No weight loss week 3/4

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kimi68
    on

Hi, I have stuck to the diet since week 1, now 1/2 way through week 4, my weight loss has been as follows
    1st week was 2.6kg (91.7 down to 89.1)
    2nd week 1.9kg (89.1 down to 87.2)
    3rd week .2kg (87.2 down to 87)
    4th week nil so far!!! no weight loss for 10 days!!!
    Just wondering if I am doing something wrong? I have been drinking about 2 litres of water or more a day. It has been really hot (over 35 degrees) most days for the last week, so finding it hard to be as active. Feeling frustrated…Any advice?
    Thanks

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Kimi68

Firstly, close to 5kg to date, which is a great result and something to celebrate and logically, we all know that on 800 calories a day, at some point the weight has to disappear. However on the BSD, stalls and plateaux are common and can strike anytime. This is just an indication that your body is adjusting.

It is worth remembering that not all calories are equal though, so it’s worth checking a couple of things, to be sure there is nothing you are overlooking. For instance, are you keeping an eye on carb intake? If not, it might be worth taking a look at and pulling them down if they are above 50g a day. Also take a look at fats – are you getting enough? They are important on the BSD to help you to feel sated and to kick start the fat burning process.

Finally, there will be ups and down on the BSD, but overall it definitely works and you will find that overall there will be a downward trend and providing you stick with it, you will get to where you want to be.

Try not to be disheartened, even if these phases are frustrating. Keep going and you will soon be reporting positive results again soon. Be sure to keep us posted.

• posted by Kimi68
    on

Thank you SunnyB, I really appreciate your advice. I will keep going with it. I am fairly sure my fats and protein are good, I don’t think I eat enough good carbs though. Going to relook at my meals and shake it up a bit with some new recipes, I will keep you posted!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Kimi68
    Be careful of too much protein as any excess that your body doesn’t use is converted to glucose so it’s the same as eating carbohydrates!

Why do you think you need more good carbs? There is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate, only essential fats and proteins, as your body can make what it needs from proteins and fats. Your body can survive on zero carbs. Breast fed babies do it!

I agree with SunnyB in that it’s more than likely to be too many carbs (or protein) so try cutting them back first.

Cheers
    Linda

Please log in or register to post a reply.