Progress and Pain

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Daisy Derya
    on

Day 2 I could have fallen asleep on a chicken’s lip.
    Day 3 I was in so much pain I thought some magician was sawing me in half. Is that normal?
    Day 4 I have lost 4lbs and 1 inch off waist so some progress to keep me motivated. Not so much pain today just discomfort

Daisy

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Daisy – welcome to the BSD forum. I’m a little puzzled by the pain and discomfort, the only thing that occurs to me, is maybe you have upped your fibre intake and your body is adjusting to that, but normally, people haven’t been reporting pain. Are you making sure to keep well hydrated? This is important as it helps to keep everything well lubricated and able to work smoothly. It seems the problem is settling down now, but if it persists, it may be advisable to get it checked out with your doctor, just in case.

Hope you continue to see really good results. Expect the rapid loss to slow and even plateau at some point, but stick with the programme and it will all come right.

Good luck …

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

As SunnyB says it could be your gut reacting to the change of diet. On the other hand, it could be pure and simple hunger. We stuff ourselves so much and snack when we dont need to that we forget what hunger feels like. I can be very uncomfortable, it will pass, or something will bowel wise.

• posted by Daisy Derya
    on

Pleased to say it has eased off quite a bit now.

I am not really eating anything different to what I normally eat. Just not eating the bread, potatoes or rice and definitely not the ice cream and chocolate that was my downfall.

Yes, I think it was probably hunger pains because when I looked at the calorie count for what I was eating and taking into account the calories I use up exercising I realised I was not eating enough – only 625 calories. So nice to think I can eat a bit more just not the bad stuff.

Please log in or register to post a reply.