One week in using Apps for calorie counting

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ewe2lambs
    on

Just wondering who uses the Myfitnesspal as an App and if you do, have you/would you upgrade to the paying app its 50€ a year, wondering if its worth it, or is it just as good to stick with the free part of the app, some of the ‘extras’ look quite interesting, I definitely need this to keep me on the straight and narrow, but wondering if its really worth the dosh to pay the little bit more.

Thanking you…..

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi ewe2lambs, I’ve been using the free version of My Fitness Pal for a few years now and have never felt the need to upgrade, the free version has everything I need. There’s loads of good features in the free version – being able to store recipes, import recipes from websites, nutrition information and macros, the comparison photos (if you take a photo when recording your weight you can then compare to other dates, side by side).

• posted by Violinist
    on

Hi Lamb,
    I have used Myfitnesspal and others since 2013. I would not purchase the additional as it just isn’t needed unless you have some particular diet issues.

• posted by JGwen
    on

I use myfatsecret which is also free. There is confusion on calculating carbs with myfitnesspal while fatsecret works out the net value. – I don’t know how the two compare otherwise on features.

Please log in or register to post a reply.