ONE WEEK AT A TIME BEGINNING AUGUST 20TH 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi all,
    Wendy asked me to start this week’s thread again so here we go! For those of us still on Monday – hope you don’t have a case of the Monday’s and for those already on Tuesday, Monday is done for another week! I know many of us are still being Attentively Augustus but everyone is welcome to share their journey on this thread too – would love yo see some new people an get some more conversations going.
    Shout out to all the regulars, I won’t do a roll call for fear of missing someone out – just know that I’m thinking of you all and wishing everyone success in whatever you’re working towards this week. For me, it’s to stay on track despite the many food temptations at my current gig, to not let stress lead me into temptation and to continue being kind to myself and acknowledging the progress I’ve made.
    😊🦄💙🥇

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Hi all, just want to say hello. I’ve been reading the threads now and again but not finding much time to post and becoming a bit complacent with food choices.
    Been busy decorating but on the plus side it’s keeping my mind off of food and distracting me from eating.
    My nephew is arriving from Canada on Thursday for 2 weeks so not sure if I’ll get much time on here. But I will try to stick with bsd as much as I can.
    Just want you all to know I’m still here and thinking of you all.
    You’re doing a great job Kafin.
    Glad your OH is doing well Wendy, even if he is a little over zealous! Have patience with him.
    Hope you’re still having a great time on holiday Birdy

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thanks, Scottishgal! Enjoy the visit with your nephew xx

• posted by EC
    on

Hi all…and thanks Kafin for the new week’s thread

I had a couple of transgressions over the weekend (mostly wine-a birthday party, and a night in by the fire…)
    My OH is away this week and I generally find it easier to be really strict when I’m on my own, so hoping for some good results this week!-work is till over-busy, but at least not full of meetings this week so also hope to up the exercise in between

It’s blowing a gale here atm -and a fair amt of rain intermittently so not great walking weather-will have to get the dog out though and then maybe yoga by the fire after work..

I’m in that awful in-between stage where my “bigger” clothes look too baggy, but not quite svelte enough for the snug-fitted smaller sizes (lucky it’s still jumper-weather-and when it’s just me at my desk there’s no need to dress up 😉 )

Scottishgal-Canada is where I’m off to end next month (my first small goal to be at least 8 kgs lighter than 3 weeks ago by the time I leave…)-it’s apparently glorious in autumn!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Yes, thank you to Kafin for setting up this new weekly thread. I can report absolutely zilch movement on scales, but I do now fit into a blouse I bought a few weeks ago (having misread the size on the label). It is snug but can fully button it up at least. My belly is still annoying me – as I mentioned to Wendleg, I did google liposuction, but very quickly decided that was not the way to go! I I think it is slowly (very slowly…) reducing in parts, but I also think there is more of a difference between a size 10 and a 12 than a 12 and a 14 in jeans! It’s a testament to this WoE that back fat has gone, bottom, thighs and hips slimmer, so I hope it will do its magic on gut. Onwards All!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Thanks Kafin for hosting the thread for another Week. You are a star and you did a brilliant job last Week. Yes, this is a good sister thread to the monthly ones for those who like short term goals. I am still aiming for 70kg/11 stone when September begins. I will trundle on if I am not quite there. I am finding the magnificent heirloom tomatoes very difficult to resist and 90% choc has not been banished completely !
    Salads and med veg are my summer staples though.

Good to hear from you Scottishgal ! Hope you have a great time with your nephew. Is he a teen needing mega carbs ??
    Hi EC ! You are an inspiration with your dog walking in gales ! Yes, baggy clothes are to be banished.You will soon be in the smaller sizes. I have never been to Canada .Any Canadians on the forum, I wonder ?

Hope you can all find the time to pop in and tell us how you are doing,whatever stage you are at.
    O/h learned his lesson , I think.. It took him a day to recover from the excesses of Sunday. He just needs to rest more xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

I feel for you 6T.. belly fat is notoriously difficult to shift but be proud of what you have achieved to be able to fit into your teeny tiny jeans ! You will shrink that belly in time ….
    Yikes, liposuction … I do admit I would like to shave a bit ( a lot !!) off my bingo wings but I will just have to embrace and own them !!

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

EC, which part of Canada are you visiting? My sister and her family live between Toronto and Niagara Falls. I’ve been over a few times and it’s lovely. A different lifestyle to here in Scotland though. And there’s not many places for walking lol. My nephew is 27yrs old. It’s about 7 years since he last came home to Scotland. Not made any plans yet and will just take each day as it comes. He’s staying with me and has requested rolls with square sausage (a Scottish delicacy lol) and sugar puffs.
    6T, I struggle with the belly fat too. I think I’ve reduced from looking 6 months pregnant to only 4 months now lol.
    I’ve been buying size 14 recently and the odd size 12. Was in m&s the other day and couldn’t fasten size 14 jeans but the size 16 was far too big. If only size 15 was available!

• posted by BikeyGuy
    on

Good afternoon all,

I had tried to post this morning, but have been classed as a spammer by the bsd bots and only now have been released from thebloodsugardiet.com techie’s abyss. Assuming you’re ok with associating with a miscreant, please read on . . .

Well, after last week’s “lament lack of loss” with an overall gain of 0.2lb, I’m now back on the trail with a delightfully downward discard of 1.8lbs for a running total of 34lbs for my 12-week rapid-loss plan on fast800. I was only keeping below 800 Cals/day, not looking at carb intake or the BSD. I’m not sure if getting back to my best weight of about 20yrs ago will happen, that would mean another 10lbs, but I’m definitely chuffed with where I am now and will KOKO. (I keep thinking of Frankie Howerd saying “I should cocoa!” every time I see that!)

People who haven’t seen me since before I started are definitely complimentary, I’m a waist size less after having a noticeable trouser overhang because I refused to buy bigger trousers, so probably 4″+ off my middle.

My skin seems to be drawing in nicely at the accident hot-spots, but I might try a couple of 24hr fasts to encourage some autophagy and a little more tightness there, or maybe once a week ongoing.

Right, I’m off to study maintenance stuff – see you next week!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi 6T, One of my soap box topics, dress sizes and jelly belly. :-0

Trying to work out dress sizes has confused me for decades, but it seems that it has got worse in recent years. The mystery of comparing the dimensions of different brands of the same size !!! It has pushed me into preferring to shop in specific shops that only sell their own brand because at least you have a chance of guessing what size will fit, I hate the whole changing room experience but especially when its hit and miss on what will fit.

I have a 2XL high tech reflective riding jacket that I haven’t yet got down enough to be able to do up, but I am down to M with other sources of clothes. (No point in sending the jacket back because 2XL is the largest size they do, and once the jelly belly is got rid of it will do up, it gets closer bit by bit.)

• posted by BeeGirl
    on

Afternoon all

Just a quick drop in to report a 0.8lb loss this morning for Week 15. That’s my smallest loss yet and a little disappointing as I was hoping to have a good week since I’ll be missing WI next week due to being away, but it is what it is, so I’ll just keep on going.

While I’m away I’m going to try and do a mix of OMAD and TMAD and stick to lowish carb. There will be booze and possibly some ice cream at times, so I’ll take the hit on the scales when I get back and then get straight back to it. Think I will also try and switch up my food choices when I get back – too much dairy and too little veg starting to happen, so I need to get a grip on that. As kids will be going back to school a few days after we get back, it’s a good time to review and tweak things as I’ll have more time to concentrate.

Last honey extraction done, another 30 or so pounds, which is a little higher in water content than the first batch, as some wasn’t capped, so will be reserved for mead production and personal use; I currently have four separate meads on the go and another will be going on in the next couple of days. Busy melting down all the capping wax so the kitchen smells amazing – beeswax and honey, plus the cedar and propolis from some of the frames that are still knocking about; my favourite mix of smells! Will be glad to get the kitchen back to normal with the extractor put away, wax melted down and everything de-stickied – the floor in there feels like an early 90s nightclub despite best efforts!

Have a good week folks – I probably won’t be around for a couple of weeks now, but will pop back up in the first week of September when life returns to normal and I need a shoulder to cry on when the numbers on the scale reflect my week away 😂

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Clothing sizes are so different from country to country that I try not to let the actual number affect my mind set. Jeans are the worst because of the way they cut them. It’s just a giant pile of denim and as the cutter goes through, it squishes it down so the first couple of pairs are accurate and then they start to get bigger but are all sold as the same size. I’ve tried on multiple pairs of the same size in one brand/store and they can be really different!
    I don’t have any answer to jelly belly 6T but it’s lovely to hear from you! I’m starting to see a little of the back fat go which feels good – I think because we all have different body makeup, we all have our own problem areas. I have what I call fatty pocket knees! So does my Mum and she’s very slim so I think there’s only so much we can do about certain things.
    If I may start something, why don’t we all state one thing we like about our own bodies! I like my slender ankles…your turn everybody!
    Those heirloom tomatoes sound delicious, Wendy!
    BeeGirl, it sounds like you have a plan so enjoy yourself. We will be here when you come back. I just want to hang out in your bee kitchen!!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

That is a great idea Kafin! I too like my slender ankles, and also wrists, and my forearms. So all good in extremities! The jeans I have are all from M&S, and I do think there is a difference as per my earlier post! So it’s not just brand to brand in this case…Maybe the new size 10 ones I got (and still am very far from zipping up) were just in the wrong place in the pile! But I will see again in a month….I think it was JGwen who has said that tummy tends to be first to set fat down in females and the last to go (if it ever really does) , so Kafin you seem very much like me, and it is the back fat which melts away first…I have no illusions about regaining the same body I had, but am hopeful the jelly might be reduced. Beegirl, I have visions of you walking out of your kitchen onto a carpeted area and getting very fluffy soles…I have said it before, but will say it again, that I could not be doing this (even in my own lax-ish way) without you all! xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

I am sure we all have lovely body bits we can celebrate ! I think my ankles are normal…I wouldn’t call them slender though.
    I think I have friendly green eyes 😉

• posted by wendleg
    on

Bikeyguy, I was ‘blocked’ from the forum for a brief moment too, sometime last Week but the tech team said it was a glitch. Glad to see you back and well done on the shrinking waist ! Yes, why not try for a 24hour fast …fasting gets easier as you adjust and you might find you enjoy it !

You have done really well Beegirl , enjoy your time away and we look forward to seeing you in September ! My discard certainly slowed down but the important thing is to keep going and to maintain the healthy habits long term.

Kafin your beautiful face most definitely cancels out any fatty pocket knees which sound very endearing anyway 😉

6T I cannot imagine ever wearing size 10 jeans ….14s would be a victory so don’ t be too hard on yourself . You will get those jean zipped up, you’ll see !

JGwen always talks sense and brings us back to what is really important !
    Hi EC ! Hope your weather has improved !

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone,
    I didn’t exactly make goal last week, but it was a pretty lofty one that I set just to motivate myself to try hard. I still ended up losing 1kg though, so not shabby at all. That’s the 0.6kg I put on while away gone plus another 0.4kg. It was my first day back at work today and I found myself engaging in some mindless eating at my desk. It was all food I had brought with me, but I got through it rather quickly. Then I hit the afternoon doldrums and didn’t have any food left, so I wanted to make a run to the supermarket, but refrained and just made myself a couple of different flavoured herbal teas to enjoy instead and to help perk me up. I’ve waded through 100’s of emails today and answered lots of public inquiries on every topic imaginable (and some I didn’t imagine ever having to answer). I’ve always said that my job isn’t boring, so it isn’t boredom that drives me to eat at work. It is really more of trying to sustain mental energy throughout the day. I think this has been particularly tough since my accident which is likely why I was driven to eat even more than I did before. I think now that I recognize this, I should research some strategies, such as scheduling more frequent breaks away from my desk and breaking long tasks down into more manageable chunks.

• posted by EC
    on

Good (Aus) morning everyone
    what a treat to get to my desk to such a plethora of great posts!
    Scottishgal..we will only be on the east coast in Canada this trip (Price Edward and Cape Breton Islands-both supposed to be stunning in Autumn though -esp Cape Breton where we’ll be for Celtic Colours festival) My work has taken me there once before when we did see a lot more of the (vast) country-we even went up to Newfoundland to walk in Gros Morne National Park (except I got really sick with the viral bronchitis that my OH had left home with)-we did also get to BC…such a beautiful country.
    In our industry, (music) we are celebrating Year of Scotland Australia in 2020 so will be seeing and hearing lots of lovely Scots accents next year!-I’ll think of you Scottishgal

Beegirl, the smells in your kitchen sound like my sort of heaven!-all those woody, earthy yet sweet scents!!

Wendleg-the weather is still more than inclement -but I did get out to walk with the dog in a break…and we do need the rain (and I have plenty of work to keep me indoors!)-and all the fruit trees are budding up, so Spring is on its way!

Arcticfox-I also had a hungry day yesterday-made the fishcakes from MM book (which are a stable) but managed to eat two servings!

Re body bits we like-I’m very grateful for my strong, reliable legs (even though I hated the muscle as a child)

RE tummy jiggles/body image….a friend shared this delightful (though not BSD) video yesterday (though she is really just young and gorgeous as well!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjNGOYZuby4&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2AqNBJ5syjMwb65j3Ed7mu908YJooxf1UrBvetIbW2LdmS5Yp-drxAMhk

have a great day all

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

Hi everyone!
    I’m joining the weekly thread as I don’t think I classify as a newbie anymore and also all newbies have disappeared 😅
    I got ejected from posting on the forum too for a couple of hours but it has been fixed.
    BikeyGuy, good luck with your 24hrs fast. Fasting is like a muscle, it gets easier the more you exercice it. I started with 24hrs one and liked it so much that I’m now up to 72hrs one with great results. As I’m typing this I’m in the middle of my first 42hrs fast… trying different things 🙂
    Kafin, great idea about celebrating our bodies! I love my legs and don’t mind my face 😂
    Speak later
    Louise

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Arcticfox,
    I used to have the habit of needed to combine eating with nibbling. – I realised that when working on difficult to write documents I need to pace (which I can do when working from home but not in an office) or I need to make frequent trips to the kitchen.

Your post made me wonder if the habit of nibbling when thinking came from years of being in an office and not able to move / fidget when thinking. – I certainly think my drive for regular coffees comes from the days when the only acceptable pacing I could do was heading for a drink. –

I wonder if one of these spinners or something else that you can fiddle with would satisfy the need for movement without putting something into your mouth.

The other tip I would suggest is to get deep enough into ketosis so that your brain is being fuelled by ketones. Everyone reports how great it feels to be in that state and certainly I get a clarity of thought that feels wonderful.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Kafin, I like the idea of celebrating the parts of our bodies we like. – It took me a little while to think of what to say which showed to me that thinking about this is something I needed to think a about.
    This will sound strange but my arms from the elbow down to the hands is the area I would choose. – I like watching how my arm changes shape as I grip things and use my arms and it pulls me on to achieve the same with my thighs and upper arms.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the thread, Kafin. The idea of recognising what what we like about our bodies, instead of getting hung up on the bit we dislike, is a great one. For me it’s the rediscovery of collarbones and my hands, but think OH would say my legs. I can see why you’d choose forearms JGwen.

That techy problem on the forum seems to be very common right now – I too fell into that’spam’ abyss a week or so back. It feels a little disconcerting to be rejected by the system, but they get you back on the acceptance list pretty quickly.

I’m feeling more positive about dealing with the pounds gained whilst away and whilst the week on week result saw a small increase, the scales are heading in the right direction more consistently, so there is hope of getting back to target weight soon.

Have a good week everyone.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Off back to work in half a hour and I won’t have much time to post later so checking in to say hi and I’m loving all our favorite body parts! I’m going to add to mine, I think it’s time to celebrate the things we love, we spend way too much time worrying about the things we don’t! So – my eyes and eyelashes, that bit at the top of my rib cage between my boobs where the ribs are obvious ( well they are when I raise my arms over my head!), my forearms – I like that too, JGwen, I worked hard in yoga to get that muscle and I’m surprised by how long it has stayed. Probably all the hefting around I’ve been doing 💪
    Keep it up everyone! xx

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi All

Sorry for my silence, I’ve missed checking into my “home” thread for a while but I’ve had a bit to deal with.

Kafin, I really like your idea of talking about the parts of our bodies we like, rather than the bits we don’t! I’m with you, Sunny, I’m quite pleased to see my collarbones beginning to appear. And weirdly, I’ve always liked my waist. OK there’s still way too much of it, lol, but it’s always *there*, even when I was at my absolute heaviest. So it always lets me keep a curvy silhouette, even if the curve is rather larger than it should be. I like that. (But don’t worry folks, I still really dislike my stomach lol)

And I did not know that jeans are cut out in huge piles, so measurements are not at all consistent, depending on where they are in the depth of the pile!! That explains so much, where the fit of something can change significantly just because it’s in a different colour. And indeed, that it could change fit even in the same colour, though I wouldn’t normally try two apparently identical garments on. Though maybe I will in future, now that I know how they’re made…

6T, I shouldn’t say this (and Wendleg will no doubt tell me off!) but have you looked up coolsculpting? I’m not recommending it, I’ve never had it, I don’t know if it works, but it would be less invasive than lipo (which to be honest makes me slightly queasy, it just seems so *violent*). So I just thought I’d mention it in case you hadn’t found it. But like I say, please don’t think I’m recommending it!!

My scales are mostly creeping down just now, and while there are a few blips I think the trend is encouraging. But as I have said often, my weight yo yos so I’m not counting chickens yet. I think a lot of it may be down to recent stress to be honest, and on balance I don’t think it’s worth it. But then again, I could have had the stress with no change on the scales, so I guess this is a better outcome 😊

Hope everyone’s having a good week,
    Elky

on

Elky, I didn’t know either about the way jeans are cut. That makes so much sense!
    I went to buy a couple of pairs the other day and went to a fancy brand that make beautiful jeans in a sustainable way. While I was in the shop, a man came in and wanted to purchase a pair for his gf who was a size 10. The sales person strongly advised against buying before trying which I found odd. But then I picked two jeans of the same size and same model/cut just different colour and the fit is completely different! One fits me well now, I can put it on, zip it up, while the other will need me to shift 4-5kg before getting there…!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Boo to the great jeans conspiracy….My size 12s might have been bottom of the cutting pile, and the size 10s at the top….
    Elky, I had not heard of “coolsculpting”. I do have some frozen peas in the freezer, so might try a DIY approach. I will report back on my findings. But from what I have gathered, it claims to “destroy” fat cells, whereas from what I have read on here, at best they just collapse on the “whoosh” principle. In Anglo-Saxon terms, it strikes me as possible b*ll*c*s. But hey ho. Anyone else with cash to splash, let us know! My waist is re-emerging, so I’m rather envious you’ve always had one! It was a great idea Kafin to get us to accentuate the positives! And lovely to hear from Duckie! All best to all.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Elky , I wouldn’t dream of telling you off 😉 Good to see you back and I am glad you are recovering from recent stresses .Like 6T I had never heard of ‘coolsculpting’ . Is it a speciality from Oz like Vegemite ??
    Oooh the idea of a bag of frozen peas on your ( I am sure not so jelly) belly makes my eyes water, 6T !
    I am with you on the curves, Elky ! Embrace those curves! I often mention my (ample) bosoms and bloomers on here and have always accepted my generous dimensions but it appears I have been wearing the wrong size bra 😉 so I am not so ample any more !!! 🙂 I think my dresses look better now my boobs have been correctly hoiked up.

Sorry if this is too much information ( I should possibly post this on the Positives Thread too 😉 )
    Hope everyone is having a good Week xx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I think Verano has posted that she goes to Rigby & Peller, who hoike up HMQ’s bosoms no less…I agree that does make a difference (so I should go and be properly fitted…). xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

ooh yes 6T I have heard that Rigby and Peller are stupendous boob hoikers but probably a bit pricey for me. I would love a fitting though ….xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just wishing everyone a good weekend whatever you are doing. Birdy will be returning soon after her holiday.🤗 It seems lots of people are away at the moment I hope lots of you will find your way back to the thread as the summer holidays begin to draw to a close. I am not thinking about work just yet…plenty of time xx Happy Bank holiday weekend to those in the UK xx

on

Glorious Saturday morning here, the sun is shining and it’s cold and crisp, one of those beautiful winter days.
    I can log my results for my 10th week on this WOE and I’m pumped cause I have maintained my loss from before holidays. So I effectively maintained weight despite 10 days with daily beers and more carbs than I would have wished for. All meals were rice based. However I stayed away from all other carbs outside of beer and rice and focussed on fat/proteins and feeling satiety.
    I’ve been back 5 days and dropped all the water gain or whatever else thanks to an egg fast and 2 water fast days. Loving this WOE 🎉
    It’s a revelation for me to know that I was so much looking fwd to getting back to it and that I can easily maintain while relaxing a bit for some special occasions.
    No more special occasions until Christmas, so I’ll have a lot of time to shift the 7lbs that keep me away from my initial goal.
    KOKO!

• posted by Amethyst
    on

Hi,
    Id like to join this weekly thread to help me stay committed. I’m just coming to the end of week 1 (round 3 🙄) and am determined to keep on with this woe once I’ve lost the weight. Previously, old habits crept in far too quickly and the weight piled on again.
    Great to hear all your stories… I didn’t know that about jeans either but it totally makes sense!
    Well done LK for getting back on this after your holiday. Inspirational and you must feel great.
    Kafin, love the idea of saying positive things, I love my collar bone/top of shoulders. Am thinking that some decently fitted bras could be my treat when I hit my goal.
    Bee girl ~ id also like to be in your kitchen with a lovely cup of tea surrounded by all those aromas… beats my Yankee candles!
    Happy Saturday ☀️

• posted by Maisiebeth
    on

Only just come across this thread, what a lovely idea. I always find it so much easier to set smaller targets in smaller chunks, 2lb a week rather than 8lb a month.
    Body positivity is such a big thing at the moment, my daughter follows Bodyposipanda on instagram who embraces and celebrates her curves but although I want to believe I am beautiful no matter what size I am, it takes a bit more self confidence than I possess at the moment! But if I had to pick some things I like about my body I would pick my eyes which are large and brown and my height. Being tall I think it is easier to camoflage and may be a bit more forgiving of some extra weight.
    Thoroughly recommend getting a proper bra fitting. I have a gg cup size and so proper upholstery is essential to stop my boobs resting on my waistband. I go to Marks and Spencer and they are brilliant and produce bras without all the seams on the cup which can show and look a bit middle aged.
    This week has been spent losing the weight I put on last weekend (3lb) plus a couple of lb more which is fantastic.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Good to hear you are committed, Amethyst ! Keep posting and we will keep you motivated! Don’t worry about the old habits, you will be establishing new ones for life ! I hope you feel confident posting on the thread. No need to fear , we are a very friendly, non judgmental bunch although I am gaining a reputation for being the resident nagger !! Very gentle nagging, and always with your best interests at heart !! I see that you first posted in 2017. It’s great that you are back with renewed determination and willing to participate actively .We will do everything we can to help you, Amethyst.By the way I am a teacher too, and the staff room goodies have no appeal for me 😉

Welcome Maisiebeth and all the very best to you, too.From your previous posts I see that you have made a great start so stay with us and you will discard those remaining pounds.
    I hope the weekend is going well for everyone. I am wondering if we are going to see a rush of newcomers as September beckons ? Everyone is welcome !

• posted by wendleg
    on

Coincidence…an email from M and S popped into my inbox today entitled “Are you wearing the right size bra ?” . Probably not 😉
    I can’t book a complimentary fitting though because they closed the shop in Toulouse many years ago …..a sad day .
    Ladies in the Uk , take advantage of the offer 😉
    I definitely look better in my clothes with a smaller size though, for sure !

• posted by Amethyst
    on

Hi Wendy,
    It’s so depressing to see my posts of 2017 and see I’m still in the same position 🥴 I hadn’t thought of looking at profiles but when I looked back it gave me determination to not be in the same place in two years ~ and to keep posting. Well done on your amazing weight loss and that must be so tough not eating bread when living in France!
    I’m quite proud of myself as managed a social evening around a friends house tonight just drinking sparkling water… and I still had fun 😉

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi all – a quick hello as I’m at work for the final two days and it’s my big moment! I have been up late making canapés and I think because I’ve been so busy and stressed about it, I haven’t been interested in the food at all.
    I’ve missed a lot of posts about bras apparently!!
    Have a good weekend all xx

on

Hello all, when does the new thread start? On Tuesday?
    So I’ve reached my goal for this week which was to get back in 5 days to my pre holiday weight and maintain overall loss. 💪
    For this new week (mine go Saturday to Saturday) Id like to drop 1kg.
    Lots of friends came around for afternoon tea yesterday and I made waffles with icing sugar. Didn’t have one and wasn’t even slightly tempted 🤷‍♀️
    They were all commenting on how good I look and how much weight I have lost. 24lbs! 😊

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I like your bra goal, Amythest!! Collar bones emerging seem to be a very popular body part for many people, I’m so glad everyone embraced this idea 💕

• posted by EC
    on

happy Sunday all and everyone seems to be so positive!! (must be all those lovely body parts!) hmmm.bras…I’ve been mostly wearing sports bras for ease for some time, but maybe I need to take it more seriously!! 😉

Amethyst…I’m like you-did this woe two years ago with great results, then got slack and put most of it back on-thankfully the quick body-response is so inspiring that it, along with the support of the forum is so encouraging

I’m minding a friend’s elderly dog for a few days, so our walks have been much less strenuous than usual, BUT I’m pleased to announce that I got out my “longer” yoga DVD …I’d forgotten just how tough some of the standing postures are in this one, so I’m getting my workout (plus some good tummy stretches!)
    Also got out and prepared my last garden bed for Spring planting yesterday….now just need for the likelihood of frost to pass and we’re off! The plum tree is already in blossom and I can see the other fruit trees and the raspberry canes putting out buds already…meanwhile there’s still a fair dusting of snow on the mountain-so beautiful esp when the sun’s out!
    I’m meeting my younger granddaughter and her mum who live in Melbourne for breakfast at the farmers market this morning, so hope there are some good choices (I usually just go to get my weekly veg)…then home to prepare the week’s ready foods…veg stock, mini frittatas, aubergine with harissa, and I’m going to try to emulate the leek and cauliflower soup I had the other morning
    Have a great Sunday all….back to the desk tomorrow!!

• posted by wendleg
    on

2017 is the past, Amethyst. You are looking forward now…you can be where you want to be .You will get there ! Well done on a successful social evening…! No, I don’t miss bread at all . My tastes have changed dramatically over the year ..not feeling deprived is very empowering. I just need to resist my dark choc and nuts 😉

Hi EC ! Hope you had a lovely morning at the Farmers market . I do love a market ! We had a lovely time at the Salamanca market in Hobart but it was busy as it coincided with a cruise arrival !
    I am hoping to get back to yoga in September.It got interrupted because of a couple of surgeries.I need to stay relaxed for my last year at work 😉
    It must feel wonderful to see Spring buds emerging.It’s my favourite time of year. Summer temperatures are pretty intense here.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone ! Birdy is back in the Uk. She will be checking in soon. Missing Allie too !

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Good morning all I am back in the uk and glad the weather is hot here too❤️

I have me had an amazing holiday and have been able to relax properly. I was really good at the beginning of my hols but I did get a little naughty the more it went on. I have confessed my eating sins to Wendy so I won’t bore you all here😂😂. I drank wine everyday though and loved it. I managed TRE and OMAD most days too. So I would get up and have a coupe of cups of coffee and then just water until 4-5pm when we would share a bottle of wine on the beach and eat cheese and cured meats. Then my OH would bbq and I would eat salad or asparagus and mushrooms with my meat. I am sure I have a lot of water retention with all the alcohol but I know I will kick it into touch this week and continue my downward journey to 12-9.

So the damage is an 8lb increase but hey I am still under 15 stone and loving it.🥰🥰. Sorry I haven’t been on but my phone was left at our gite whilst we were out all day. I will catch up and be more productive in posting now that I am home.

Kafin thank you for setting up our home thread. Love and luck to you all. Birdy🦜💞

on

You did very well on your holiday Birdy! I’m suee you had the best time 🙂
    All those lbs must be water weight. I put on 9lbs while in Bali and took me 5 days to shift them thanks to egg fast and some 24 water fast. It helped kick me back into Ketosis quickly and remove the extra water weight.
    //
    On another topic, has anyone read any interesting studies or articles on the management of gestational diabetes? I was talking to a friend and all the advises given by her nutritionist sounded very much like the old way to manage T2 : eat small and frequent meals. And if BS aren’t good they’ll start injecting insulin.
    So I was keen to see if anyone had seen anything on this topic that I could share with her

• posted by alliecat
    on

Welcome home, sweet Birdy! We’ve missed you! Your success to date has gone far beyond a stone or 2, and
    I’m sure that you’ve learned some valuable lessons about vacation choices along the way. Carbs are lethal
    for most of us, and I don’t think we can dismiss every uptick on the scales as “fluid retention”. I believe 110%
    in your commitment to this lifestyle, and you will soon see those extra lbs. behind you! I hope that you enjoyed
    every single moment of your holiday, and I hope that you danced the night away under the stars. We will chat
    soon 🙂

Welcome home to you, EC, Maisie and Amethyst, too. It’s never too late to begin again, and you have an entire
    community here to support you! We either lose or maintain together, and the forums are our secret weapon.
    Very best to all of you 🙂

Allie

on

Great article, thanks @jgwen for being always ever so helpful 😊
    I’ve shared it with my friend and it will give her a chance to research the different option to manager GD. She might event get an early HbA1c test.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Louise
    I found this interview on the diabetes.co.uk forum on a thread discussing gestational diabetes. I wasn’t going to post this as I don’t know the dietician being interviewed but then noticed she is the same dietician referred to in the article JGwen posted from diet doctor. Might be useful.
    https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/gestational-diabetes.167535/#post-2118429 The interview with her is near the bottom of the page. Hope you can access it.
    I’d also go with the tip in the diet doctor article to use the home self-testing kit before and after her meals; she’ll quickly see which foods (and portion sizes) cause spikes in her blood sugars and this should help her to manage her blood sugars as best she can. Even lowering her carbs just a bit should help and as you know she’ll still be able to have lovely nutrient dense food which will help nourish her and the baby. Wishing her well
    Jennie xx

That Sugar Film – for general info – on the same link, above, – the person also posted a copyright free version of this film which I’d heard of but never seen. I’m only half-way through but it’s worth a watch.

Have a good week everyone.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Jennie10, Thank you for posting the link. I have just watched That Sugar Film, and got angry all over again about the sugar industry, processed food and omnipresent fructose. It was a good motivator to keep on the wagon. It was particularly useful to be reminded that all calories are not equal!

on

Yeah That Sugar Movie got me pretty angry at the industrie as well.
    And I remember reading a book from a French doctor decades ago that was saying « if you eat 2,000 calories of French Fries or 2,000 calories of carrots and you’re metabolism is 1,500 you will get fat all the same. Every calories are the same ». 🤪🙄🙄🙄🙄
    And at the time it made sense and I listened to it and trusted it.
    Now Dr Fung labelling it as lazy theory as you don’t need to dig into it too much is so true. But if you think a bit longer it makes so much sense that every food has a different effect on your body, on your hormones, on your brain, etc. I feel so dumb for having believed that doctor years ago.
    Anyway, better late than never 😅

on

And thanks for the link Jennie, I’ve shared it with my friend 🙂

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone
    Just to let you know I have set up the new weekly thread . Thanks Kafin for beng a brilliant host this past Week.
    Hope to see you all over there !
    Wendy x

Please log in or register to post a reply.