Pancreas effects

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by KarenWannies
    on

Hi – I suffer from chronic pancreatitis as well as all the diabetic fun, and I’m curious if there are any side effects to flushing the pancreas? I’m feeling nauseous tonight (day 4), which makes me nervous because last time I threw up was just before an acute attack. Does anybody have any information on this? Aside from that I’m fabulous – lost 7 lbs, my sugars dropped from 285 to 225 and I’ve lost 4 inches off my waist. In 4 days!! I can’t wait to see how I am after 2 months!

Now just this pesky pancreas ….

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I had several bouts of nausea in the first 3 months. Only one of them reached the point of making me vomit, just before Christmas dinner when the in-laws were visiting, no less. That may or not be relevant to your specific circumstances, but I know I’m not the only one who experienced it and I don’t think you can assume that it’s necessarily pancreatitis-related.

Congratulations on your fantastic results so far and good luck!

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Is this connected with gallbladder problems ? My partner (male 60) is pre-diabetic and doing well on this eating plan for both weight, blood sugar and generally aside from the occasional abdominal pain. He has been told by a friend (female late 60’s) who is a type 2 diabetic and on meds that she had to have her gallbladder removed when she was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic. After a bit if internet research it seems she may be right about the connection, therefore my question is as follows. Is this also connected with the pancreas problems as the organs are physically joined ? If yes then I may have to start worrying about going low fat for my partners food regime – don’t like to call it a diet as people either misunderstand or misconstrue the term and think I am starving him !

• posted by KarenWannies
    on

Hi – oddly no! The most common pancreatic issues are from gall bladder, or alcohol abuse. I had neither, which really threw the doctors for a while. Turns out mine was a rare form of genetic cholesterol problems, combined with bad diet and being diabetic. It was one of the worst cases they had seen, and on the third day in ICU they told me to prepare myself as they didn’t think I was going to live out the day. Had to get a will done and say goodbye to family – it was absolutely awful! I guess I’m stronger than they thought, because 3 days later I checked myself out of hospital against medical advice, went home and got better!! I never want to be there again, but find it so hard to maintain my sugars and things. I really feel like this diet is going to save my life!

Please log in or register to post a reply.