Newbie Question

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by CazP1965
    on

I was going really well for the first few days of the 800 / day but the last couple of days have been HARD. I’ve been hungry mid morning and mid afternoon and so tempted by snacks.
    I’ve been having a handful of almonds to satiate myself but they’re so high in calories that when I have my evening meal, my 800 gets blown out of the water.
    Is there anything that I can eat between meals that will fill me up without blowing out my caloric intake?

Thanks

• posted by Leeanne
    on

I turn to tea or coffee (7 cals as I have milk). I tried the 10 cal Hartleys jelly pots too which were sweet but gave me the runs so I gave up!!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Caz,are you having a decent amount of fat in your breakfast and lunch ?
    If not, try it, fat does help to keep those feelings of hunger away.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Things like crudities with hummus or a yoghurty dip would be low cal and filling, while adding a bit of fat too. Personally what works for me is delaying the time I start eating. If I skip breakfast, its as though my stomach stays asleep until I put something in it and I don’t feel hungry until after that first meal. I don’t know if it works that way for other people too?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I use the Turkish style yogurt from Lidl, which is 10% fat, so a little goes a long way. In the early days of the BSD, when I too had between meal pangs, I used to have about 30g of this yogurt and a few sultanas, which I kept in the pot in the fridge, pre-soaked in a ginger or rose tea – because they are all plump-shush you only need a half dozen or so to give a sweet treat.

• posted by CazP1965
    on

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I’m going to try all of them 🙂 I’ll start taking my breakfast to work and eating a bit later in the morning. I have also been using low fat yogurt in the bircher to try and save a few calories but I won’t do that anymore.
    All the snacks sound great so I’ll give them a try as well.
    Really grateful for the advice.

Please log in or register to post a reply.