Quaker Oats so Simple

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tracy McD
    on

I love the sachets of original Oats so Simple for breakfast. However, I’m not sure if I can still have them on this diet. Are these classed as instant oats? Only ingredients according to packaging are Wholegrain rolled oats and Soya Lecithin. Can someone please help? Thank you in advance.

• posted by Keid
    on

For me oats are too carby, I try to stick to 30-40g total carbs for the day. Those oats are 15g carbs without milk added and 24g with (+8g sugar) so for me they are not ok. But it really depends how strict you’re being, if you are doing this to control blood sugar you could check and see if they have a big effect by testing after eating them.

• posted by Tracy McD
    on

Thank you Keid. Just started the blood sugar diet yesterday on the 800 calories per day. I will give the Oats so Simple a wide berth as I am trying to be strict.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Think you are wise to steer clear of the Oats so Simple, Tracy McD. Some people use steel cut oats, as they are the least processed and still have their bran, which you could cook with water or a nut milk so that you aren’t adding in too many extra carbs. For me they are still too high in carbs, as are cereals in general. Start thinking eggs, yogurt etc. for breakfast perhaps?

• posted by Tracy McD
    on

Thank you SunnyB. Have been having eggs for breakfast last couple of days. Full Fat Greek style yoghurt and berries for tomorrow. The science behind this diet really makes you scrutinise everything you put in your mouth. Always thought plain oats were healthy.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Now you’re on track, Tracy McD, we’ll look forward to reading positive results from you soon.

Please log in or register to post a reply.