ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning March 24th 2020

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I thought I would just re post my message from earlier today as It expresses my feelings as we move into another week and I hope that you decide to stay with us if you are not sure how to manage food as well as all the other stresses right now.

I know it’s tough right now and I fully appreciate you have other things on your mind , managing the horrors of shopping, keeping the kids occupied away from school, facing work worries, just generally feeling fearful..

We are still here and will remain here as long as you need a safe space , just sharing as we have always done . We are all in the same boat.

This really is not the time to put our health at risk.

I am sure Sunny will be here to support you too.Her Positives Thread is thriving and very important right now but I know she will always do her best to keep us all focused on this weekly thread too. She has lots of great recommendations to relieve stress with meditation.

Sending lots of love to everyone and I hope you can find a minute just to share how you are coping and feel less alone xxx
    Noone will judge if you have had one or several wobbles. Noone could imagine even a few weeks ago that we could find ourselves where we are now. It would be such a shame to undo any benefits you were already experienceing

We can continue to benefit and support each other . We neend each other more than ever right now

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thank you for kicking off another weekly thread for us, Wendy. And for again giving us inspiration and support. For me at least, in these times of turmoil and uncertainty, having this WOE as a focus offers an area of control, which seems to suddenly be lacking in many other areas.
    I’m hovering around target with daily fluctuation, but have yet to build in some wriggle room. In the scheme of things I know this is of little importance, but it would be a little win to celebrate.
    My meditations are proving very useful in these difficult times and I have mainly been using those by Mooji on YouTube. Have also tried a couple of those on Tara Brach’s website, good, but I prefer Mooji I think …. more restful voice.
    Anyway, now is the time to take stock, to do the best we can for ourselves and by extension, for our loved ones. Try to stay focused on eating mindfully and if you’re struggling to do the full on weighing, measuring and recording, do your best to make BSD friendly choices and keep the carbs low. This will get you through until you’re in a better place to plough ahead again.
    Hope there will be plenty of people joining us here, to give mutual support and encouragement, as we forge ahead.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi Wendy & Sunny B, I thought I’d jump
    back into the weekly thread for a while to help me stay on track.
    Everything seems surreal at the moment, still trying to get my head around it all to be honest.
    My weight loss had been going ok this month with slow, steady losses, but weighing myself this morning I noticed it’s going back up again. The only thing I can put it down to is less activity, as normally I’m walking to and from work, shops etc and now I’m home all day. I did a walking exercise video on YouTube yesterday, only 10 mins but it’s something I’ll definitely doing more of.
    My eating hasn’t been too bad but I need to be mindful of times, so trying to get back into 16:8. I had a delivery of lovely fresh veggies from the markets yesterday, just had a bit of a shock as the bill was almost 30% more than what I was quoted – prices have sky rocketed in just a few days!
    Anyway off to meal plan for the rest of the week now, it’s good to have something to focus on 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to have you with us SueBlue. They are indeed strange times we are living, but it will eventually pass. My habit is to stretch my overnight fast for as long as I can each day, usually 17>18hrs but it varies, ad I will eat when/if I’m hungry. I’m sure you will soon be back to 16:8 and that blip upwards on the scales will soon be history again. Meanwhile, hope you enjoyed your meal planning 😊

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi SueBlue ! Good to see you on our weekly thread and we will always do our best to keep you on track. I can nag you a bit if you want 😉 ( I’m joking !!)
    Yes, strange times which can so easily disrupt our routine and consequently cause us to slowly drift, it’s normal.
    Yes, eating good, nutritious food, fresh veggies if you can get them is essential . I would be bereft without a lettuce !
    I think you have to find a routine that suits you.Mine is to include a fasting day or two in the week which I am sticking to to give me some control when I am at home, and I never eat breakfast.
    I am definitely going to dust off my exercise bike !!

All the very best SueBlue.
    I am getting worried about you all.Check in when you can . We will get through this xxx

• posted by DoubleDutch
    on

Hi all,
    Just checking in with my results. I’ve been on the scales this morning, happy to report 2.1 kilo discard since last week. I’ve done measurements last week and a can report 10 cm off my waist and 9 cm of my hips since I started this WOE January 6th.
    Instead of holidaying with uncertain food availability in Namibia, I can now stay focused on my health and cooking. That’s a positive, right?
    Ok, the gym ain’t happening right now, obviously, but I’m planning to check to see if there are bodypump classes etc online somewhere. They must be.
    I’ll be following you guys, cheering all the way from Holland and if you go trough a rough patch, drink tea, read the inspirational posts on this forum and hang in there.
    Xx DD

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

I’m in for the week. Not going to lie, Ive been struggling to keep my head in the game and on the scale of things I’m not even all that anxious or badly affected. Working from home, still get plenty fresh air as we are very remote and have horses to care for, we are not particularly at risk although my elderly father is in a risk category and sharing the house, he is fit and well and we are pretty isolated.
    None the less, my brain is tired and sticking to this way of eating requires thought, planning and determination, i feel I’m just lacking a little bit. I’m a tough love kinda girl so happy for a virtual kick up the rear!
    That said, Im not letting it go altogether, we are managing to keep a good supply of vegetables in the house, well so far anyway, so eating plenty of the good stuff and generally keeping the carbs low, we have had the odd slip in the evening.
    Sharing a home office with the hubby will be interesting – he has a big appetite and likes to snack, although he manages somehow to remain slim…. ive had to accept life just isnt fair in this respect!! I’m going to try to extend overnight fasts and skip breakfast (hubby is a die hard brekkie fan!) and hopefully i can find a good routine and not cave in.

Currently trying to resist going to make fruit scones….. must keep working!! If i can make it to my 4:30 work call then I can see it to the end of the working day and try to find something on plan to make for dinner!

Apologies – a very self focused post at a time where selfishness is driving me a little crazy. It is tough times for sure and i really do wish everyone good health, strength and mental well-being; i know this way of eating can help with all of this and its so lovely to have a little community sitting here sharing their experience, woes, worries and successes. Thank you all for doing your part and helping with motivation through the bumpy times.

xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Well done DoubleDutch, fantastic results ! It’s definitely a positive to stay focused on your health .

I keep hearing about lots of keep fit type exercises online DD so I bet you will find bodypump (it sounds intense !)

We are definitely hanging on in there and always available for anyone who needs a morale boost, or just a chat

• posted by DoubleDutch
    on

Hi Wendleg,
    I’ve done bodypump on and off since 2004. It’s a way to do some weightlifting at your own level, in a group. You can choose how much weight you use for each muscle group. I really need that, doing the exercises on my own, well, it usually ends up with me quitting after going twice. So classes are much better for me. I’ve done all these classes, from mini trampolines to Xco, yoga, you name it.. I like them all 🙂 but now I have to find motivation to do this without a group.. But I really want to reach target and stay fit in these weird, weird times.

• posted by wendleg
    on

WindyJulz
    Good to see you checking in and you are not selfish ! It’ s good you cna share your experience and you are really pretty focused .
    You are in Scotland, right ? Sending you a virtual kick up the rear from SW France ! 😉 NO NO NO WJ….fruit scones are MOST DEFINITELY not a good plan. They would send you off on a sugar binge..bad , very bad.
    Reading your post you know exactly what to do and you recognise the triggers so just stay strong, focus on the health benefits . Good health is worth so much more than a bun !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep planning the meals so you don’t just grab anything. Cooking something simple and healthy ( just soup, eggs, panfried fish and veg) can provide you with a welcome break from work .Let hubby eat the snacks if he wants to …WHO IS BUYING THEM ???
    I never eat breakfast and that could work for you too WindyJulz as you say , to stretch out the time before your first meal
    I thnk the important thing is to establish a routine that works for you which you can stick to ….loss of that routine could be the beginning of a carby downward slide .
    Keep going WJ and be grateful for that lovely Scottish air !!

• posted by wendleg
    on

OOH DoubleDutch after a recent hernia op, anything with weights is most definitely a no no for me .You are right to concentrate on your well being ..it’s more important than ever right now.
    I am sure you will be able to find an online group class you can do xx I miss my yoga and aquagym but I have my exercise bike and I could do an online yoga class too. SunnyB recommends mediation videos just for the calming experience, which is also vital right now

• posted by DoubleDutch
    on

Hi wendleg,
    I have this free app called yoga fitness, it’s by Adriene and I like her style. She also pays attention to relaxing and meditation, but she makes you work as well. Also with options. Maybe not for now but after you’ve recovered from your hernia op?

Xx DD

• posted by wendleg
    on

Thanks DD. I have to wait a bit longer but will bear that in mind xxx

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Aw thanks Wendleg, perfectly timed little kick. Genuinely exactly what i needed at the right moment!
    There shall be no scones and we now have chicken and courgette curry on the menu for tonight!
    Was delighted to see you say somewhere about making broccoli stalks into soup…. I have been wondering what to do with them as felt they must be too useful to waste. So the habit i need to break is craving bread with soup. I have steered away from soup (in favour of salad) as i know i just love a crispy roll with butter to dunk….. I have progressed to oatcakes but need to step round them also. I guess its just a mindset and a habit…..! My late mum was an amazing soup maker, always had a big pot on the go and always had something to dunk in it….. its 6 years last sunday since we lost her – cardiovascular failure linked to diabetes age 67, another reason to get myself together! Wow – life story….. anyway so broccoli soup, no dunkers and lots of vitamins!!

SW west France must be beautiful, may actually have to add that to a ‘places to go’ when this is all over list! I have an uncle in France, must learn where….! NE Scotland is lovely, still cold and we are exposed to the wind so feeling it today. Beautiful remote spot we have though despite not being too far from civilisation.

Thank you for the chat – nice distraction from the work madness and the general feeling of helplessness.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

DoubleDutch – i like a class as well, never ventured to yoga or mediation but beginning to feel like it might be a good thing. I do enjoy some weights and our current (well until recent days) is boxing fitness classes, great way to reduce stress and get a good hit of energy endorphins!
    Might go and have a look at the yoga fitness app…. I think the coming weeks will require some adjustments and effort to stay as active as poss. Meditation apps sound interesting too. Keeping ourselves in a mentally mellow place may be biggest challenge…. I do worry for people in isolation, loneliness is a difficult thing.
    Wendleg – hope you are recovering well, my OH had a hernia Op when he was 25….. took some time to recover even back then! healing thoughts!

• posted by wendleg
    on

It’s a pleasure WindyJulz. Yes, I am very mindful of waste now and we save all veg stalks for soup .
    So sorry to hear about your mum but you know the best hommage you can make to her is to avoid having the same health issues which caused you to lose her at such an early age.
    I imagine soup making and bread is bound up with strong emotional issues and memories of your mum which can be hard to break.
    What about toasting a few seeds to scatter on yur soup to give a bit of crunch ? Keeping your soup chunky might alleviate the urge for crusty bread ? You could always try the low carb linseed bread as you gradually wean yourself off the white stuff ? Oatcakes not the best chocie really …
    You have to just make the changes which are manageable for you WJ until they become second nature and you don’t suffer any cravings or a sense of deprivation not having the dunking bread.
    Yes, it is lovely here . We are about 2 hours from the Pyrennees, about 45 mins from Toulouse and people say the landscape is very like Tuscany.
    Keep going WJ and imagine me nagging you when you reach for that crusty roll !!! xx

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome Sunny B and Wendleg, and well don’t Double Dutch.
    I remembered ClarinetCathy had mentioned walking videos on You Tube so I searched for “walking videos Lesley” and found them. I did a 15 minute walking workout this morning which meant I walked a mile in my bedroom 🙂 it was actually quite enjoyable as they change the moves and a clock appears on the screen so you know how long you have to go. Definitely helpful in these times!
    I’ve decided that I just want to stay as healthy as possible during the next few weeks so have been planning and cooking lots of healthy meals. We had the Beef Rendang from the Fast 800 recipe book last night – I make it in the slow cooker and it’s lovely (just have to leave out some of the liquid in the recipe). Anyway dinner tonight will be easy as there’s still leftovers.
    I’ve been listening to a meditation app each night and I do seem to sleep better
    afterwards. Trying to look after Mind, Body and Soul in all this craziness!

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone,
    Checking in after 7 days completely inside in self-isolation. Only 7 more to go, and then maybe I will be able to get out for a walk, provided we’re not in complete lock down by then. I managed to get a renewed prescription yesterday for my asthma and I phoned up one of my neighbours who had offered to help me the other day and she went and picked it up for me. So that was very nice! Breathing much easier today as a result. I’m still eating 2MAD. It is definitely helping my food store last longer. Getting low on greek yogurt and completely out of kefir now, but still good on the fresh veggies and eggs. I made a delicious bean and kale stew for dinner tonight. Where I might have discarded much of the kale stalks, tonight I was also trying to reduce waste so chopped them up and added them in. I started some sprouts in a jar today, so that will be something nice to have next week. The radishes and rocket that I planted last week have germinated and are growing like crazy! I don’t have enough light or space on my balcony to produce a lot of things, but I can do lots of nutritious salad ingredients, especially greens. I wasn’t thinking of planting veggies like tomatoes given that my place is back on the market, but nobody is looking to buy for now, so I will likely be here for a while, and so may be starting tomatoes this week.

WindyJulz – why not try the broccoli sandwich bread in the recipe section for something to dunk? I add a bit of flax to the recipe to make it hold together better and to be a bit more bready. I’ve added some cheese into the recipe once before as well. An easy way to use up those broccoli stalks. You can also try making parmesan crisps and adding them for cruch and cheesy taste.

• posted by Bryla
    on

Hi everyone. I am in for this week, just been a bit preoccupied and worn out with juggling various things. Still walking the walk, apart from a snaxident with some cheddar last night!
    Love to everyone

• posted by Olive_1
    on

Hi Wendy, SunnyB, SueBlue, WindyJulz, DoubleDutch, Arcticfox and Bryla!
    I’m still in, although it is going a bit backwards. Was doing well until the weekend, then we celebrated OH birthday with just too much food, drinks and yes – carbs too. So, weight was up on Monday (my weighing day) and also the craving for carbs was up. Am trying to resist but in the current circumstances it is hard. Am working from home, so is OH + have two teenagers at home. Nothing is normal, new routines have not yet settled.
    Am also a bit down as I’m getting back pain in my hips. I had three sessions of cortisone injections in my his in Jan/Feb, and it is definitely “running out” on one side. The result is pain after walking, gardening, sitting too long etc. I was hoping the weight loss + exercise would have helped more, but not enough it seems. So, find myself back in ibuprofen after an active day.
    On a positive note, like you Arctic fox, I have kick-started the garden season. Have thrown in some spinach and rocket seed in containers in my greenhouse to try and get early produce. Also have chilies that soon will flower(inside) and have just sown tomatoes. Love growing food and am thinking about how I can get more out of my garden this year. In these shaky times, it feels good to do something to provide for the family.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Oh Olive, I feel you with the new routines etc. I’ve had a better 24hrs though (helped by being on web meetings ALL morning – first experience of a fully remote audit but there we go) and even just getting it together for that short time has helped with cravings and motivation….thankfully OH has realised that actually he needs to encourage me not sabotage me!

Arctixfox – good shout on the broccoli bread, I might well give it a go. I have decided broccoli is a wonder veg so broccoli soup with broccoli bread might just be the ticket!!

Last night we made enough chicken, mangetout and courgette curry to get another dinner from it. The chaps are still keen for their rice which makes it last longer for me….. I’m ok with that,

Life goals include growing some veg, we have a good sized garden space which we have never really done anything with, its a big job and will require a mini-digger…. would live to find the time to make so fruit and veg growing space.

Bryla – cheddar snaxccidents are not the worst kind….

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everybody !

Today was a bit intense with school work and an overflowing inbox with multiple queries , msot of which I had already answered but kids skim the info and miss half of it ….patience patience !!!

You definitely have the right approach SueBlue. Fortunately we can walk around our field here but I have to learn to fit it into my working day rather than sitting fixed on the computer screen ! I have an app to remind me to drink water.I reckon I need one to remind me to get up and MOVE !!

Crikey, so glad you got your asthma inhaler,articfox. You reminded me about sprouting ! I have a basic kit and some sprouting seeds so I am going to get that set up tonight. I am usually fairly successful and only once managed to rot them all !!! It is definitely satisfying to see the sprouts sprouting !!

Glad you are with us again, Bryla and don’t be too hard on yourself . Cheese is not so bad, bread and cheese not so good !!

Hi Olive ! It ‘s shocking how just one carb fest can immediately set off the cravings. You sound a bit vulnerable right now . I feel for you as I had a lot of pain walking and ended up with a hip replacement 3 years ago which was such a relief. Just pace yourself so it is manageable. Your change to healthy eating will definitely have an impact on your joint pain so don’t t give up. Yes, veggie growing is so satisfying and I have total respect for it right now ( and the free gifts like nettles and dandelions !!)

WindyJulz I am glad your OH has got the message ! Great too that you are tackling the bread issue xx

Keep posting everyone so we can keep cheering each other up !!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Wendleg – I used to set the timer alarm on my phone to go off every 30 minutes to remind me to get up from my desk and walk around, apparently you can download software to your computer which locks it at intervals to remind you to move too 🙂
    Trying to get used to this new normal is a challenge that’s for sure! I went to bed early last night, mainly due to boredom
    tbh, but then woke up at 4am. I need to work out a better routine! And I know I’m lucky to be at home, even if bored, and not on the front line like so many of our health workers are.
    Tonight for dinner I’m making a keto cabbage stir fry, a recipe I found on the Diet Doctor website. I’d ordered a huge bunch of Tuscan cabbage with my fruit and veggie box (because the notes said it would help the farmer!), then had to work out what to do with it all. The other recipe I want to try is an Italian minestrone type soup, but am going to skip the risoni pasta and add extra veg instead.
    Hope everyone is keeping well 🙂

• posted by wendleg
    on

Thanks SueBlue. That is helpful . I just get so preoccupied answering endless queries that the hours just fly by and it’s not good for me.
    I am concentrating on simplifying everything and not being too ambitious in terms of what is asked of my pupils. I am thinking of parents too.
    I think that is true of BSD too .Just keep things simple, don’t be too ambitious , don’t put too much pressure on yourselves , just do what you can to make healthy choices in these challenging times. Manage the stres, try to get enough sleep, laugh a bit when you can.

oh…and pop in to let us know how you are doing !
    Thinking of you all and sending a massive hug to you, wherever you are xx

• posted by Olive_1
    on

Hi all,
    Just a note to say the sun is shining today. Makes everything a bit more bright.
    There has been some tips of what to do with broccoli stalks, here is another. I slice them up with a mandoline mix with some olive oil, grated parmesan, salt and pepper as a fresh sallad.
    Wish you all a good weekend when you get to it!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Olive ! The thread has gone a bit quiet. I hope everyone is ok. Your broccoli stalk salad idea is great.I like eating the stalky bits of cauliflower raw too . Today was a feeding day so I enjoyed a lovely lush salad.We have lots of veggies and we are only likely to run out of dairy but it’ s not an essential. I made some more of my nettle crisps too.
    I deliberately took a break from the computer screen today apart from answering a few emails and feel better for it.

I have decided not to expect too much of myself, to keep things simple and be realistic about what I can achieve in these challenging times.
    On the advice of a friend I did get dressed today and put on a bit of make up and earrings 😉 to create some semblance of normality.I was slobbing around in my onesie yesterday but it’s not really approprate for foraging !!
    Thinking of you all and sincerely hoping everything is ok xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

I think these challenging times must really be taking their toll because you have gone quiet on me !
    I imagine for many that food is just another source of stress ….. comfort maybe and with all of our routines being disrupted trying to keep on plan is just proving too difficult.

Added to that you might be worried about getting food supplies and having young families to feed and keep occupied. It’s not easy to focus on yourself when everyone is depending on you to keep it all together, and bake bread and cakes !

I understand if it all feels a bit too much but we are always here if you feel like sharing

Lots of love everyone xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry for not being around on the weekly thread, Wendy. I’ve certainly been a bit preoccupied and caught up with things at home. I have managed not to go completely off piste though and am managing to maintain on or around target.

You are right though, it is in stressing times that the temptation to loosen the reigns is strongest. Thing to remember is, if there are any slips, trips or blips, this WOE is very forgiving, we just need to get right back on track ASAP and any potential damage will be minimised.

I’m sure everyone will be doing their best and will drift back here soon and we’ll be here when they do.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Sorry for going quiet. It feels like life is a bit boring for me to be writing about right now. I was on day 11 of self-isolation when my sister called me and told me I was free because our jurisdiction changed the guidelines and anyone who was isolating due to suspected but not known contact and doesn’t have symptoms after 10 days can stop isolating. I think that is very specific to our situation though, so may not be the same everywhere. The asthma medication I’ve been on this week makes me more susceptible to contracting pneumonia though, so I didn’t immediately rush out to the supermarket, just went for a short walk in the rain. I came across a few people, but was able to keep my distance.
    Earlier today I planted some mustard greens and peas, and because my last round of lettuces completely failed to germinate (what a resounding disappointment that was!), I planted some more in different potting mix this time.
    I have still been eating 2MAD and find that I really don’t want more than that. Haven’t been keeping track of calories and haven’t weighed myself because I figured with the lack of activity over the last 11 days the result would be too depressing. I’ve been mostly wearing stretchy clothes too, so don’t know how things are fitting. Don’t feel like I’ve put on too much though, so we’ll see.
    I have been very busy working from home this week. We have been told that we can expect to be re-deployed in ways to support the Covid-19 response next week so I was scrambling to complete some of my projects. Not fully sure yet what exactly it will involve, but assume we’ll be trying to anticipate impacts to the food supply and help to keep supply chains intact.

• posted by PhoenixBurns
    on

Time seems to be passing at a very strange rate now I am mostly at home, some things pass slowly (between meals for example) , others very quickly (can’t belive I haven’t checked the forum in a few days). I am still maintaining my weight at about 1kg below my original target and 3kg above my second. With the empty food shelves and a family to feed I am finding it increasingly difficult to stick to this WOE. I am controlling my eating well most of the time though. However, being allowed out for one form of exercise a day has focused my mind and I have taken my children out for a ride every day. I am continuing the strength exercises too, when I can fit them in amongst the family fitness sessions, dance classes, virtual family gatherings, etc.
    Keep safe and well everyone.

• posted by Bryla
    on

Hi everyone! Thought I’d posted yesterday, but that message evaporated.

I’m now week 12 day 2. I am trying to reduce my reliance on the kitchen scales. I finally feel I can trust myself to know roughly what the right portions of my staples look like and want to work towards making this woe feel more automatic. I have also steered clear of the bathroom scales after some tummy trouble this week. I suspect that only walking the dog once a day and moving less has had an impact on me I think I will still weigh myself weekly, but I want to trust that if I’m following the principles, then the rest will take care of itself. I can always go back to being a bit more structured if I need to.

I hope we can all keep checking in when we can. It’s great to hear everyone’s thoughts and snippets of news. I really want to stay as well as I can so I can deliver things to my parents and neighbours as needed and this woe is a big part of that. I know we are all struggling with different aspects of our current situation to some degree, but I am so grateful to be part of this supportive community of virtual friends and fellow BSD- travellers. We have plenty of evidence that we are a strong, determined bunch who are up for a challenge and I hope we will stick together long after this difficult time has passed.

Lots of love to everyone!

• posted by Russianroulade
    on

Hi all, Sorry for the no show. Work has been very busy as I am involved in the covid 19 effort. To an extent this has meant that some wine, pizza and chocolate has crept in. But I’m not going to be too hard on myself, after all there is no wrong or right response to this. However I have noticed that my portion sizes remain small. And miraculously I have continued to discard. So today, after we managed to get some shopping, I am very much back on the wagon. This is the only thing we have control of and whenever we emerge from lockdown, I’d love there to be a lot less of me.

Stay safe, stay well and don’t be too hard on yourselves

Much love

Xxx

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone, just a quick check-in. I managed to get out for a bit of a longer walk today. I completely lost my appetite though. Not sure if it is related to the lessened activity over the 11 days I was inside or if it was due to the bad news that one of my friends has the virus. She lives 2 hours away and is a friend from way back so we keep in touch via social media these days, so I didn’t have any physical contact with her, but it was a bit upsetting. She was counselling me about my asthma last weekend as she has it too, and then the next thing I knew she was in hospital. Sounds like she was trying to do everything right with social distancing and only going out when necessary, so who knows how she picked it up. She didn’t stay in hospital long though and has now been discharged. Anyway, I made myself eat dinner when I returned from my walk this evening, so OMAD today.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Oh arcticfox, sorry to hear about your friend, good news that shes been discharged though. We ave neighbours (1.5 miles down the road) who we believe have it, not tested but all the symptoms. they are pensioners but i believe they are doing better now. Scary when it gets close.

I’ve been quiet, apologies, busy weekend in its own way, even if just busy trying to get some down time.

So i used last week as a find the healthy routine, and get settled and planned. The weekend was ‘easier’, had a few naughty things but not massively off plan. Some potatoes and oats and wine!

Today is a new day and I’m back at it properly. Just had a delicious feta and tomato salad, and with the clocks changing we intend to eat earlier and do outside / horse stuff later on. This should mean im not so hungry come dinner time and i can have a longer fast before lunch the next day. Hoping this will help me get back to the 800 calories.

Take care folks

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone

Thanks to those who managed to check in despite the obvious pressures and constraints.I have had an intensive day on the computer putting work on line after a brief respite at the weekend. I feel bombarded at times and need to switch off.My Qigong routines help keep me grounded and energized.

Just to say I am going to start a new weekly thread . This thread and the Positives seem to be the ones most active right now and we will keep going as long as you need us .

I will let you know when I have set up the new thread

• posted by wendleg
    on

The new thread is up and running , folks !!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.