One week at a time beginning 28th September 2021 : OCTOBER REBOOT !!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I thought that would be a good idea, to focus on October . September started well for me but I had a few wobbles towards the end of the month, mostly involving apples !!! Oh well could have been worse I suppose . There ‘s always increased motivation as a new month beckons ?

Sorry for my absence last week and I hope to contribute more this week .

So as you know by now … Please continue with us or feel to join us whatever feels good for you .

There is probably a lot more I should say but I have to catch up with last week’s thread first

Let’s hope for a good week folks xxx

Wendy, SunnyB and sunshine girl xxx

• posted by wendleg
    on

I have added shammy . Have I missed anyone ??

Wendleg /Wendy
    SunnyB
    Sunshine girl/Denise
    Florab85 /Lauren
    Onestep
    Elle-mae
    Orange Panda Momma/Amz
    RubyG and hubby
    Windyjulz
    Antigone
    Tulip/Clare
    Arcticfox
    JGwen
    California girl/Julia
    Caronl
    Merry melba
    AlysJ
    Stresseatingpro
    CurryTruck
    Iggyboo
    LindaandHubby
    Annie W
    Handles
    Rockandrolltofu
    shammy

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope you will have a less stressy week this week, Wendy, so you can focus more on your own needs.

Last week was a mixed bag for me, but I am having a last little push to drop a pound or two before the end of this week, when (negative PCR tests permitting) we will be heading off to Turkey.

Don’t worry if last week didn’t go quite to plan, make this week a fresh start and take it a day at a time …. you’ll get there!

• posted by OrangePandaMomma
    on

Amz here again.
    I successfully fasted today, from 7/8pm on Sunday until now, only drinking water and unsweetened black tea. I’ll probably break my fast around noon Tuesday, so that would give me a good 40 or so hours- am i calculating that right? Just now (10:30ish pm Monday) feeling slight hunger pangs, but nothing too bothering. I don’t know why i was so anxious about fasting since my reboot. I used to fast 3x a week for 24 hours when i first started BSD all those years ago. My goal is too relearn how i feel when I’m really hungry instead of simply eating when i see food. I hope this fast will be the beginning of a good week for me food-wise.
    I also completed my workout, which i had skipped during my lazy weekend.
    Welcome back, Wendy. Your firm but sweet responses were missed.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi Wendy, nice to see you back, hope this week is less busy/ stressful for you 😚

I think I did ok on day 1 back on it- it felt strange, but mostly good. Not easy, but I did it.

My google gives me a news feed on my phone. And this came up….about drinking milk at breakfast reducing the blood sugar spike of breakfast (cereal) and the next meal (aimed at T2 diabetics)….there were a couple of glaring issues there to me and I imaging anyone else here…..1) cereal a bad plan and 2) they recommended anyone with T2DM using skimmed milk, nothing more fatty than that. What a load of tosh (except for the actual consumption of milk, which has protein, so that bit is actually not incorrect). You can read it here…..
    https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1496820/diabetes-type-2-drinks-breakfast-low-fat-milk-skim-milk-lower-blood-sugars
    Another one that came up was a study on pomegranate juice which apparently is a good drink for diabetics as after drinking it blood sugars are not shown to rise, but insulin levels do rise…..errr……?! Mad 😂
    https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/drink-lowers-blood-sugar-levels-21663351.amp

Any thoughts welcome, or if u think I misread anything!!! I won’t be reaching for the pomegranate juice, lol.

Day 2 here we come….!!

Love to all xxxxx

• posted by RubyG
    on

Ooh, the new weekly thread, with October in the title already!
    October 2020 is when hubby and I started this WOE, and it has been revolutionary! A year on and he will have lost about 7 stone, and is still losing a little every week, while I have lost about 2.5 stone from when I started, and over the weekend he fitted into his tux (not worn in more than 20 years) and I fitted into my wedding dress (not worn since 1989!).
    A bit heavier this morning than last Friday, but planning an on-plan week (I always say that).
    ODAAT!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, Welcome back Wendy and take good care of yourself.

Tulip I think it is fair to say that most things you read in a newspaper is a pile of do do. 🙂 Just read the articles and cannot understand why they are still saying we should have sugar and low fat (cereal and skimmed milk) when we know that carbs are bad for us and fat is our friend. Possibly skimmed milk is okay as it doesnt replace the fat with sugars or fillers (at least I hope not) and I drink it because it had become my norm and when I went back to full fat it gave me an upset stomach and my husband too. There are only a couple of people talk sense when it comes to diabetes and we know they are MM, Prof Taylor and Dr Unwin – plus a few others, Bikman, Gary thingy and so on. And Dr Fung. But not Zoe – she seems to very much tow the medical (dis) belief and is still old school. Just stick with BSD. On the subject of pomegraite, it comes under studies like the one for beetroot juice. Yes they are good for you but why bother when you can have water. They are not some miracle cure but maybe an alternative for those who dont follow out woe. One thing about both pomegranite and beetroot is if you buy the stuff on a supermarket shelf you are getting as much sugar as sugar. An 8oz or normal glass of pome contains around 36g of sugar and beetroot around 25g per same size glass, so hardly diabetic friendly. I gave up looking for miracles when I found this woe and know that it works.

I havent quite given up trying to lose a bit more before my holiday but the closer it get the more stressed I get and sort of dont make the effort. Also, no pool so no real exercise. After my break I will get back on board with the serious stuff of 800 cals and get out the exercise cd’s and Youtube yoga. Fortunately, daughter has some free guest passes for her gym so I wont be getting away with much and I never go back to eating carbs except the alcoholic type. Hey ho. Going to enjoy my time away.

Sorry if I am not being very motivational but sometimes that is how it is. Sorry if I am not being very motivational just now. Covid booster jab postponed but will be done tomorrow.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Hi all
    Glad to see you back Wendy, take care on the stress front.
    Congrats Ruby on getting back into your wedding dress that must have felt good and to hubby too on his weight loss.
    Amz not sure I could fast that long. Normally do roughly 16/8 feeling bit light headed today between brekkie and lunch so had a handful of cashews. Still not 100% after lunch so having a sir down between tasks. I have stopped my 2 1/2 mile walks due to the rain although it’s sunny right now but we keep getting sudden showers so don’t trust it. Instead I am doing 3 10 mins on the exercise bike each day, to ensure it adds up to the same calorie count.
    I saw those same articles Tulip and my OH’s Dad informed me that pomegranate juice would help with blood sugar, he must have read it too. OH’s Mum is also diabetic but although I have given MM book she just says I can’t do that and tells me how ‘good’ she is being, having just cereal for brekkie and a sarne for lunch, just a little scone/biscuit here and there and she won’t have any dinner. You can lead a horse to water …….

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Ruby- fab results!!
    SG….nuts eh (articles)? Hope your hol is going to be a good stress reliever x
    Elle-Mae….yes horse to water good analogy 😂
    Well day 2…..finding it quite hard work!! I really wanted to eat the cookies at work today, but I didn’t…I had a brazil nut and coffee with a bit of milk instead and then ate my salad for lunch…..but, wow, I remember having a conversation about eating your feelings a while back on here and I didn’t think that was my biggest problem but having to restart makes me realise just how much I WAS doing that…not that I am feeling awful, just busy and stressed…sigh….
    Glad you’re ok Wendy.
    Re the fasts….omg, I’m not sure if I could!! I find it hard enough getting down to 800 cals!! I am re-kindling my TRE though, which I can’t believe I had let go so badly….nothing drastic though, just about 13 hrs by having the evening meal quite early and no snacking after.
    Love to all,
    Tulip xxx

on

RubyG, there is a journalist who is paying £200 for a photo of anyone wearing an item of clothing when they were 21 (or thereabouts). If you are interested in entering in your wedding dress I can give you full details. It is a follow up to the report that people who are still the same size as at 21 are less likely to suffer from diabetes and Sam is just interested in the fitting into the outfit part, not medical history.

• posted by Antigone
    on

Wow some excellent results…I wish RubyG and hubby were my neighbours. The positivity is amazing. So after advice from a few of you on here ( many thanks) my Renpho scales have arrived! I have entered measurements and weight so theres no hiding or excuses now! My old scales weren’t far off as it turns out but were very inconsistent. I love that I get a sound to celebrate a loss ( easily amused me!) with the new scales and I love an app.! Good luck all 🙂

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone . Feeling more positive about stuff today following a more sympathetic and attentive meeting with the team who are in charge of care for my friend’s son . It has restored our trust in a system which at times appears dysfunctional and lacking in empathy but I guess they are stretched like many other institutions.

So my yoga teacher didn’t have to totally put me back together today and I wasn’t preoccupied with stuff I had to do . She is brilliant and knows exactly what I need .

It will be a long process but I can relax a bit and let others deal with the situation now .

Amz well done on your fasting ! Indeed it is nothing to fear but you must listen to your body and eat something if you get wobbly as Elle-Mae says . My weekly routine is to do as you did, to fast from Sunday evening until Tuesday lunch time ( if that feels ok) and I agree that reconnecting with the sensation of hunger is key . Otherwise we would chomp all day ! I am so glad you are feeling happier and thinking more of your own needs. Well done on your continuing exercise because I know that helps you too xx

Tulip/ Clare I understand about ‘ eating your feelings too’ but you sound in touch right now so you can recognise the dangers and triggers . It is hard being so busy and stressed though and those moments of weakness when we are a bit fragile can lead to us feeling we ‘deserve ” that treat .. cookie or whatever .That’s good that you had a stand by .

Lauren how are you right now ?

STRESS ……. Hmmmm

I recently discovered pastels and have been using the rare moments lately when I have a bit of time to just start practising drawing with soft pastels . I started with a botanical colouring book and enjoyed that and decided to progress to something slightly more creative . I ‘m pretty cr*p at the moment !!! but I am enjoying practising and the way it is relaxing and satisfying . I have found some books and pre loved decent quality pastels on Vinted ( of course) so I am not spending a fortune while I experiment . I even found a table easel for 10€ !
    I think in a previous life I would have reached for the Dairy Crunch in times of stress but I wouldn’t try munching these pastels !!

So just do your best folks , forgive yourself a slight BSD deviation but maybe not let it linger so you lose control and start self sabotaging . Just come on here and shout for help.

Thinking of Sunny and SG who are about to venture on their travels . Thinking too of anyone in the UK caught up in the fuel shortage/delivery crisis . What a mess . That only happens in France when strike action blocks the fuel depots . Strikes are frequent here .

Thanks everyone for your concern by the way . I really appreciate it xx

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi all, a quick one from me just to say hello and welcome back to Wendy, we missed you and sending lots of love and hugs your way!

Also love and hugs to anyone else who needs it! S-g you sound a bit down, Antigone, Amz, of course Tulip – all have some!!

Will post more later in the week, just been so unbelievably busy and stressed, however having said that I finally reached boiling point with one of my frustrations today (colleague not pulling his weight) which has been simmering in the background – he pushed me over the edge today and I unleashed hurricane Lauren on him – felt quite good!!

Take care all

Lauren xx

on

Hello. I ended my fast Tuesday, just shy of 47 hours. I didn’t feel hungry but considering my health, I thought it better to eat. I am okay today. I didn’t sleep well so I feel tired all day. I hope everyone’s day is going well. I’ll check in later this week.

Also, for those who have the Day 800 cookbook, are these recipes in it: Spiced breakfast plums and Pear & cinnamon porridge?
    I was perusing the internet and came across them. The site said they are from MM’s cookbook, but is orange juice and oats okay on this WOE? It seemed contradictory. 🤔

• posted by RubyG
    on

Morning all from a grey and mis English autumnal morning.
    Hubby is off to the office today so I’m trying a 16:8 today and will eat at midday.
    Thanks SG for the suggestion of the journalist and clothing fitting from age 21 (I was 21 when I got married, so that works) – although the £200 is very tempting, I think I’ll pass, I really don’t like the spotlight. I did see an article in the Daily Fail with photos of people in their age 21 clothes, and the last thing I want is to appear in the Mail 🙂

I do have a question for people on here – konjac noodles?
    Not normally something I’d try, but I saw a pouch of these in the shape of rice, and thought I’d give them a try. The purpose is to take something like this on lightweight bikepacking trips, as pre-BSD we probably would have heated a sachet of savoury rice and/or other sachet meal (Look What We Found usually) for a simple supper which could be cooked in a Jetboil.
    However, googling them last night they seem to be banned in Oz, possibly banned in the US, and come with warnings about bloating and stomach upsets – the last thing we would want when sleeping in a tent in a field. Hubby has had a bad reaction to Jerusalem Artichoke soup once before, so I’m hesitant. Obviously we will try them at home first to see if we like them (no point in taking food we don’t like) and make sure we can tolerate them.
    So, any views on konjac noodles are most welcome!

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi Ruby, I’ve tried the konjac noodles and rice before – they are “ok” – no flavour at all but a bit of a weird texture, sort of soft and crunchy at the same time – they are alright if you can get past the texture thing (I struggle with texture so I can’t but you might be ok) and I think the key is don’t expect them to taste like rice or pasta or even feel like rice or pasta because they don’t!

Lauren x

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

florob85 I tried both the konjac noodles and rice last week, they were ok texture rubbery but tasteless, the rice was better but that was because the chilli I had with it was so flavourful. I looked up how to prepare it and you need to rinse them thoroughly under running water and then boil for 10 mins, then dry fry in a frying pan to get them as dry as possible. This helps to get rid of the fishy flavoured water they are packed in and reduces the rubbery texture. The first time I didn’t do the boiling and dry fried over a low heat, this was the noodles to be had with Bolognese. Not sure if all this prep would be suitable for a camping trip.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Weighing in on the konjak products, as others have said, they’re okay but have a rather odd texture and absolutely no flavour. Of course, this does mean they lend themselves to strongly flavoured sauces and they also add bulk without high cals and carbs. For me they’re not something to use routinely, only very very occasionally for a change in meal format. Personally, I have not experienced any gastric issues after eating them.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Thanks for the responses on the konjac products.
    I guess if their purpose is to provide a feeling of “fullness” with no taste or nutritional value, and require a bit of a faff to prep where access to fresh water may be limited, I may not bother.
    I’ll try the pack I have, as I can’t abide food waste, although these seem to be skirting my definition of food 🙂
    I suppose I would rather have a small portion of a higher cal, higher fat supper and not feel hungry without having to also feel full. I’ll let you know how I get on.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

I have changed my walking from 1 hr walking to 3 10min bursts on the exercise bike, calories burned are roughly the same, but I have stopped losing weight. I stopped the walking due to the weather, also my sciatica has flared up and cycling is easier on the pain
    Anyone got any suggestions, should I resume the walking or up the bike (should add I don’t like the bike much)

• posted by florob85
    on

Elle-mae – exercise is only at most something like 20% of weight loss, although it does of course have other benefits for well-being etc. Although not if you are like me and suffer from chronic fatigue that flares on exertion!

Regarding intensity – HIIT is shown to be the most effective in “calorie burn” – this is short sharp bursts of very active intensity – you can do this walking – walk normally for 10 mins then as fast as you can (or even just lifting legs higher or swinging arms more) for a minute then repeat. The key is with exercise is you have to enjoy it, if it’s making you miserable or in pain you won’t stick with it. Sadly I had to accept a long time ago that my tolerance with any form of exercise, even gentle walking is just not good for my body and energy levels and I have to plan it in or pace myself very carefully or it makes me very ill.

Keep doing whatever makes you happy, be kind to yourself if the progress is slow, and remember you’re doing amazing!!

• posted by Handles
    on

Hi all,
    Just checking in.
    I’ve stopped weighing everything as it just made me think I could fit a few extra nuts in etc. if I was under and if I was over I would think its only 50 kcal and eat it anyway. Weekly weigh in tomorrow so I’ll let you know if it has worked.
    I have also given up looking for 0 calorie fillers like konjac noodles as they just seem to make my stomach think it has more food coming than it actually does and I start craving a couple of hours later.
    Exercise wise I have switched from my normal row every other day to a HIIT rowing session every other day. A lot less fun but supposed to be better for me and takes less time. Still using resistance bands and pull ups on the days I’m not rowing.
    My two big original fears were surviving night shifts and the fact the rest of my family were still eating chocolates and pizza. Anyway my colleague has been called off to do a project till Christmas so now me and my other colleague will be alternating earlies and lates so no nights 🙂
    Also my wife has decided to join me although she is on day 3 and really struggling (Keto Flu?).
    We have promised ourselves a Spa hotel stay when we have both hit our targets.
    Food for today:
    12:00 – Rocket tomato cucumber and sweet pepper salad with a little tinned salmon in olive oil mixed in.
    18:00 Fillet steak with celeriac chips and broccoli and just a tiny amount of blue Stilton crumbled over the steak.
    Hopefully an ok loss this week which will take me to less than 2 stone to go.

• posted by florob85
    on

Handles I’m about to teach but your wife’s keto flu – it does get better but it’s horrid!! Best thing she can do at the moment is alllllllll the water, add a pinch of salt to her water or drink a cup of broth (it’s the salt that helps), add salt to food and make sure enough healthy fats – there’s not a lot of fat in your days diet plan apart from the olive oil in the salmon so try and encourage her to eat a bit more fat in there somewhere, and tell her it does get better but it’s quite normal to feel quite rough – I suffer with keto flu if I go off plan even for a day so I’m obviously very sensitive to carbs, and I know how rotten it feels!!

Lauren x

on

Ruby: I’m late, but on Konjac noodles- i like them. The brand i eat here (US) is Pasta Zero. I typically use them when my family eats ramen as a substitute for regular noodles. I don’t have them often because i consider them expensive (1 lb pasta=<$1 while a 2 serving pack of pasta zero is $2.50).

Elle-Mae- i hate my treadmill. I prefer to walk outside if i have to walk but i rarely get the chance. My workouts consist of exercise videos from FitnessBlender.com. There’s hundreds of videos to choose from and include a good variety of low impact options.

I’m feeling better than i was yesterday- i guess i was just exhausted and a good night’s sleep helped. Today I’m having chaffles for breakfast with Turkey bacon and then baked chicken with veggies (carrots, celery, green beans) for dinner. My goal for the day is to boost my water intake.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

florob85 and OrangePandaMomma thank you for your replies. As it stopped raining I decided to do a different walk, not in the countryside but through the village until I ran out of pavement. 45 mins and about 3/4 of the calories and will do some bike later. See how that works.

on

Hi all, glad you are all looking after each other. On the very late subject of konjac products. I have decided that even the real thing – pasta and rice -have absolutely no taste and only provided something to fill the plate and mop up a sauce. For that reason I really dont miss them and, on trying Konjac thought they were slimey and horrible.

Elle-mae, you have already been given the right advice regarding exercise. It is great for the heart, lungs, blood pressure etc but has only a small impact on weight and almost none on weight loss. I find it keeps my weight steady all other things being equal i.e. sticking to the food plan and helps tone me up as much as a wobbly 68 year old can.

Lauren, you are nearly right. I am not exactly down, just a bit overwhelmed with everything that is going on. House up for sale, daughter bombarding me with Rightmove links to look at when we go back next week, lab tests, doctors appt, mammogram and then yesterday my 3rd Covid jab. Looking forward to going back for a couple of weeks but feeling nervous at the same time as it has been nearly 2 years since we travelled. I will be fine once my case is packed and I am organised and ready.

No bad reaction to the jab except severe arm pain and going into my neck so had a very bad nights sleep. Got up to go to the toilet around 4 am and started to shiver and shake and thought it was me reacting. Got up this morning to find hubby had clicked on the heating as it got to 6 degrees last night, so that was probably why I felt so cold and shakey.

Even though I am not motivated right now I have managed to get back down to my weight I was for the doctors visit. It is just my diet, even when I am not strict I dont eat carbs and generally eat the same amounts – no extras and no snacks. Hope to lose abother half a kilo by Wednesday but not too worried.

Take care everyone and have a good week.

on

You all seem a little bit quiet out there. Let us know what is going on with you.

Today I start packing my suitcase and have been trying on varies clothes, lots more I can get into. Feeling sort of motivated having lost around 1kg this week and now 0.3kg under my earlier weight. Still a few days to go so hope to get down further.

Wendy, so nice you have discovered the calming feeling of drawing. I am still doing an oil painting (paint by number) of my grandsons from a photo taken at a recent wedding, so they are smart!!! Not sure if daughter wants it or if I should keep it. She is very off when I mention it saying ‘nah mum, it wont fit in my toilet’. I know she is joking but dont want it to sit in a tube, unless she keeps it until we move over.

Not much more to say, just keeping house spotless in case there is a viewing. Cleaning the oven this afternoon – hate that job. Our estate agent is looking after the cats while we are away and we will have to teach her how to feed them (how much etc) and how to work the house alarm.

Will try to pop in before we head off. Take care everyone.

• posted by Onestep
    on

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone’s having a good week, bit late checking in been a busy week.

Been adapting to 5:2/4:3 who knows I’m not sure what I’m doing at the moment, as it’s so difficult to not slip back into 800 a day but added in a few extra bits which has been good and still loosing so happy with that and sure will adapt soon enough.

Enjoy your weekend xx

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi All,

Hey Lauren, lovely to hear from u 😚
    Thanks for checking up on us SG….I’m not well physically atm and now I’m getting frustrated and down because I haven’t been up to doing my usual exercise, chores, hobbies, essentials etc. And my eating is consequently not going so well……
    Hope everyone else’s weekends qre going better than mine..
    Love to all xxxxx

• posted by florob85
    on

Hey all

Tulip sorry to hear you’re having a rough weekend and feeling ill physically, sending big hugs xx

S-g – you must be getting so excited for your trip now but I completely get it might be stressful too! Sounds like you’re doing fab with all the prep though! Be kind to yourself x

Everyone else be kind to themselves too!

I’ve had such an extremely busy week, and weekend. Work is absolutely crazy, but I’ve also been trying to distract myself if I’m honest. Some of you may remember my partner and I were going to start “trying” earlier in the year……well we did. And with no success, or so we thought, but sadly I suffered a miscarriage two weeks ago – I didn’t know I was pregnant until I wasn’t so I think that makes it a bit easier but also a bit harder at the same time. It’s all been a lot to process, so I’ve been trying to keep busy!

Anyway, hope everyone is muddling along as best you can, remember be kind!!

Lauren x

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

SG hope you have a great time away x
    Tulip I hope you start to feel better soon.
    florob85 I feel for you I went though a similar experience many years ago. Pregnant with the coil fitted and then told at the 10 week scan that there was no heartbeat and having to go in for a D & C 2 days later for all to be removed 😢.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

thank you Lauren and Elle-Mae 😚
    Lauren, I’m so sorry to hear about the miscarriage, take good care of yourself and enough time to process it.
    Much love, Tulip xxx

• posted by Onestep
    on

Ah Lauren and Elle I am so sorry to hear this, I hope you are looking after yourselves.

Hope you are feeling a bit better too tulip

Sg have a lovely holiday, hopefully it was be restful.

Xx

• posted by Onestep
    on

Will be*

• posted by Tulip1
    on

thank you Onestep 😚

• posted by Antigone
    on

Big hugs to Lauren, Tulip and Elle…hope you are feeling better.
    I am very happy with my new scales – thank you for the advice. I love having all the body stats to look at on the app. I wondered if any of you have the Renpho digital tape measure that links with the app.?
    Happy holidays SG.
    I still have to catch up with the posts I missed when off line…looks like you’ve had a tough time Wendy so hugs to you also. With these weekly threads should we post our results at the start or the end – maybe some accountability would be helpful?

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone
    So sorry to hear of ongoing personal struggles and sadness . You are absolute stars, you keep going and check in despite feeling ill/down etc . Sending massive hugs to anyone struggling . We are always stronger together remember and we care about each other .

Feeling a bit less under pressure here, things are settling with my friend and his son and it may be that a decision will be overturned but waiting on that . I have found some time to continue my tootling with pastels and learning a few more techniques. It’s a lovely thing .

Today is my routine weekly fasting time . It might get harder as the weather gets colder but I can switch it up and just do a 24h stretch if need be .

Thinking of Sunny in Turkey and SG about to set off for the UK on Wednesday. It’s a bit weird but I am feeling hesitant and lacking in motivation to get on a plane right now . Not sure if we will venture over to the UK at Christmas . Is it a result of the covid crisis that I am getting a bit reclusive ?? I don’t fancy putting myself through the stress of travel but it’s not good . No chance of getting to Australia just yet either .

Antigone , feel free to post your results any time. We all weigh at different times ( very rarely for me and daily for others) but of course if it helps with accountability, choose your time each week and let us know .In the early days ( from September 2018 !! ) I used to weigh weekly and right the numbers down in my journal/notebook .
    I will be back later to set up the new weekly thread xx

Wendy xx

• posted by RubyG
    on

I’ve been quite of late, and barely managed to catch up with the posts.
    Sorry to hear of struggles and challenges, life has a way of throwing stuff at us, doesn’t it?
    I am away at the place with dodgy scales, so won’t be weighing again until next week, but we did have an off-plan dessert yesterday – chocolate brownie and ice-cream! It was part of a meal catered for others, my excuse was I haven’t been berry-picking (coming to an end now anyway) or shopping, so a store-cupboard dessert was my only option – chocolate and ale brownies – oops!
    It’s only the second time I’ve ever made brownies, they were good as far as brownies go – hubby and I had a smaller potion each than our guests, and I sent the balance of the brownies home with the guests! Main course yesterday was BSD-on plan, so damage limitation in part.
    I did notice last night that I was particularly hungry, probably the carb monster had awoken, but we had a small on-plan supper and milk kefir, plus on-plan breakfast this morning (poached eggs and sauteed tomato) and chicken broth for lunch, with cod for supper tonight.
    And lots of water today!
    I part of one meal – just need to make sure it doesn’t become a habit – slippery slope etc.
    Anyway, ODAAT, and today will be a good one.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I am about to set up the new weekly thread, folks xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.