Re-heated pasta

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Gerdmar
    on

I saw a program on medicine and health on Swedish television in which a colleague of Dr. Mosley together with a research did an experiment with pasta. It turned out that the pasta be cooled down and then warmed up again was very nyttigre than freshly cooked pasta. Is there anyone how much calories are in 100g re-heated pasta?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Gerdmar
    Not sure this helps, but I did a quick search about this and found this on the Diabeties UK website, with a quote from the Doctor who has been carrying out this research concerning the chilling of cooked pasta, potatoes etc.:
    Dr Robertson is keen to point out her work doesn’t mean we can all eat as many carbs as we like if they are cooked in this way. But these changes could help people to dramatically improve the health impact of carbs, just by the way they prepare everyday starchy foods. “We’ve never said that food with more resistant starch is lower in calories,” she says, “Because it’s not. There will be a small calorie difference because you’re getting less glucose, but it’s not a huge amount, so it’s not going to cure obesity.”

It seems that the benefit is for those who are not limiting carbs, but want to limit the impact on spiking blood sugar levels. Personally, I think the bottom line is, this is of no significance for those of us on the BSD, as we are avoiding carbs.

Please log in or register to post a reply.