No miracle weightloss

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Daisy Derya
    on

Hi.
    I am half way through the 8 week program. However I have lost only 8 lbs and no inches (so don’t know where it has gone). Followed the diet religiously, well almost. Feel a bit like giving up some days but I won’t, I will stick with it till the end in the hope that some miracle will happen and giving up all the things I love will have been worth it.
    When you hear about the huge weight loss most people have experienced it is very disheartening when you struggle. I lost 10 lbs and then put on 2 lbs. I don’t know why because I ate exactly the same as I had the week before.
    I did once cheat and went out for a meal with friends. Just had steak and vegetables so not bad but I did have two cocktails. Lost 6 lbs in that week – that’s the answer – drink more cocktails!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Daisy Derya – Sorry to read that you are struggling and disheartened by your loss to date. Part of the problem is comparing ourselves to others and sadly we can’t all expect to see the fantastic results some folk report. Some of us – me included – lose weight much more slowly and we have to make peace with that and celebrate any downward movement on the scales we are lucky enough to achieve. You can be assured though, that it will happen, you just have to stick with it. Logic dictates that at 800 cals a day, weight loss will follow – as will the loss of inches too.

I appreciate it is disheartening to see no loss – or even a gain – for no apparent reason, as I too have experienced this (many, many of us have). The only advice I can offer is to keep hydration up, check you carb intake and maybe extend your overnight fast (if you can, some people can’t do this, especially if they have any blood sugar issues). Not all calories are equal and sometimes we don’t realise how high the carb content is in something we are routinely consuming, which is why it’s worth double checking. But ultimately, we just need to stay strong and focused and keep going. It will happen, it just might take a little longer than you had originally hoped.

Best of luck with continued weight loss and hope to see you posting some more positive results soon.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

HI Daisy- I agree with SunnyB- don’t compare your weight loss to others. When I started BSD in January I expected the weight to drop off quickly but, like you, it has been a slow process. one thing I often found was that even though the scales didn’t move, my clothes were really, really loose and I had to buy smaller clothes quite quickly. Don’t give up because this way of eating does work. Weight loss is not a simple science and we are all individuals and even drinking a large glass of water can have an effect on the scales! Keep going and it won’t be long before you start to notice that your clothes will be feeling loose!

Please log in or register to post a reply.