Newbiw with a question

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by matilda1972
    on

HI Everyone

I’ve started the 800 calorie diet today but have been following the principles of the diet WITHOUTcalorie counting since last Wednesday and as of yesterday had lost 8lbs! I was so happy as I have a lot of weight to lose and am a type 2 diabetic with high blood sugar readings, not only have I lost 8lbs but my blood sugars have dropped drastically, still not low enough but almost there.

I feel better already and when I am hungry its controllable, I used to binge eat carbs like you wouldn’t believe!!!

I still have one question, I read the book from cover to cover and cant remember seeing advice about how many carbs you can have a day. My meal plan for today says I will consume 76g, is that high? I did have an apple and pear at lunchtime as I was not very organised and when I looked up the calories it wasn’t enough, I’m in work so have to go for what was to hand.

Could you guys tell me how many carbs you aim to eat in a day.

Thanks
    Mat

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I think the book concentrates more on the 800 calorie aspect and assumes if you are not eating devil carbs you will be okay. Some people on here have come up with levels that suit them and help with the weight loss and usually that is around 50 grams which is quite doable. For me I wouldn’t want to go any lower simply because it became too much planning to get it under 50 and meant cutting out too many other things I would have eaten, like apples, quite high in carbs but I allow myself a Ploughmans Lunch once a week with half an apple. You can go too low and this diet is set at a good balance.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Mat – welcome aboard! Great results already – wonderful!! If you are losing, may be just keep doing what you have been and if you get stuck, you can then look to push the carbs down. Most people try to get carbs down to 50g or less, but if you continue losing at a good rate, I wouldn’t panic at the moment. Give yourself a little longer to get used to the 800cals first and tackle the carbs later.

Good luck and keep posting on you progress.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi Matilda

I agree with the others, unless you have a blood sugar issue, and they don’t continue to drop, then just keep doing what you are doing. Also some people like to log everything that they eat but I don’t often have time for that. When I started BSD (starting week 17 now but trying maintenance) I just chose a breakfast, lunch and dinner from the book to start with (or use the meal plan in the back) and that seemed to work fine – I lost consistently – I don’t know how many carbs it’s based on but a lot of people have success with that too. Once you are more familiar with the plan you can strike out on your own a bit but for now, to make it easier, that’s my advice.

Good luck and well done on your losses so far!

• posted by matilda1972
    on

Thanks for all your replies, I don’t feel so concerned about it now and as I said I think it was more to do with the lack of planning on my part and having to top up my lunch with two pieces of fruit.

Glad I got through my first 800 cal day, am doing 1000 cals today and back to 800 tomorrow, just to ease myself in gently 😉

Thanks
    Mat x

Please log in or register to post a reply.