off the wagon, second day back; tasty sardine recipes?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tatie
    on

I forget why I slipped off but about two weeks ago I did (maybe that old sugar craving). I had done it for 4 days.

The biggest problem I have is not being hungry at all in the morning and then getting starved by mid afternoon. I think I’ll try preparing breakfast the night before.

This is my second day back.

I bought a million cans of sardines. I put a little pesto on it, just to punch up the flavor but I really had stopped eating dairy over a year ago (cheese in the pesto). I figured sardines are a good protein, from the deep deep (cleaner) ocean. I add rice vinegar (zero carbs), green leafies, cucumbers, peppers green and red, a tiny handful of walnuts. Suggestions for sardine recipes would be nice.

Thanks for your support.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Tatie, on recipe I use all the time is from the BSD original book.Couple of large tablespoons of cream cheese, small tin of drained sardines and squeeze of lemon juice. Season with black pepper and mash together. Serve with celery sticks, carrot stick, cucumber and sliced red pepper.

• posted by LimitedEditionBonusPack
    on

I made fishcakes with sardines today. I thought they were good, and my 2 and 5 year olds enjoyed them. I didn’t add seasonings or salt, I thought they were plenty salty on their own, but you could add seasonings.

The whole recipe worked out to be 939 calories and made 10 fish cakes. I ended up weighing the batch after cooking so I could accurately record what I ate since not all my fish cakes were the same size.

1 fish cake(if all are equal in size):
    94 cal (net carbs 0.3g)
    Fat 7.7g
    Protein 6g
    Carbs 1.1g
    Fiber 0.8g

1 large can of sardines (6.7 oz can/ 190g)
    Ground flax seeds (30g/ about 1/4 cup)
    Finely grated sharp cheddar (2 oz/ 56g)
    1 large egg
    1 Tbs butter(for frying)

Mash the sardines and mix in ground flax, grated cheese, and egg. Stir until well combined and let sit for 2-3 minutes to thicken. Heat a nonstick skillet to medium and melt butter in, once it bubbles add in heaping tablespoons of fish cake mixture, flattening slightly. Fry on each side 4 or 5 minutes, until nicely brown and crispy.

Please log in or register to post a reply.