Relapsed

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by linda53
    on

My first week I had five good days, I stuck to 800 cal and burnt about 1000 cal and lost 2 kilos.
    But last 2 days I have not logged my food, have eaten lots of chocolate and the wrong foods and no exercise.
    I don’t understand why I sabatage my progress and now feel like I have to start from the begining again and am not feeling positive that I will stick it out.

• posted by CAS
    on

Look at what you achieved in 5 days. Congratulations. Savour them. Now pick up from where you left. Everyone falls every now and then. The trick is to keep getting up and maintain your positiveness. Wish you the best. Keep in mind the end result.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hey Linda53 – I also had my bad moments. Lindor eggs, coffee cake, you name it, I’ve eaten it. But 8 weeks later I am over 10kg down. So stick in there and get right back on the wagon. If I can do it, anyone can. I have been overweight for years and years, and tried everything. Weight loss previously has been so slow that I have always ended up losing motivation. Even with bad days on this way of eating, I have successfully lost. Two bad days in 7 is still a high percentage of good days. And plenty enough to lose weight. And who is to say other weeks will be the same? You’ll get better at this, and you can do it. Just keep checking these forums.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hey Linda, you had a good few days and then the carb monster started fighting back.
    Carbs, especially sugar are addictive and chocolate contains chemicals that make you feel good.
    It sounds like the weekend has fallen as you were going through carb withdrawal, others report flu like symptoms, headaches etc.
    So you fell off the horse this weekend.
    Put it behind you, get back on, and enjoy the ride.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Don’t worry, Linda, we’ve all been there – it can happen because your body is trying to readjust to the new regime and it will try to fight back! Taming the “carb monster” (nice description, Bill1954) is probably a bit like training a horse – when you’ve been unseated, you have to saddle up and get back on track. And it may happen again but you’ll be able to deal with it.
    This weekend the wheels came off my wagon – a stressful Friday (self-inflicted, I left my car lights on overnight leading to a flat battery), and then a very busy Saturday. I felt quite woozy for a while on Saturday morning – whether my BP went up due to being stressed or it went down to having lost some weight I don’t know (trip to the surgery lined up for tomorrow morning to get my BP checked). But I devoured a whole big bag of salt & vinegar crisps, and a chocolate caramel egg – and I enjoyed them. But today I don’t feel the need anymore. For lunch I’m going to make myself a soup using some of veggies that need using up and go for a long walk afterwards.
    Take care & keep it up.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope you are seeing here, that we all stumble Linda. The secret is not to focus on beating yourself up for it, but on getting on with eating the right things again. I too messed up this w/e, as we ate out with friends – twice! My stumble included red wine, whisky and churros with espresso and caramel dipping sauce. Yes I am annoyed I didn’t exercise more self control, but to be fair it was my first transgression in almost three weeks, so I’m going to forgive myself and refocus, in the hope of seeing some good results this week.

Stick with it, you’ll get there!

• posted by linda53
    on

Thankyou for all of your replys it helps so much
    X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Loom forward to seeing your results at the end of the week. Good luck …

Please log in or register to post a reply.