One Week In

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by timf8one
    on

Kicked off the diet on Monday 27th March , 17 stone , bloods @ 8.8 on 4 X 500 mg Metformin and 2 x 25 shots of insulin.

Well after one week : 16 stone 7 lbs, bloods @ 5.8 and reduced the Metformin to 2 x 500 mg daily and the insulin to 2 x 15 shots of insulin.

This Works!!!!

Can’t wait for the next 7 weeks

The diet is not that difficult to follow and as it is said ‘nothing tastes better than thin !’

My goal is to get rid of the insulin and hopefully the other mess but I have to be realistic as I have had type 2 diabetes for 15 years ,only wished I had this information then .

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi timf8one, just remember (I guess you are diabetic) the weight loss is a bonus and a necessary part of your healing, great. The best part of this is the good blood glucose control and that is the lack of starchy carbs. Funny how we have become ‘compliant’ diabetics in the sense that we are showing good control yet a doctor would say we are non-compliant because we are going off and doing our own thing. Long may it continue.

I am like you, using insulin, and you will find the less you use the easier it will be to lose weight but, after 15 years (12 for me) dont be in too much of a rush to ditch all the meds, slowly and gently does it, give your system a chance to adjust.

• posted by timf8one
    on

Hi Sunshine Girl

Thanks for your encouragement, I see the weight loss is a by-product of all this and the healing is the key issue.

I like you are not looking to ditch the meds, and take on board the steady does it approach.

I guess the euphoria of the instant success can make one a little giddy with excitement,I too am fed up with following the compliance route and think going off piste is the way forward as all the previous medical intervention has been to maintain but not remove the issue.

It’s the old adage we seem to want to deal with the effect but not the cause.

Best wishes in your quest , go for it!!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.