No other way to say it – diarrhoea

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Libby
    on

Today is day 3 week 1 and from yesterday I started having diarrhoea. Today it is much worse. I assume it is because of all the veggies that we’re having.
    Anyone else having the same issue and does it relent in time? (And I mean soon)
    Good weight loss trick though!!!!!

cheers
    Libby

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I can think of a few other ways to say it Libby although maybe not ways I would post on here 😉
    Constipation seems to be the most common side effect of this way of eating but I must admit to having the (trots) a couple of times.
    Mainly when I tried a packet of sugar free sweets that had me running like an olympic sprinter.
    Advice I got years ago was to not eat anything too rich and have cold drinks instead of hot. It works for me.

• posted by FoFi
    on

Hi, I have had a similar problem to Bill with sugar free sweets. I have eaten them in the past with little impact (except once when I ate two packets). But now a smaller quantity seems to be a larger problem. I don’t know if it is the lower carbohydrate or lower overall food intake. Most of my time on this diet I tend towards mild constipation.

Is there anything obvious you are eating like mints, prunes, etc?

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Libby.

I’ve got the same problem and googled it. Apparently some people do react in this way to vegetables 😱

Thanks for your restraint Bill, especially at breakfast time 😃

Looks like sulphites do it for me too 😱

• posted by Libby
    on

Hi Bill
    Not a sugar morsel has passed my lips since Monday – although my lips have been smacking together at the thought of a lolly or piece of bread!
    Yes sugar free lollies will do it as they contain a compound which ‘has a laxative effect if taken in large doses’ so a bag or two might just constitute large doses.
    Certainly not overdoing the fruit (quite a scarce commodity) and have been missing the meat part of food.
    I guess I’ll continue and see how it goes, although this morning didn’t start off well either 🙁

cheers
    Libby

• posted by susieb
    on

It’s happened to me too – I’m guessing it’s the higher fat doses, something my body is not used to.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Libby,
    No need to do without bread, we live in the Lucky Country lol!! Google Herman Brot bread and find a supplier near you. It’s a bit pricy at around $6.50 a loaf, but at 111cals & 2.3g carbs you can indulge. It’s delicious and freezes well. Dark, moist, seeded real bread. Enjoy.

• posted by Geri09
    on

Me too.. Day 3.

• posted by slipstream
    on

Hello All.
    Same problem here, been following the diet for about a week and a half. The first week I was getting into the swing, but the 2nd week I’ve been much more serious and I’m now experiencing the trots for the 3rd day. May relax the regime a little to see if my system settles down.

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

If you’re on diabetes meds, this way of eating takes a while to settle, digestively. I’m beyond the trots now I’m on lower Metformin dose, but I wonder if you can guess from my OH’s pet name for me what the problem is now?
    My little kitten? No. My lovely maharani? No.
    I rejoice in the name Mrs Farty McFartpants…..

Please log in or register to post a reply.