Replacement for mushrooms in recipes?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Claire41
    on

Good morning everyone,
    Today is day one for me. I’ve been looking at the recipes and see a lot include mushrooms. I like the rest of the recipe but would like to substitute the mushrooms for something else. Any ideas? Xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome Claire – Hope you have been having a good first BSD day. Re: the mushroom substitute, I would say that depends on which recipe and what else is in it, but perhaps something like aubergine, courgette or some other vegetable you like …. or maybe just leave out the mushroom element and slightly increase the other ingredients.

Hope we will see you on other threads on the forum, we are a friendly inclusive community and love to hear about other poster’s journeys and offer advice, support and congratulations, so please feel free to join any thread and be assure of a warm welcome. There will be a new weekly thread kicking off tomorrow – One Week at a Time …. 19th February. This one has newcomers and well established BSDers, so there is a wealth of knowledge and experience to draw on there.

Best wishes for BSD success …

• posted by 8WeeksOf800
    on

Hows about artichokes- tinned ones are great.

C

Please log in or register to post a reply.