Ready made meals or snacks?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Smudgie21
    on

Hi all. Hope you’re all well. I’m a few days in and so far so good but I wondered if anyone could recommend some supermarket bought ready meals/snacks/dips pls? Particularly meals and soups I’m after. I do read the labels but am looking for some inspiration pls? Sorry if this has been posted before, I did search ready meals but couldn’t see much… Thanks heaps. smudgie21 🙂

• posted by Smudgie21
    on

Be lovelynif anytime he has found a microwave/tinned meal that would be suitable for this diet, pls? Thx.

• posted by ww
    on

I like Dal Makhani and Punjabi Choley by Ashoka. I get them from Morrisons and Tesco. Often pour them over some steamed cauliflower for a quick meal or they are good on their own too.

• posted by GingerbreadMama
    on

Two easy options I’ve found are M&S chicken pakora (no batter coating, just lovely spices), served with salad (you could get an M&S salad for convenience) or quarter portion of crispy duck (most supermarkets do), throw away the pancakes and serve on mini gem or romaine lettuce leaves.

• posted by Smudgie21
    on

Brilliant. Thank you both. Particularly like the duck one. Thank you xx

• posted by Flash21
    on

I often get a cauliflower cheese to put in the oven and sometimes Asda/Sainsbury’s do a fajita ready meal with chicken and peppers and a seasoning and I have that but without the wraps. Although not ready meals as such, another easy thing to do (in probably the same time it would take to heat one up) is to get some prawns or chicken breast chunks (from the deli aisle) and warm them through in a frying pan with some oil and either simple herbs and spices, flavoured full fat soft cheese, or peanut butter (with a splash of milk or cream and some chilli to make a bit of sauce) and then serve with salad or cauli rice or courgetti etc. Very quick and easy!

• posted by Smudgie21
    on

That’s brilliant. Thank you! Ready cooked meat is such a good idea… think my brain has gone to mush after babies haha.

Please log in or register to post a reply.