question from newbie re Asda cauliflower cheese (Frozen)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by barby
    on

I am trying to make this work as a vegetarian, who doesn’t like too much cooking. I will be doing cooking but also am trying to find some ready meals such as a veggie burger, to have with loads of low carb veg. I am pre diabetic and have a lot of weight to lose.

Can anyone please tell me, is the Asda frozen cauliflower cheese OK to have? Apparently one fifth of the packet is :
    Energy (6%) 511kJ 123kcal Fat (10%) 6.9g Saturates (21%) 4.2g Sugar(6%) 5.2%

Thanks for any help.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi barby and welcome. There are a few vegetarians on the forum who could best advise options for you and hopefully one of them will pick up on your enquiry.

Just had a quick look online at the overall carbs for the produce you mentioned, which are 14g for half a pack, which I think is quite high, but it really depends what else is on you menu for the day and what level of daily carbs you are aiming for overall.

Sorry not to be more helpful, but could I suggest you jump on the weekly thread with your enquiry, as it’s more likely our usual veggie folks will find it and respond.

All best wishes for achieving your goals.

Please log in or register to post a reply.