Over the moon with our first week weight loss

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hairymclary
    on

A week today since we started the diet and I have lost 6.5lbs and my other half has lost 9.5lbs and we are both over the moon.
    Can honestly say that I haven’t felt hungry at all, which is not like being on a usual diet when all you can think of is how long is it until the next meal. We have chosen meals from the book for breakfast lunch and dinner and I have weighed every thing. The meals are so tasty and enjoyable and a couple of evenings we also had a glass of red wine which I know is not allowed and we have still lost weight .
    Thank you to all of you for your encouragement and tips on this forum

• posted by Rhi1990
    on

Wow, well done! Great work.

I started this week Monday so am waiting to see my results on Monday (although weighed in Thurs morning as couldn’t resist and seemed to be 4lbs down already).

Keep up the good work!

• posted by Hairymclary
    on

That is fantastic you are doing really well too then.
    Reading this forum keeps us all motivated and I am so pleased I found it

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Red wine is (sort of) allowed, it is just a big bunch of calories to take out of the required nutrition when you are only on 800 calories a day. If you have wine, I think it should be in addition to the 800, and stick to just the one glass as you have been doing.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hairymclary, love the name. Loved those stories, too, probably even more than my kids did!

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Brilliant loss for a first week!

• posted by Theodora
    on

I love the name too – and the books, of course – which is why my dogs, both long-haired mutts, are called Hairy and Maclary 🙂

Brilliant losses for you and O/H this week, Hairymclary – keep up the good work.

• posted by Hairymclary
    on

Ha thank you and to Julia too .
    Am imagining when you have to call the dogs in a park or public place – brilliant!
    Slinky Malinky is a great name too

• posted by LizV
    on

Congratulations on your losses! My husband and I have an occasional glass of red wine as well and still are losing at a good rate. Compared to what we used to drink, sticking to an occasional glass is kind of miraculous.

Please log in or register to post a reply.