ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning July 21st 2020

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by EC
    on

hi all
    a quick check-in before the new week!!
    arcticfox-great to hear you fasting tales….am thinking to try to emulate here and there (my biggest challenge is not food but soymilk in tea/coffee……but I can do it for a day now and then, surely!)-and congrats on those NSVs
    We’ve also just started hearing the news from the UK re obesity and COVID-pretty grim all round and cases in Victoria are still on the increase-we open some interstate borders here next week so I’m hoping we can avoid a spike

Dawn-I feel for you with a parent with dementia-hard at the best of times, much less without a pandemic!

So we’re back from our trip to Cradle Mt. I didn’t count calories while away but mostly not too much off plan and we did HEAPS of walking (and climbing) in sunlight and snow! Had a lovely interaction with a wombat (we saw heaps) who tried to eat my bootlaces while my OH was trying to photograph it!! …..and glad to report that I’m not even stiff after all that extra exercise!
    back at my desk…..though I plan to take some time out today to do some food prep from my veg order that came yesterday

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone.I had a good start to the week but regained all my progress by indulging on the weekend.we had two birthdays in the family this week and I did have cake and a restruant meal.So I know that I cant allow any indulgences even for birthdays.This week I will continue with two meals a day and limit evening snacks.goal this week to discard 1kg.I hope you all persevere. I take each week as it comes trying to learn more about how my body reacts to food.Im really worried that I’m close to being type 2 diabetic as my fasting bgl is rising and my insulin resistance is probably getting worse.I will probably get back to my books by Jason Fung and utube from Dr Cywes and others to stay motivated.I hope you all have great week.

• posted by Sarah1968
    on

Me again, slipped off the wagon twice this week with meals out……. But still lost 2lbs.
    One thing which did become apparent and was a light bulb moment , was that I am finding puddings (one sticky toffee pudding slip up) really really sweet, so my palate is definitely changing which is good.
    Calories average 1093 – eek
    Carbs. 32g average. OK with that.

Week1 7lbs
    Week2 3lbs
    Week3 1lb
    Week4 2lbs

Total 13lbs

Would like to break the 1 stone barrier this coming week. Fingers crossed. Going to be strict with myself.

• posted by Lecurie
    on

Hi everyone, I’m back from our week away. English weather is just so unpredictable, we had every season each day whilst away! I didn’t manage to reduce my carbs whilst away and fell off my path but back to it today and hoping to rejoin gym this week which should help.
    EC, thanks so much for emailing me your recipes. I’ve always liked aubergine but never cooked with it so I’m looking forward to trying your recipes out.
    Hope you all have a great week. It’s miserable and been really heavy rain here today, another great British summer!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks EC,yes dementia is such a cruel disease and,after being used to seeing my dad most days when he lived at home before the Covid outbreak,to suddenly not seeing him for months has been very difficult for the whole family.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello everyone ! It’s time to set up the new thread so I will go and do that now !

• posted by wendleg
    on

It’s ready and waiting for you !

One Week at a time beginning July 28th 2020

Please log in or register to post a reply.