One week down and weight loss is empowering

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by April
    on

Over the last 10 years my weight has waxed and waned an average of 20kg. October last year and I was at “peak oil” so to speak, 97kg to be exact, I was 5kg fatter than when I had been 40 weeks pregnant 5 months previously. I felt huge, my mother in law had a photographer take photos of the family over Christmas and while everybody says how beautiful I look, too me I look pained. I use that photo when I want to gobble a large bag of chips to remind myself of the pain.
    I have dieted religiously for the last 15 years and definitely had a tendency to catastrophic thinking, obviously the fat girl won that round.
    This time around there has been a change in my thinking, and I think it’s because I’ve had a significant enough weight loss this week (3kg, currently at 90kg) to spur on that positive thought process. I already feel thinner and for once I’m exited to see the transformation at the end of my journey/start of my new healthy life.
    I should add that I’m not a diabetic but have had insulin dependant gestational diabetes twice and have been told that if I didn’t loose some serious weight my chance of developing diabetes was 70% in the next five years. I felt like this was my last chance. I can’t wait to meet the new me, the one that can resist the temptation of a bag of cheese and onion chips, has enough energy to run with her kids, and doesn’t perpetuate the cycle of obesity. I will see you in 7 weeks love.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi April

Welcome to the BSD family, and well done for taking control now.

I had gestational diabetes many years ago but was never told I would probably develop type 2 in the future. I like to think if I had been told I would have made changes to my lifestyle, but would I?

You’ll meet lots of new friends on here who will help and support you along the road. If you have questions there is usually someone around to answer them as we are from different time zones.

Please don’t wait 7 weeks to post, but keep us informed of how you are doing along the way. We love to hear progress reports😃

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi April
    that’s a good start to your new healthy life, keep doing what you’re doing and you’ll get there. Any problems, just shout out and the BSD will come running to assist.
    Can I suggest that you now look at that photo and think “I’m NEVER going there again”
    Best of luck on your journey

• posted by Kingdoone
    on

I lost 7 pounds and 1 .5 inches off my waist bmi down .my first week

Happy.

• posted by April
    on

Very impressive, Its incredibly motivating isn’t it. I’ve lost less weight this week than last but I have cheated…..damn fresh bread

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Kingdoone, fabulous weight loss, it will get even better as the weeks go by!! 🙂

Hi April, a belated welcome to the forums. I’m so glad you have found this diet and these forums. I could not lose weight, other than an odd pound, on other diets, this was has taken me down by 2st 11lbs so easily!!

When you stick with the diet you will find you quickly don’t want/desire starchy, sugary foods. It is a REVELATION!!!!

By the summer ( if it comes) you will be proudly parading around in lovely summer frocks no longer embarrassed by your slimmer body 🙂

• posted by Chris Preston
    on

Just 5 days into the Blood Sugar Diet, I feel transformed! I’ve spent the past few years gradually feeling more and more fatigued as my diabetes progressed. Even last week, all I could manage at the gym was half an hour of light exercise and that would leave me exhausted. Today, I flew! On the cross trainer with my old man rock music on, I was almost moved to happy tears; I felt so good! What a relief! So I did 20 mins on there with a couple of sprints, then 20 mins on the treadmill and another 20 rowing. I burned 1140 calories! I had to smile to myself as I got dressed because I noticed my skin was pink instead of its recent grey! And I’ve lost 9 pounds in 5 days. Dead chuffed!

• posted by Daria191
    on

Hi April – there’s something about this diet that makes you feel good almost immediately! I felt different after a few days – more energy, more motivation, determination not to let anything drag me back to old habits. I’ve had the odd blip but shrugged it off and carried on. As you continue it gets better and you feel less inclined to let what you have achieved slip away. The physical difference for me was obvious after a few days and that was amazing for me after years of dieting and failing to make much difference. This diet makes sense to me and I now know what my body is doing when I eat so I am less inclined to do anything that ruins my day. Stick with it, it works and you will feel encouraged to change what you eat so it’s not a diet, it’s a way of life that makes sense!

Please log in or register to post a reply.