Questions from a newbe

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ROSIEHA
    on

hello all.
    Well I started yesterday to eat 800C daily, as shown in MM book. Early days but not too bad so far. A couple of queries though that I wonder if anybody can help with please. I have about 21 llb that will take me to mid BMI ( I am one of those people who go scraggy faced if really thin, haha) and not pre or diabetic – but could be as I age, as I love the wrong foods.
    How do you know your target weight? Is it an individual thing?
    Linked to above, MM talks about fat draining from liver and pancreas. How do you know when this happens? ( sorry if I appear a bit thick)
    When I reach my target weight, how do you stay there? The book says perhaps 800 c one day a week or 5:2 or 6:1, but what do you eat the other days to bring your calorie intake up by probably 600 c a day, when you can’t eat bread pasta potatoes etc with your meals. I am confused a bit.
    Thank you for letting me ask the questions, which to you all have obvious answers.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hello Rosieha, good questions. Your ideal weight is what you want to be according to your height and frame and possibly BMI but it is a bit iffy. You will find charts for ideal weight charts just from googling and they usuallly give a range. E.g. for me, I am 4’11” and small frame, according to the books I should be between 6 st 9lbs and 8st 7lbs. Never in this world would I ever be 6,9 and I once hit 8,7 when I was about 19. I know what I look like and for me 9 stone is about right. Have a goal in mind but if it is a big one, don’t get overwhelmed, plan for mini goals (there is a thread on this). You say you want to lose 21lb to take you to a mid BMI, just see how it goes. As for how you look, I know I will be a bit scraggy at a lower weight but I am diabetic and I know the alternatives, I’m 63 and would love a chin lift but just have to live with it.

Jumping the gun a bit, but on the subject of what to eat when you are on maintenance, check out captainlynne and igorasusual, I think they are both on maintenance. My plan is to go Mediterannean, not worry too much about the calories, keeping an eye on weight, but stick to the low carb principle which keeps my diabetes in check. If you go 5:2, on the 5 days, again I would say Mediterannean. For me, with another 10kg to lose, it is a bit too far away to thinks about.

Please log in or register to post a reply.