Question for People Using Fitbit/Myfitnesspal

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sobbingfrickle
    on

Hi there

I was just wondering about calories gained from steps/exercise etc that show up in Myfitnesspal because I am using that to log my calories.

Yesterday for example Myfitnesspal gave me 239 calories earned in exercise. I’ve always been skepitical of the amount I earn and how much I additionally I should then eat to compensate. But mind you my weight is obviously very accurate and my HR is monitored 24hrs per day. I thought best not to bother at all whilst doing this because there is nothing in the book about earning calories etc like on other plans (WW etc) but I am just worried if this week for example with what I’ve earned making my average intake per day 600cal that could potentially SLOW DOWN the weight loss, argh.

Any advice?

• posted by Theodora
    on

Sorry to disappoint you but the calories earned are simply what you are using in your daily activities over and above your BMR, so no, definitely don’t compensate by eating extra or you will slow down your weight loss.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

On this plan you cannot count calories burnt onto the daily allowance, it is 800 calories. Adding exercise will not stop you from losing weight. Other plans like WW do not understand the science behind this diet and, along with SW, still advocate eating lots of carbs so it is a totally different system and not to be compared with BSD. You have no profile so I dont know if you are diabetic, the zero carb and extra low calories option are of particular importance in lowering blood glucose.

• posted by sobbingfrickle
    on

Yes.

I thought this would be the answer!
    I’m not diabetic no.
    I think I will turn off the MFP/Fitbit link so my calories remain at the 800 or so I am eating.
    I enjoy looking at my little charts as a bit of an achievement (haha) and would prefer if they were accurate for the plan I’m following.

Thanks again for the advice!

Please log in or register to post a reply.