Protein Powder for vegetarian to boost protein intake which one?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by barby
    on

I am just about to have another go at this. It did work before for a few months, but I struggled to have enough protein, and gave up . I eat no meat or fish, but do have eggs, nuts seeds. Do not get on with quorn, but am OK with Tofu. This time I thought I will at first anyway, try a protein shake some days. Maybe mix with iced coffee. I will also have 2 normal low carb meals with as much protein as possible.

I am looking at My Protein and trying to choose between these two. Would be very grateful if anyone has any advice which would be best? https://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-isolate/10530911.html. I am sort of thinking maybe I should go with the Diet one as it has more protein, but also more carbs?
    Per serving (with water I think) these are :

Impact Diet Whey 1 serving 2 scoops 60g
    which has 223 cals, 3.8 fat, 5.6 carbs and 35g protein.

Impact Whey Isolate 1 serving 1 scoop 25g
    which has 93 cals, 0.1g Fat, 0.6g carbs, and 23g protein

Thanks very much.

• posted by Gattina
    on

Hi Barby
    Like you I am lacto ovo vegetarian and I have an intolerance to quorn. I tried this powder when I last tried this woe
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MXQ251T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I didn’t like it and never finished the bag – it tasted horrible whatever I mixed it with. I don’t know how it compares to the one you suggest – it may be a case of try it and see – but I would suggest getting one that has a flavour rather than the unflavoured ones. I hope you get on with it and it helps.
    I eat a lot of eggs, tofu and pulses to keep my protein up – the beans are a bit carby but I just have to watch what else I eat in the day to keep the balance. Let us know how you get on with it .

• posted by barby
    on

Thanks for your reply Gattina. I suggested the My Protein as it is a well known make and a guy in my office uses it, only sometimes, he loves the cookies and cream flavour. He is on a keto diet, mainly meat and veg for him. I would probably get a couple of different sample sachets to try.

It’s a shame you didn’t get on with the one you bought. I love iced coffee, so I might try making strong black coffee the night before. Then mixing it with the shake and some ice cubes. I have done that before in my old Nutribullet..
    The trouble is, I don’t enjoy cooking or too much prep, and that is what put me off before. I have only just started trying tofu, must try more of it. Thanks again. Barb

Please log in or register to post a reply.