Optimistic in October

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MelBelle
    on

Thanks a lot @jgwen! That’s really reassuring, about listening to what our bodies are saying.

Right now, I feel craving free again. I have chicken broth on the stove bubbling away. It smells good. I’m feeling I should try a broth fast tomorrow, a sort of insulin/gut reset and nice way to finish October. I’ve never done it before but just feeling like everything was crazy hormonally the last two days, where I felt like I couldn’t stop eating, I feel like it’s a good thing to do. I’ll see how I feel in the morning.

• posted by Lunder
    on

Cravings/Hormones:
    Yes, it’s most probably the hormones. There is some serious research these days about a hormone called “Leptin”. It is claimed that leptin helps regulate bone mass, the menstrual cycle, the synthesis of thyroid hormones, our appetite and metabolism.
    Unfortunately the modern world of toxins might interrupts the balance.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi everyone

Just to let you know that I have set up the November thread – No Nonsense November. The link is here:

https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/topic/no-nonsense-november/

So over the next couple of days – depending on time zones! – perhaps we can post our final thoughts for October on here then transfer over to the new November thread, hopefully picking up a few more travellers on the way.

Look forward to seeing you on the other side! X

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

Thanks @dreamscometrue

Final thoughts and reflecting on my month of October. Hard fact: +3kg on the scales.
    I have reached my objective of weight lifting/HIIT 3 times per week so very proud of myself for that.
    In the last two weeks of October, I stuffed my face with white carbs and upon reflecting it’s probably wine creep that brought this on.
    Outside of holidaying my rule for life will be alcohol no more than 1-2 per week.
    I’m still very happy with myself for recognising what was happening, and realising that the white carbs were making feel bloated and depressed. So cut them off completely and 3 days later I feel so much better for it. Hopefully my carbs gut bacteria didn’t get a chance to multiply too much during these 2 carby weeks 🙈

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Last day in October and my scales have recorded a 0.2 lb loss for the month. A loss is a loss!!!!! 149.4 today and I started at 149.6 on 1.10.19. At the very least I know I have confused my body with the mix up week I did and actually even though I put two pounds on that week, it may have given my metabolism a kick up the bum!
    I am going to re-read the bsd book, the why we get fat book and make my no nonsense November plan today.

Am I eating too many nuts- yes-
    Plan: no nuts til Christmas
    Do I enjoy cream in my coffee – yes
    Plan: One coffee with cream a day
    Am I moving enough – no
    Plan: walking at home dvds x 4 per week
    Do I want to get back to goal – YES
    Plan: believe in myself- I did it before!
    Am I happy to give up the fight – no
    Plan: keep on plodding!

See you for no nonsense November everyone!

• posted by MelBelle
    on

@DCT – I’m going to do one last post here and head over to the new thread!
    @louisekangooroo – Aargh. Sometimes it’s so hard to stop. I think JGwen’s right about hormones.

I did a bit of reading about soy, because when I couldn’t stop eating, it was after having a massive serve of tofu with my lunch. I think the tofu (and – I am guessing – the resulting estrogen boost) may well have had something to do with it. Tofu seems so healthy and innocent! But now I’m looking back thinking I have had trouble stopping eating after it.

Today I didn’t exactly stick to the chicken bone broth fast. For one thing, I took berries and cream when I visited my friend in hospital, and had some with her to be social. I also fixed the very low sugar chocolate/nut/coconut/collagen fat bomb recipe I made yesterday, and had a few bits of that. I had probably six cups of bone broth, lots of water. A potato wedge at dinner. A few more berries and cream. It sounds a bit mental when I type it out like that, but that’s my first day without a proper meal, and not eating very much. I’m happy with that. From here, I’m planning to fast properly (water only) through to breakfast.

I’m hopeful I’ll have a good weigh in tomorrow morning, but mostly I’m just hoping to reset my insulin/ghrelin after the two massive craving days.

Without this group, I’m pretty sure I would not have been able to resist the yummy Aldi Christmas treats. Haven’t bought any lebkuchen, or hazelnut cream cigars, or marzipan. I’ll have to buy some at some point I guess, because it’s Christmas! But normally I would have sampled everything already.

• posted by Verano
    on

So pleased to be able to draw a big thick line under October! At the end of the month I had actually lost, no discarded, 3lb. This reminds me of WoodDuckie and her ‘words’ discard rather than lose which can be found again. Similarly being ‘optimistic/hopeful is far less powerful than putting up with ‘no nonsense ‘. So best foot forward into November with determination rather than hope! See you over there.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Birdy- are you ok? Not seen you posting and wondered How you were doing. There are some familiar names taking part in No nonsense November. Come and join us or are you at goal.

Please log in or register to post a reply.