One week at a time beginning 1st June 2021

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Time to turn over a page on the 2021 calendar as June begins ! Hopefully the improving weather will boost spirits and keep us motivated. Almost half way through the year !

New month, new start ?

If you are flagging a bit, don’t stay away . We will always welcome you back, no judgement . You will be among friends .

Let’s just keep doing what we always do, celebrating victories , sharing experiences and very importantly offering a helping hand when things get tough .

Wishing everyone a great week !

Wendy, SunnyB and sunshine girl xxx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Jeremy you are on the list now ! Please stay with us !!

wendleg, Sunny B, sunshine girl
    JGwen
    sixturkeys
    Starina
    Verano
    ADD6605 ( Dawn)
    Riccoh
    Russianroulade
    Tulip1 ( Clare)
    Mifoz
    MerryMelba
    Maryanne Carlos-Mascarenhas
    WindyJulz
    articfox
    Olive1
    lauraknits
    Marsie (Marilyn)
    EllieAllegra
    EC:Erin
    Hello66
    Jordana
    Alipetunia/Alison
    RubyG and hubby
    Ditchedthemet
    Dizzychicken
    SlinkyTinks
    LonelyAdipose
    Emzijw
    Barefoot girl
    Life Diet
    allicat1A ( Allie, formerly alliecat !)
    RedRooster
    nhatha3432
    sprox
    skittle
    Daisybean
    workingfromthe fridge
    Bombalone
    PSL68
    ScottM
    florobo85/Lauren
    Tamara1
    MillieMoo/Claire
    SummerTwinkles/ Summer
    Sheila Canning
    JustKeepFasting
    Bryla
    kiltgirl
    Deb2003
    Donnadoobie
    HappiR
    WilLuck
    PaulaZ
    Faithlyn67
    Onetowatch
    nicnocgee
    Smead01 ( Samantha)
    Goforgoal
    Britta
    Mokovex
    DebOflo
    Riverrock
    HopefulinOz/Donna
    Quetzal
    Onnipinoy
    Magicbean
    Pashasmum
    avisamuelgrey
    scotsgirl57
    Annamarieboo
    peanutbutty
    erinmc82
    Kat2020
    xx1flump1xx
    Ncij678
    LizzieTOFI
    Jeremy Fisher

• posted by Russianroulade
    on

Hi all,
    I dropped off back in March round about the time of our fertility treatment. Sadly it didn’t work out this time. So whilst we wait to start again, I am going to use this opportunity to attempt to lose a bit more weight. Please no pity. I am fine, sometimes these things just don’t work out. I’ve gained 4 pounds since March, so would like to try and shift another stone if possible. I have a friend’s 40th birthday in July and a dinner out with friends, so would like to use those as a goal to motivate me.
    One of the unintended consequences of all the fertility treatment etc, is that I have effectively been the total for most of this year. I was a bit worried the sunshine would tempt me back to glasses of wine, but I’m going to see if I can stay off the booze for the next 7 weeks until my friend’s 40th, as I’m sure that will all help.
    So lovely to read some familiar names and hello to those of you who have joined in the time I have been away.
    Come on everyone let’s do this!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Good to see you Russianroulade ! You can achieve those goals and most people would agree that staying off the booze as much a possible would be beneficial. Some celebrations to look forward to which must feel great after being away from friends for so long . 7 weeks is a good target . Can you plan out those weeks on an app or if you are like me in an old fashioned notebook, seeking out meal plans and recipe ideas to keep you on track ? Those weeks will gallop by !

Hopefully decent weather in our part of the world will give you the necessary boost to get outdoors more too . What is Winter like in your part of Australia Hopeful/ Donna ? My boys are in Cairns and just have the windy , wet season to negotiate rather than the cold .

Check in when you can folks . It’s lovely to see people coming back xx

• posted by florob85
    on

Thanks for the new thread Wendy

Welcome back Russianroulade!

I’m feeling a little more out of the wilderness today, and like I might be starting to get on top of some things. I’m just trying to get through tomorrow with the in laws, I’m going to be honest I’m quite frightened. I’ve only met my SIL twice, but last time we met her for a few drinks, I thought it had all gone fine, then I found out afterwards that because Craig asked me if it was ok to stay for another drink (because we live in the butt end of nowhere and he wanted to check we wouldn’t miss our train), that that was me apparently controlling every aspect of his life and him needing to ask me permission for things (which he does not!) and that spiralled into accusations (with no come back from me I hasten to add) of me ruining his life and making him unhappy. This was coinciding with the fact he hates London more than I do, and was in his final year of uni and really stressed – but of course I was the one making him unhappy.

Anyway, so that’s the last time I saw her and let’s say finding all this out at the same time the work incident was happening that triggered my PTSD didn’t help! So all I feel is fear at the moment, but I’ll try and get through tomorrow and then refocus on Wednesday.

Wish me luck everyone

Lauren xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just a thought Lauren . Try not to attach too much importance to what others think of you . It is pretty much out of your control and you are not responsible for their behaviour and it’s exhausting having to justify yourself, needlessly . You should not be judged and you don’t need their approval . You have your relationship with Craig, who cares what they think ????

Don’t be fearful, get your power pants on and don’t allow anyone to destabilize you !

Am I being a bit bossy again , sorry . I just hate it when people are unkind . Maybe those people are just unhappy and can’t project joy and positivity . I give those folk a wide berth

• posted by florob85
    on

Oh no not bossy at all Wendy, you’re completely right, and very sweet to say so! I absolutely know I shouldn’t worry about what people think, it’s just sometimes im better at that than others!

L x

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just came across this ……

” You can’t control how other people receive your energy . Anything you do or say gets filtered through the lens of whatever they are going through at the moment, which is not about you . Just keep doing your thing with as much integrity and love as possible ”

Nanea Hoffman

Lauren , tomorrow will be ok, it will xxx

• posted by florob85
    on

I like that quote Wendy thank you x

• posted by HopefulinOz
    on

Morning everyone. We are waking up to the first day of winter here, so for all of those waking up to their first day of summer, I envy you! Wendy, I really can’t complain. Winters are quite mild here – we might dip into the minus degrees on the odd occasion in the middle of the night, but by midday most days we usually hit at least 10 degrees celsius. I have found myself getting increasingly cold as I have lost weight, so I have bought lots of lovely merino wool thermals for this winter especially. Our house is beautifully cool in summer, but sadly quite cold in winter, but we do have a wonderful open fire, and one of my favourite ways to spend the rainy winter evenings is with a good book in front of a roaring fire, so I am looking forward to doing more of that this winter!

Russianroulade – welcome!!! A stone in 7 weeks sounds like a perfect goal!

Lauren – every time you get nervous, just remember- you & Craig – all that matters. Wendy, your quote was perfect. We can’t control anybody else, or their perceptions. I remember a person once explained that same concept to me, and she said ‘it is actually none of our business what other people think of us’. I struggled to understand that at first, but it is so true. We don’t need to spend any of our energy trying to affect other peoples feelings about us, and we don’t need to waste any energy being anybody but ourselves. Lauren, I have no doubt that you are a good person. That is all that matters. If the SIL can’t see that, it is her who misses out, not you. Just be you, you don’t have to be anything else.

I had my weekly weigh in this morning. Only 200g down since last week, but given I have fit in a cafe brunch, a birthday celebration (with 2 slices of birthday cake …oops), and TOTM, a small discard still left a smile on my face. Even better was seeing my body fat % dip to below 30% for the first time since starting this journey. It started at 38.6% twelve weeks ago, and today, 29.9%. I set myself a goal quite some time ago to be in a position of being able to transition to reverse diet/maintenance by end of June. So, exactly 30 days to lose the last 4.2kg, which I think is just about achievable if I really stick to the program. I am feeling really motivated. Additional motivation from the fact that just after that, we are meant to be heading interstate (if covid restrictions allow) to see family we haven’t seen since Christmas. If I reach my goal, that means I would be about 15kg (33lbs) lighter than when I saw them last…. definitely doing this for me, not anyone else, but that still motivates me like crazy.

I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday xx

• posted by woodge
    on

Hi, I am starting fast 800 tomorrow total newbie to this kind of dieting, any tips and tricks appreciated 🙂

• posted by HopefulinOz
    on

Hi Woodge,
    I have only been doing this for 12 weeks, so can only advise you on what I have learnt along the way, but hopefully it helps:
    1. Not all vegetables are created equal. I personally choose to limit myself (whilst in weight loss mode) to above ground, lower carb veges. Think spinach, rocket, asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms. I avoid tomatoes and anything else that has too much carbs. And I weigh and count everything in MyFitnessPal, even spinach leaves, because I am consistently trying to keep my carb levels very low.
    2. A number of people on here try to limit their carbs to under 50g net carbs per day to get into ketosis. Some go even lower (less than 20g per day), especially if insulin resistant, or have T2 diabetes or pre-diabetes. You have to find what works for you.. You could, for example, try less than 50g net carbs per day for a few weeks, and if you still aren’t losing, drop it lower.
    3. Track and weigh absolutely everything – don’t rely on ‘estimates’ as they are often wrong.
    4. Avoid all sugars. Aim to keep protein levels to about 0.8-1.0g per ideal body weight per day. The rest of your calories are made up of healthy fats….extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, butter, ghee, cheese, cream etc.
    5. Drink lots of water. At least 2 litres a day.
    6. And sometimes, it will take your body a little while to get used to what you are doing. But in my experience, if I stick to these guidelines, it works (and I have spent 25 years doing diets that never worked, so it is somewhat of a revelation to me. I have gone from buying Large sized clothes, to Small (and sometimes Extra small) in just under three months. Sometimes you see the scales drop, sometimes only the measurements….but trust me, it works.

I am sure that lots of other people will be able to give you more suggestions. Best of luck.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi all, thank you for the new week thread Wendy. Did relatively well today given that my parents house is full of temptation!!
    Love to all, Tulip xx

• posted by Weightcreeper
    on

Hello hope its ok for me to jump on your thread, apologies if not.
    I’m new here and to the fast 800 and need all the help I can get so trying to glean all the info possible as I seriously need to loose weight before I sink even further into depression than I already am x
    Thanks lisa

• posted by RubyG
    on

RubyG and hubby reporting for duty.
    We are away from home this week, the scales here jump about a bit so it looks like we have stayed the same, which is OK. We met family for lunch on Sunday, and kept to the low carb WOE, and had some berries and cream for dessert (they had a small meringue on top).
    We also had a long walk along the beach yesterday afternoon, and I foraged some seaweed which is currently drying in a low over, to be used for thickening and flavouring – first time I’ve foraged seaweed so I’ll let you know how it works out.

Lauren – good luck today, and my only advice is to tolerate the in-laws as far as possible if unable to ignore them totally – they do not have any right to impact on your life with Craig. My in-laws can be challenging, but after 32 years together I can mostly cope with them, most of the time, but at times it has been hard.

SG, I watched all 3 episodes of the current MM 21-day program, and hubby sort-of watched and listened too. It was good, and included snippets of all the strategies. I would recommend watching for those that haven’t yet.

Have a good week everyone!

• posted by RubyG
    on

Meant to say, the other people had a small meringue with their dessert, we didn’t 🙂
    Hubby has the munchies today, but then we were out the house just after 05h30 this morning for a walk before a morning shower and breakfast, so he probably feels like it’s lunchtime already. He had his allocated 1 Brazil nut………..
    I have reminded him that MM recommends not eating between meals 🙂

• posted by wendleg
    on

Welcome woodge, Welcome Weightcreeper ! Of course it’s ok to join the thread ! We will do everyhting we can to help you.

Are you both familiar with Michael Mosley’s books or any of our recommended books on the role of insulin and the benefits of low carb eating ? Jason Fung ‘s The Obesity Guide , The Diabetes code ???

Have you had a look at the http://www.dietdoctor.com website for general info on low carb, meal plans and recipes ?

Let us know if you need basic information as you start out or how we can guide you

• posted by Weightcreeper
    on

Thanks
    I’m waiting for books to arrive but decided to bite the bullet and attempt a start today with what info im getting online. I’ve been on the fast 800 mm site and have a good idea of what I can and can’t do I think….I’ve adjusted my fitness pal to 800 and put in the macros from another thread and meal planned a few days in advance hopefully getting it right. Thanks x heres hoping and trying

• posted by wendleg
    on

That’s great…just shout out if there is anything you are unsure of. Remember to keep hydrated too..it’s important to keep fluids up xx

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone and a special welcome to our newbies Woodge and weightcreeper and welcome back to our usual crowd old and new and returners. Another week, another chance to do something great for ourselves be it mental, physical or just relaxing.

I have just paid for a new challenge by Dr Becky. Dont know if I will learn anything new but it only cost $21 so around €17 or or £15 and it includes 72 recipes so that in itself might be worth it. It is higher calories than we do and around 50g carbs but has plenty of good ideas, I am sure I can adjust the portions down a bit or not eat a whole avocado in one meal. There is a section about How Will I Feel and she talks about carb withdrawal which might be useful to newbies. In the first few days or even a week you might feel pretty yuk. Look upon it as your body getting rid of the rubbish you have previously been feeding it. You will also have carb craving and, again, this is your body trying to get you to go back to feeding it what it has got used to. It is also a good sign that the diet is working. But lots of good advice from Hopefulinoz and no doubt you will both have lots more questions.

I have a doctors appointment on 21st June so deffo a 21 day challenge for me. I was 76kg last time so I want to be 75kg or even better, 74kg. Crept up a bit over the weekend so starting from 76. Blood glucose is still low at around 80 and now on 17 units of insulin. Cant seem to get it lower but that might change if I can lose a couple of kilos.

Have a good week everyone. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Just a quick check in from me. I’m still loitering but work has tightened up internet usage so I’m being canny.
    I’ve following broad principles but not currently Fast800-ing, more maintenance focused – a big part of this relates to my new found love of running (seriously – i still wonder who on earth this person is i have turned into – used to hate running) anyway, trying to run consistently and loose weight has proven difficult. I am hoping to run a marathon (at the least a strava marathon) before I’m 40 (end of august) and just had a meeting with my old trainer who is an ultramarathon guy….. anyway, his take is not to focus on weightloss but to focus on nutrition and training, I know a lower carb, no processed food diet suits my body so i will stick with that but not worry too much about calories…… I feel like a little weight has been lifted as i was struggling to work it all out. I now have a plan.
    So no weightloss to report but fitness, strength and shape is going the right way.
    In other news…… we have sunshine!! Oh wow has it lifted my spirits, have a really positive week or so and feel full of energy at long last!
    Hubby watched Fat Fiction and is now toying with a clean low carb way of eating adn feeling good for it….its only taken 12 months for him to clock on! haha.
    Oh and my wee horse has qualified for the national dressage champs (lowest level but still a fab achievement) so we will be making a big road trip at the end of June, looking at it as a holiday with my horse and some dressage thrown it. Very excited!

Welcome newbies, you wont regret jumping into this, not for a second. There will be tough days but it is positively life changing.

Looking forward to catching up a bit with regulars too…..

Off to a meeting now….

Julz

• posted by Ncjj678
    on

Hi all
    I’ve not posted for a while but this is my 5th week and i’m plodding along. I’ve lost 12lbs, 3 inches of my waist and gone down to points on the bmi so i’m happy. My losses aren’t as big as some of you but i’m losing and not really hungry so that’s good. From this week on I have a meal out every week which isn’t ideal but it’s birthdays so i’ll make the best choices I can.
    😊

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Apologies for being late checking in on the new weekly thread, really pleased to see plenty of people getting involved, old and new … warm welcome to our newcomers.
    Not going to try to comment on all posts made, but congrats on good positive results Ncjj, don’t waste energy comparing your achievement to that of others, you’re doing great.
    Lauren, really hope your event with the in-laws was not as awful as you feared and that nothing happened to compound the issues you were already struggling with.
    SG, the challenge sounds interesting, please keep us posted.
    I continue on maintenance mode, so nothing much to report. Could do with something to help me focus of achieving the goal of getting back to target, but nothing big enough on the horizon at the moment to spur me to action. So, will continue as I am for now and be grateful.
    Keep going everyone, don’t worry if today didn’t work our too well ….. tomorrow brings a new opportunity to make a fresh start.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone, a quick check in for me. I had the evening off as we were celebrating my dad’s 80th birthday. I fasted for quite a long time today though, as I didn’t eat until I had lunch at 1pm. I had some greek yogurt with frozen blueberries which was nice as we had record breaking heat today – at least 35C! It can get above 40 here, but not usually this early in the year. Dinner was a chinese takeaway at my dad’s request and my sister made a chocolate hazelnut torte. Very low key for an 80th birthday, but we’re only just starting to have some restrictions lifted and even though we can now dine at restaurants, none of us felt like going out to eat as we’ve all only had a single dose of vaccine so far. My parents will get their second dose next week and I’ve just heard that my second dose will arrive quicker than expected, so that is good news and the whole family should be fully vaccinated by next month.
    My little bit of size loss appears to have been short-lived, although I’m back to retaining huge amounts of water at my TOTM, even though I don’t seem to be having periods anymore, or only very sporadically. So I’m hoping this puffiness will go away soon. I’m a bit cheesed off about it though as it means that my smaller size shorts are not fitting very comfortably right now, and I’m at a loss to know where I put my larger size ones when I unpacked in the fall. Motivation though to see if I can get a bit of discard happening, I suppose. We’re supposed to be back down to a more seasonal 18-22C by Saturday and that will hopefully last the rest of the month, so I have about 3 weeks to see what I can do.

on

Hi everyone, well I am off to a slow start. First day lost 0.4 kg, day 2 gained 0.2kg. day 3 and 4 stayed at a 0.2kg loss. Only to be expected considering I eat this way all the time so being strict for me is just cutting out the booze at the weekend. Dont like that I have swum 3 times this week already – no, I never lose extra weight believe it or not. This could be because I have to compensate for very low blood sugar and yesterday had a ryvita with hummous. Not too sinful but still an addition to my diet. Unfortunately I didnt have anything less carby in the house but I have bought extra chicken and cold meats for this week.

SunnyB, I have ditched the 21 day challenge and they send me a refund. Very good about it. Found the foods were sameish i.e. week one boil 8 eggs and have one for breakfast each day with something different so maybe avocado and boiled egg one day, boiled egg and slice of ham another day and so on. Said it was for people new to low carb and it might be good as an intro but as a ‘veteran’ I found it not varied enough. Also as it is an American site I didnt know a lot of the ingredients as they have different names but some were things I dont know like MCT oil, gazbano beans (turns out to be chickpeas), potato flakes (what the heck – low carb), liquid egg white or egg substitute. Too much like hard work. Main thing that decided for me was a massive error in calories. example apple, walnut and feta salad – very similar to the one in MMs book. Said it was 467 cals to which I said bl—dy hell thats a lot for lunch. Did my own calculation and using her exact measurements it came out at 350 in myfitnesspal. Then did a little adjustment by only using one teaspoon of oil for the dressing instead of 1 tablespoon and cut it by another 70 calories. So I thought if I am doing this with every recipe what am I actually getting that I dont already have and know. I know they allowed more calories (around 1200) and put some emphasis on fats for fullness but not for me. As I said, they were very good about it and I received my refund within a couple of hours.

Looking forward to watching MMs programme tonight (or recording it). Wendy, dont forget to record it on channel 4 or 4+1 or you can watch it later on More 4 if you have a thingy box???

Take care everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Shame about the challenge, SG, but it certainly sounds like a real beginners course and as you say, wouldn’t offer you anything new. Good news that it was easy to cancel and get a refund though. Guess you could set your own 21 day challenge though, allowing some extra cals whilst keeping carbs low. Either way, I’m sure you’ll achieve further discard before 21st and your doctor’s appointment, as you have been very focused over the last few months and getting great results.

on

SunnyB, not sure if you misunderstood my post, there is no way I would want to have extra calories. I ditched the other diet because it was 1200 and I am happy sticking at around 800 when I am being strict which is what I am on now. Swam again today so hoping for a shift in weight.

• posted by RubyG
    on

End of week check-in from RubyG and hubby. We’ve both had a small loss this week while away from home, not tracking food but keeping low carb without thinking about it, which is a good sign I think.
    We’re both keen to have a disciplined week of 800cals next week to get the losses going again and get to our next goal of the lower half of our current stone mark by the beginning of July, before we head off on 2 weeks annual leave in July – eek!
    Have a good weekend everyone 🙂

• posted by Russianroulade
    on

Hi all
    Well it’s day 5 and I’m feeling pretty pleased with myself. I’ve lost 10.5 pounds since Monday!
    We’ve come to Cornwall on holiday for a week, so am a bit worried about how I’m going to stay on track, so have brought my scales with me! I have always weighed daily, so hopefully this will help me out.
    If I could lose just 2 more pounds, I’ll be under the 11 stone Mark for the first time in about 6 years. The motivation to do this is high, but it’s going to be a challenge. Am defo going to try and stick to my 800 cals. I did have two drinks tonight, but am going to try and stay off the booze for most of the holiday. Tuesday is my birthday, so I may indulge, but will see how I feel on the day.
    Have great weekends all
    Xxx

• posted by ScottM
    on

Hey all,
    Sorry I’ve been a bit MIA of late. Work has been keeping me busy.
    A funny little anecdote for you all:

About 3 weeks ago, I had some indigestion and rubbed my chest where it was sore. To my surprise (and some concern) I found a lump. Small, pea sized, hard, about halfway down my torso in the middle.
    I left it a couple of days to see if it resolved and it didn’t so I decided to call the GP.
    He phoned me back and explained to me that it’s part of my breast bone ( the xiphisternum ) and I just hadn’t been able to feel it cause of the fatty tissue I’d had previously. So that was embarrassing.

On the plus side, I asked the GP about staying on the BSD as I’ve been on it since the start of January and he’s happy for me to stick with it which is great.

Been losing weight pretty consistently since the start (bit of a slow down this week and a 1lb gain but I don’t weigh in until Sunday so hoping it’ll be back down).
    How much of a difference does drinking water make as I have to be honest and say I’ve been pretty poor at that recently!

• posted by HopefulinOz
    on

Scott, your anecdote certainly made me laugh!!!! Isn’t it funny, the little knobbly bits you suddenly notice on your body 🙂
    For me, having enough water makes a big change to my weight loss. I have tracked it enough to notice a definite correlation, but have no scientific explanation for why this is other than I have read that the process of beta-oxidation (where fats are broken down) requires water molecules. Essentially, it speeds fat loss up.
    Congrats on your successes 🙂

on

Happy weekend everyone. After some bad storms over the last 2 days we are now back to sunshine but the pool has dropped to 22 degrees. I might still dare a swim this afternoon?????

Wow Russianroulade that is amazing. Keep on keeping on. Scott, yes we do discover bits we didnt know we had that are normal for slim(mer) people. I have been dithering around the same 2 or 3 kgs for the last few months so not great weight loss but suddenly realised my 2 pairs of the only jeans that actually fit me are really baggy in the lower bottom and top of thighs area. Not a place I measure often but decided to check it out. Since my last measure about a year ago I have lost 1 inch from each thigh and that is a total of 2 inches on each on. Doesnt sound a lot but it is not somewhere a lot of weight comes off – a bit like my upper arms which have only lost around 1 inch in the full 5 years on this plan. I can only put it down to exercise as, I said, not lost a lot more weight.

Set a goal of getting from 76kg to 75kg for my doctor appointment and have already reached that this morning after just 5 days so now still aiming for 74kgs for my rendez-vous on the 21st. Just shows that no matter how long you have been on this diet you can still give it a real boost and lose a reasonable amount. That is good to know for those who worry about metabolism dropping. You dont do big numbers but if it is just to get back on track or shift a few stubborn kilos it is still possible.

Had a bit of a mare over the last few days. We have been in contact with a young Spanish couple who were supposed to house sit for us at Easter 2020, which of course was cancelled and they have kindly stuck with us throughout this whole on off situation. We finally booked to go to the UK on 15th July really hoping countries between Europe and the UK will be open to each other even with some restrictions (i.e. vaccinations, PCR tests etc but not having to isolate or quarantine). Contacted the couple and low and behold they are refusing to have either vaccinations or PCR tests and will now keep their travels within Spanish borders. Mad search for Plan B, the cattery, but she is closed until 26th July. Change ferry booking to 26th and book into cattery. Didnt change return date so just staying 9 days which we thought would be okay as we now dont intend leaving daughters for a UK tour (family in Scotland and Yorkshire). Daughter was upset so once again, mad scramble to change return date and now staying another 5 days, so a total 15 days. Now we are worried about the garden and the pool so need to sort someone out to look after that but there will be a neighbour who wouldnt mind earning a bit of argent de poche (pocket money) for a few hours service. Phew!!!!!! Now lets just hope the borders do go green between France and UK. Noticed France has opened borders to non-EU countries but UK is still on amber list.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

• posted by HopefulinOz
    on

Evening all. Sunshine-girl – congrats on the loss so quickly! I hope it all works out well for you with the trip away.
    I am writing tonight with much regret – it seems that taking half a birthday cake from last weekend, chopping it up into small bite sized pieces and placing in the freezer does not equate to ‘out of sight, out of mind’. It sat there for five days in my mind, and now over two nights I have eaten it. Oh, and a savoury scone today, fresh out of the oven, with butter that the kids made that smelt so good. Needless to say I have no plans to hop on the scales tomorrow. I know these things happen, but I am SO annoyed at myself because I started this month with the very best of intentions to hit my final goal weight for transition by the end of the month. That was going to be hard as it was, but this has likely made it impossible. Not the end of the world I realise – it will put things back a week….I’m just annoyed at my lack of willpower. One thing I have definitely realised is that it is when I don’t eat lunch that I am more likely to make stupid impulse choices…. aaaagggghhhh…….so annoyed 🙁
    So anyway, a pledge to myself – to eat the way I know nourishes my body best for the remainder of the month. Eat two meals a day, drink lots of water, and do NOT bring temptation into the house!
    Lauren – hope all is well since the family catchup. Keep taking care of yourself.
    Have a lovely Sunday tomorrow everyone x

• posted by Melly83
    on

Hello, can I join you please? I have an under active thyroid and my inability to lose weight is getting me down. I have the BSD book and am ready to go!

on

Thanks Hopeful…..

Welcome Melly83, happy you want to join us. The BSD book is my bible and sits on my kitchen worktop and is so thumbed it might be an idea to buy myself a new one. My daughter has hypo thyroid and still does well on this diet. In fact she has just lost 2kgs in the last 5 days. The only thing you need to worry about is how it might affect your medication when you have a reasonable weight loss. I am sure you will be keeping in touch with your doctor if you get any changes to whatever it is that happens to you. Even though my daughter has this I dont know the ins and outs. Enjoy the journey.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hopeful….I stayed at my parents for 4 days and my Dad always has these little bite size chocolate nibbles in the fridge…..chocolate mini rolls, millionaire’s shortbread, that kind of thing, and brings them out after every meal (no exaggeration, literally 😂)….any how, I resisted until the 4th day, after lunch before leaving….and ate 6. Sigh. Also there are chocolate biscuits at every turn….like just sitting at the botyom of the stairs looking at you 😂. Now my SIL has just been to visit and brought home made blondies with her….ffs….anyhow, I ate 3, plus a mahoosive portion of the lasagne she made last night…..well, today is BSD style all the way….also have not done my 2 low cal days properly this week, due to the above reasons, so need to really work hard this coming week. It’s upset my IBS too, so my body is telling me to sort my lack of willpower out!! Still, I know the bulk of it was due to extended family eating, which is also nice and sociable…but a little more restraint would be good lol.
    Lauren, I really hope you survived the in-laws,
    Tulip xxxxx

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,thanks for including me on the weekly lists Wendy,sorry I’m just getting round to posting now,have had a couple of quite stressful weeks and have been WAY off food plan but not going to dwell on that,just moving forward.Have still been reading posts daily and,even though I haven’t been posting,I have been silently wishing everyone well for various stressful situations yous have been encountering.Dawn X

on

So far a successful weekend. Was tempted but resisted and the results are well worth it. Another loss. Thinking of bringing doctors appointment forward to 18th instead of 21st as I will certainly have reached my second goal of 74 kgs by then. Will ring tomorrow and see if they have a slot. What is all this about UK doctors not seeing people face to face. We have not had that here and have even kept other medical appts such as my cardio routine check up. Just cant get to see my chiropodist so going to get hubby to cut my toenails this afternoon. It is a big job. Take care everyone.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone !
    I got a bit distracted the second half of the week helping a friend with school meetings etc so sorry I was a bit quiet .

Crikey it’s already time to start a new weekly thread !
    Well done on some fantastic results Russianroulade, SG and everyone else for just being here or for coming back after stressful times .

Welcome Melly83 ! You are on the list .

Talking about stresses, really hope Lauren is ok and managed the get together which was making her so anxious . Hopefully we will hear from her soon .

New weekly thread coming up !

Please log in or register to post a reply.