Newly diagnosed – Lots to learn. Fighting it all the way!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by janetilett
    on

Hi
    I’m Janet. I’m 52 and just been diagnosed type 2 (which apparently, will be confirmed after another blood test in 3 months) That is what I have been told. But I am determined it won’t be confirmed. Long story short, it was a slap in the face, particularly as for most of my adult life I have worked for and lived and breathed Weight Watchers, which was wonderful in so many ways. I was mostly a healthy weight and a healthy eater. Boy, have I got some changing to do now!
    I have lots to learn and I know nothing!
    I thought I would write a blog right from the beginning, about my experiences good and bad.

My blog, if you want to see it is at wwwtype2do1.wordpress.com

Thank goodness I found out about Dr Michael Mosley!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Janet, welcome to the forums 🙂
    You also have a lot to unlearn 😉 but you will find it easy, especially as you are so used to keeping the weight down.
    Loving the attitude though, you get back to the docs in 3 months taking your book with you, and when the doc shows you your results, show him how you did it.
    Hopefully that will educate him into recommending this lifestyle to others.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Janet, good luck and persevere if the first few days are difficult. I took paracetamol the first three days to cope with headaches ( I was drinking LOTS of fluid) you will start to feel wonderful really quickly – more energy as well as seeing the weight drop off. I took my books and a print out of my stats since being on this diet to my asthma review yesterday. The nurse was impressed and said she is taking it on board as she has diabetic relatives. I think any health professional seeing the facts will get on board. So yes, do as Bill suggests and take the book and all your stats to the doctors in three months.
    Hopefully if enough of us do that it will help diabetics and hypothyroid patients who have not heard of this wonderful, scientific eating plan.

Wishing you the best, Judith

• posted by Kimgall
    on

Hi Janet – I too am new … started yesterday and currently feel yuck!! However, I have no doubt it will get better!!
    Welcome … and I wish you all the best … this is a great forum (not known for forum writing myself!) … everyone willing all to succeed … and get better in the bargain!! I’m using this at every opportunity … pc (when I’m supposed to be working … tablet (when I’m watching the box/in bed) … phone (when out and about)!! Better than weekly meetings at Slimming World/Weight Watchers!! (Other slimming groups are known!! 🙂 )
    Go, girl … let’s show them how its done!! Excuse me while I mop my fevered brow!!
    Kim

• posted by Bill1954
    on

He He
    Kimgall, you have the exact right attitude for this and I’m already loving your posts.
    You have a lovely relaxed writing style and know exactly how to get your points across. I sense a new star shining in the dark skies of the BSD forums 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.