one week down …

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by AnnieBee
    on

And I have lost 2.5kg! 🙂 a very happy bunny. I don’t have a lot of weight to lose so I’m excited to have any weightloss and, hopefully, I will lose another couple of kg’s which will be just fantastic. I haven’t felt hungry because I was never a big eater anyway so the change to this diet hasn’t actually been too drastic for me. I’m going to stick with it. I’m hopeful that my blood sugar levels are normalising (only slightly up) so all is good!

• posted by Connie98
    on

Hi anniebee well done you – i too have just done my first week – I lost 5lbs!
    Like you I have found it quite easy – not an overeater – but cutting out carbs and sugar altogether feels great. I already feel so much better – will wait for blood tests next week to see if anything has changed. I think I have been going over 800 cals.I could do with losing 10 more pounds – so that should be easy at this rate.
    I have high cholesterol, fasting sugar of 10 and high liver enzymes. Which came as a complete shock as I have an active life and what I thought a reasonably healthy diet.Just lucky I guess.

• posted by AnnieBee
    on

Thanks Connie98. I thought I was living a pretty healthy lifestyle and couldn’t understand the thicker waistline (slowly picked up five kg’s and just couldn’t shift them) and raised blood sugar but this diet is changing that. Good luck with the rest.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Connie, you might be surprised at what happens to your triglycerides (liver enzymes). For years my doctor kept trying to coax out of me how much alcohol I drank because my TG were always very high, I also have high cholesterol which statins don’t seem to touch. After six weeks of starting this diet I was due my 3 month HBA1c and also my 6 monthly chol and TG. My HBA1c was 6.7 (down from 8.2) total cholesterol 3.2 (down from 4.1) and TG 1.21 (down from 1.50) 1.50 being the total range of normal. This was a side effect of the diet I had not expected.

Please log in or register to post a reply.