’ve really got no excuses. I’m also looking to just focus on the next 12 weeks and see where I can get to for Easter, even though I’ll still have weight to lose after that. I also struggle with breaking life long bad habits and fending off the carb and sugar cravings. I’m starting tomorrow now I’ve got rid of (eaten or given away) the last of the Christmas goodies.

• posted by Clare07866
    on

yey glad to hear I’m not alone ๐Ÿ™‚ I managed yesterday quite well but I’m expecting the carb headache to kick in today. would like to lose around 30kg total but I don’t think I will manage this in the 12 weeks so will have to try and keep focused afterwards and keep pushing on. That’s the bit that I normally fail at but I’m going to keep pushing hard this year. hope day one goes well for you Lizzibeth.

Please log in or register to post a reply.