Newbie, started the diet 4 days ago.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SarahUK79
    on

Hi all. Just wanted to introduce myself, and say Hi to you all. My name is Sarah, Im 37 years old, and wanted to share my experiences of the BSD so far. I’m on day 5 now, and have lost 6.2lbs. Kind of very shocked, but incredibly motivated now! Ive tried to keep my meals to two per day, so a brunch of egg, mushrooms and tomatoes, and then a healthy dinner. Sometimes the afternoon dip has happened, and Ive grabbed a peach to try and keep me going. Water has been a bit of a saviour to be honest, Ive never really been a water drinker, so 2 litres a day has really made a difference to how I feel. I am a tea with 2 sugars drinker – that has been difficult to drop, however I still have one cup in the morning (to help me wake up) with one sugar, which has been surprisingly easy to adapt to.

I am a sugar addict, I’ve realised that now, and thats just in this short time on the diet. I stepped on the scales this morning, and I’m now in the overweight category of the BMI chart instead of the obese ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi SarahUK79

Welcome, and very well done for your 6.2lb loss – fabulous start!

You will continue to get the hang of how this works, and I would only make two suggestions.

– I gave up sugar entirely (2 sugars in tea and coffee) and it took me 8 weeks to really get used to it, but I am so cheered by having done it. If I can, you may be able to, and in hindsight it was such wasted calories. Maybe you could try gradually reducing your one spoonful to see how you go. Or, otherwise, you could for your 8 weeks on this switch to herbal tea (I love ginger tea).
    – also, do watch fruit, even as a snack. A 4.5 ounce peach has 51 calories and 13g of carbs. If you can switch to eating 6 baby plum tomatoes (they’re lovely and juicy, and you eat them slowly), as a snack, they are 16 calories and only 3 carbs. Think of the extra calories/carbs you can spend on your lunch and dinner

I use MyFitnessPal app to check on the calories/carbs etc of my food, with sometimes surprising results. If you want to do this, you may decide to use your calories and carbs differently!

And just one other thing – if you use MFP and restrict your carbs to under 50g per day, you may well find that the weight loss is kick-started!

Hope this helps!

๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by karenv
    on

Hello Sarah and welcome! There are lots of us on the forums so hopefully you will have plenty of people to chat to ๐Ÿ™‚ that’s a fantastic result in five days, well done! The brunch thing is s good idea – I do that on weekends so that I can have a bit more at dinner. How do you feel on the diet? I’m more tired (but I’ve just been doing it for a week and a half so I think that’s par for the course) but not really hungry or craving much so far which is a big change for me! Good luck and keep us posted on how you’re getting on ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Pd11
    on

Hi Sarah79 ive just started posting too. I popped on the hello thread it is busy on there.
    I love fruit and want to include it in my meals so i have allowed myself half a peach as part of my breakfast with yoghurt or in a salad with chicken or as part of snack grilled with a squirt of lime juice with some fromage frais and chopped nuts. I always have it with something as one of my meals though and tend not to snack. If i need a quick sugar fix i eat a raison mindfully and really slow it down. It works for me.
    Having said that the past couple of days i succumbed to temptation on my hols and eaten over my 800. Back on track today though. Good luck.

Please log in or register to post a reply.